Pezcyclingnews: Lee’s Tour Lowdown: Alps Ahoy!

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Tour’15 is in its final week and the Alps are on the horizon, all is not over for this French Grand Tour, or is it? Lee Rodgers casts his eye over the other side of the Tour in his usual unique fashion. Sagan the new eternal second, Ex-dopers on TV should be careful what they say and what will happen in the Alps? All in Lee’s Tour Lowdown. What do you want to be when you grow up, my child?Id like to be second on five separate stages at a single Tour de France, Ma!So enthralled to the idea of coming second was the little Peter Sagan that he had images of Raymond Poulidor, the Brooklyn Dodgers and Al Gore lovingly plastered all over his bedroom walls.Raymond Poulidor: Not so bad being second Yes, he said to himself as he stood gazing up at his shrine to second, his fist clenched and a single tear running down his cheek, one day I will frustrate the living heck out of Oleg Tinkov.There is also the bonus of annoying OlegForgive me the overuse of artistic license there but Sagans fifth second at the 2015 Tour might for some look like hes actually enjoying all this. Nothing of course could be further from the truth, and the rueful smile each time he has missed out but still received the Green Jersey says it all: heres a young man that seems like a nice fella who no matter what he does just cant get...

View the full article