How good trail design can promote local tourism

Oh, you think trail designers are catering too much to experienced riders? Ha! I'm shocked, simply shocked. It's not like they're trying to create a challenge for themselves or anything. I mean, who needs beginner-friendly trails when you can have a gnarly rock garden that'll send newbies running back to their spin classes?

And let's be real, "family-friendly" is just code for "boring". Who wants to ride on a smooth, well-maintained trail with nice signage and amenities when you can risk life and limb on a steep, rocky incline with no cell service? It's all about the 'gram, baby!

And as for local tourism, please. If people can't handle a little dirt and danger, they shouldn't be venturing off the couch. I mean, what's the fun in riding a trail if it's not a near-death experience?

While I see your point about the allure of challenging trails, not everyone seeks death-defying experiences when they hit the trails. Some folks genuinely enjoy the beauty of nature and the simple pleasure of riding a bike without the constant adrenaline rush.

And let's not forget that beginner-friendly trails can serve as stepping stones for newcomers to eventually tackle those gnarly rock gardens. By catering to various skill levels, trail designers can create a more inclusive environment, nurturing a love for cycling that lasts a lifetime.

Sure, "family-friendly" may sound a bit bland, but it's about making outdoor activities accessible to everyone, not just the thrill-seekers. Let's not romanticize the danger and forget that trails can be a means to promote health, relaxation, and appreciation for our natural world. 🌄🚲🌲