Tips for improving your bike riding skills

Zwift is a great way to simulate bike handeling. Diet doesn't matter a whole lot, nor do traffic rules because we're not cars.

Diet doesn't matter a whole lot, nor do traffic rules because we're not cars.

Those are low quality advice. Ignore his post.

Poor choice of diet will badly affect both recovery performance and performance on rides, unless your rides are only short and low intensity. Ignoring traffic rules can cause accidents.

Here is my list of tips:
  1. Practice regularly: The more you ride, the more comfortable and confident you'll become on your bike.
  2. Work on your posture: Keep your back straight and your elbows slightly bent to help you maintain balance and control.
  3. Improve your balance: Practice riding with one hand or with your eyes closed to improve your balance and coordination.
  4. Learn how to corner properly: Slow down before entering a turn and lean into the turn, using your body weight to maintain balance.
  5. Improve your pedal power: Work on building up the strength in your legs by doing regular exercises such as squats and lunges.
  6. Learn to brake effectively: Use both brakes to slow down smoothly, and apply the brakes evenly to avoid skidding.
  7. Learn to shift gears: Shift gears smoothly and in a timely manner to maintain a comfortable pace and minimize wear and tear on your bike.
  8. Be aware of your surroundings: Always be aware of other riders, vehicles, and obstacles in your path.
  9. Learn to ride in different conditions: Practice riding in different weather conditions, such as rain and wind, to improve your riding skills and increase your confidence.
  10. Join a group or take a class: Riding with others or taking a bike-riding class can help you improve your skills, learn new techniques, and make new friends.

Reactions: Addryn
On improving bike riding skills esp for those who clip-in.
I do road-stands at the end of my rides .
No traffic lights or stop signs here to speak of so just do them in the street or my driveway. Helps you learn to unclip quick enough to stab your foot down so not to fall over. The more level ground the more sketchy IMO .
Do not forget trick riding skills , will help you on and off- road to manual ,bunny hop ect.
At minimum be able to hop a road bike or hybrid over small objects in the road. My favorite gravel ride has a wicked downhill section that is very loose and has deep ruts zig-zagging the trail /road.
Essential to hop them or be forced to slow down.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz