Clydesdale community challenge part iv

RyanKuhne said:
21190.85 + 24.3 = 21215.15 Last ride before Mt Lemmon.
Have fun on Lemmon. It is a long slog and not a terribly interesting climb. The descent, however, is awesome: 27 miles during which you never have to apply the brakes and rarely have to pedal. I don't know what climbs you've done in the area, but I consider Kitt Peak to be several times more fun and interesting than Lemmon. The grade is a bit steeper, but the scenery and road are more interesting. The descent of Kitt is a righteous blast. Another great climb, albeit a bit shorter, is the climb up Madera Canyon. It gets really steep at the top, and the descent is a ripper through forest and a few fast, blind curves.

21550.84 + 48.2 + 27.6 = 21626.64

Mt Lemmon was great- only made it up 12 miles before hitting ice, etc. First time riding at any altitude higher than sea level, so I've got something to look forward to next time I'm out here.

BTW- if you are in Tucson and need a rental, check out Fair Wheel Bikes. Super nice guys, and I got a 2013 Specialized Roubaix SL3 for 2 days at a great deal.

Originally Posted by David Gerchman .

+5.34=21631.98 stupid sickness is killing my riding
21,631.98 + 52.4 (road) + 65.5 (trainer) = 21,749.88

Weight is currently 196.6 down from 242 on May 27th 2012. Regrettably my mileage will not count next year toward this goal since I plan on staying well below my weight now.

I bid you adieu! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Originally Posted by Dad-2-3 .

21,631.98 + 52.4 (road) + 65.5 (trainer) = 21,749.88

Weight is currently 196.6 down from 242 on May 27th 2012. Regrettably my mileage will not count next year toward this goal since I plan on staying well below my weight now.

I bid you adieu! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif
21,749.88 + 24.4 = 21,774.28

Dad-2-3: Bon voyage!! Congrats on the weight loss and hitting goals.

I hope I'm not the last posting for the year. But alas, Happy New Year to all!

Last year the challenge was pretty motivating for me and I would like to give it another go. I was just given clearance by the surgeon to start indoor riding; yesterday was my first day riding since my crash on 8/12/2011.

I would like to propose some changes to this year’s challenge. First let’s include indoor rides so we can extend the season. Second, I think we should change the goal to 30,000 miles. Last year we rode 17,049 miles and the challenge started May 6, so with the extra time and including indoor miles I think we can make it. Finally, since this is the “Clydesdales” section of the forum, we may want to include our starting weight (1/1,2012) and current (as of the most recent ride) weight (weight can be optional if people don’t want to include this).

Just like before, we’ll track the cumulative miles and see where we end up. It starts 1/1 2012 and ends 12/31/2012 – the new goal is 30,000 miles.

Cumulative Miles: 0 + 10.3 + 9.9 = 20.2
Start 283.6 current 283.6

Note: edited to reflect start date as 1/1/2012 instead on 2/20/2012
that sounds like it would have hurt BAD. Glad you are riding still.
I love my Kestrel, thanks for asking. The ride is very smooth compared to a few I have test ridden at the stores, like the Felt AR4, a Trek aluminum, and maybe a couple others I can't recall... Plus, I like the aero frame, since I knew i would be riding alone a lot at first and without a peloton to break the wind for me, also I can easily convert to tri or TT with just a bar change and adjustment to the seat post adapter. I got it new for an incredible price, and Shimano 105 5700 is so much better than anything I ever had previously. As far as time between riding, I had been riding my full suspension 2005 'El Cheapo' mountain bike, forty pounds even with the aluminum frame lol. So, I never really stopped riding, but I didn't like to ride nearly as much as I do now. I tell ya, the right bike makes all the difference in the world! I got on the mountain bike bandwagon in the 1990's; I figured out recently that I spent more time on road than off, so why did I need suspension and knobbies? The more I researched, the more I knew I needed a change. Sure glad I did it! Cyclist forever dude!

Crocosis, that is a heck of a deal on your new Giant! Great price for a bike that is so new. I had looked on Craigslist as well, but never found such a deal as that.

Oh I am clyde alright!

2447.7 + 85.7 = 2533.4

Starting weight 290 current weight 268

Hope I did this correctly. Took my weight from Feb. when we started weight watchers
I do spin classes about 3 to 5 hours a week, the bikes have no computers at all; it doen't matter anyway because spin miles would not be equivalent to road miles. I also use rollers, the issue is the same I can maintain 25+ pretty easily.

I do spin classes about 3 to 5 hours a week, the bikes have no computers at all; it doen't matter anyway because spin miles would not be equivalent to road miles. I also use rollers, the issue is the same I can maintain 25+ pretty easily.
I do spin classes about 3 to 5 hours a Dafont Showbox FileHippo week, the bikes have no computers at all; it doen't matter anyway because spin miles would not be equivalent to road miles. I also use rollers, the issue is the same I can maintain 25+ pretty easily.