Specialized Stumpjumper series?

Fishem

Apr 29, 2004
looking for replacement for a Rockhopper, the Stumpjumper series is of similar price range, anyone tried this line of bikes? Rockhopper has nice compact frames and is good on hills, looking for something with similar design.

I purchased a Stumpjumper a couple of years ago and it was a great first full suspension bike. I loved everything about it except the weight. It was a heavy bike - rockin for downhills but it killed me up hill. Compared to the other bikes I was riding with mine was a tank!!!! All I suggest is take it for a test ride then maybe test some others aswell..

the stumpjumper, is yes, in fact a slight bit of a tank, more for downhill than for uphill, i tired it, than the FSR xc, it was cheaper, rode super smooth, and its light and exellent on hills and has 100 mm (4in) of suspension in the front and rear, so is capable of more of the downhills the stumpjumper can do, the fsrxc is just more fragile, way stronger than most, but fragile, compared to mabey an enduro..or a stumpjumper. i highly reccomend this bike who loves 5ft drops and crazy freestyle, some downhills, and lots of uphill (super easy ride).

(the largest drop i have done on this bike is 6 1/2 ft, i twisted my ankle, and i couldnt ride home)

I have a Stumpjumper FSRxc thats a couple of years old, its my second full suspension and its a very nice bike to ride. There are probably better bikes for the money, though this is still a nice riding bike.