Paris Roubaix

danfoz

Apr 12, 2011
Just came across this vid, more of an advertisment really. It's old but it got me all goosed up for this weekend.

that was the year when Cancellara got a 10 meter gap about 30 kilometers from the finish and drop everyone, seated in the saddle and in a transition section of good asphalt,

I am really looking forward to this race. Strangely quiet from the favourites before this one.

i'm still thinking the cobbles will catch a few favourites napping to put some spice in the race.

granted it's not a very slim branch to go out on, but spartacus seems to be on a mission for the top spot after a dismal season last year. putting him on the top step.

maybe not a cobblestone crash, but high marks for the fdj rider who decided to have a traffic island induced crash.

Geraint Thomas (SKY) had a bit of a problem there.

This is an interest race as always

Eurosport are reporting that Hushovd has had his third puncture in this race.
Get days like that.

That was an interest finish to the race. Canc wins the sprint.

What a season he's having. Again.

limerickman said:
That was an interest finish to the race. Canc wins the sprint. What a season he's having. Again.
yes and he can maintain super top shape from Milan San Remo (if not earlier) until today in Paris Roubaix, that is the length of a grand tour,

Not saying getting away and staying away solo at the end of a race is any less easy, but unlike Sparticus' usual modus operandi it was open till the last lap at Roubaix. He certainly earned that win. A force of nature to be reckoned with.

Originally Posted by vspa .

yes and he can maintain super top shape from Milan San Remo (if not earlier) until today in Paris Roubaix, that is the length of a grand tour,
Thats a good way to look at it, much less racing to. FC was lucky Vanmarcke was egar to work and probably blow any chance of beating him.

on to the ardennes! thinking that spartacus pulls in the reins and begins his work up for the tdf.