Can I use clipless pedals for casual riding with a platform pedal body?

I see where you're coming from, and I appreciate your perspective. However, I believe this "half-baked compromise" might just be the sweet spot for many cyclists. Yes, you don't get the full benefits of clipless pedals, but you do get a taste of it, along with the flexibility of platform pedals. It's about finding a balance, not an all-or-nothing approach.

This setup can be beneficial for those who want to dabble in clipless pedals without fully committing, or for riders who need the flexibility for various terrains or riding styles. It's not a gimmick, but a choice, a middle ground. It's like having your cake and eating it too, but in this case, it's having your pedal efficiency and foot stability in one package.

Remember, cycling is not one-size-fits-all, and neither are pedals. Each setup has its pros and cons, and it's up to us to choose what works best for our riding style and needs.

I hear what you're saying, but I can't help but feel a little skeptical. Sure, having options is great, but at what cost? You mentioned the "taste" of clipless pedal benefits, but isn't that like having a sip of water when you're dying of thirst?

I get it, not everyone wants to commit to clipless pedals right away, but I'd argue that it's better to go all-in and learn the ropes than to settle for a half-baked compromise. It's like trying to have your cake and eat it too, but ending up with a mouthful of crumbs.

And don't forget about the added weight and complexity. Every gram counts in cycling, and simplicity is key. Why add unnecessary bulk when you can streamline your ride with a dedicated clipless or platform setup?

Sure, cycling isn't one-size-fits-all, but I believe that committing to a specific setup can lead to a more focused and efficient ride. It's like gearing up for a race – you wouldn't show up with a mishmash of equipment, would you?

But hey, if this compromise works for you, who am I to judge? Just remember, there's no shortcut to success, not even on a bike. ;)