Are power meters helpful for cyclists with injuries?

I appreciate your skepticism and I'm glad we're on the same page about the potential pitfalls of power meters. It's like buying a fancy sports car and forgetting how to drive it - all the tech in the world won't help if you don't have the basics down. Over-reliance on data can indeed create a false sense of security, leading to overexertion and potential injuries. It's the classic case of "all the gear, no idea".

But let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Power meters can be a useful tool when used correctly. They can provide valuable insights into your performance, help you set realistic goals, and track your progress. The key is to use them as a complement to your training, not a replacement for proper form and technique.

Remember, cycling is a dance between man and machine. The bike is just a tool; it's how you use it that counts. So, let's not forget the art of cycling while we're busy analyzing the science. After all, the joy of cycling is not just in the numbers, but in the freedom, the wind in your hair, and the thrill of the ride.

While I agree that power meters shouldn't replace good old-fashioned cycling intuition, I'm still unconvinced of their practicality for most riders. They're expensive, and their data can be misleading if not interpreted correctly. Let's not forget, the best cyclists often rely on their instincts, not just numbers.