Why does every one hate Greg Lemond?

1) "******" is spelled with 2 "g"s

2) I'm in the Army

3) your mom didn't think I was..................moderated.

Pinger : please desist from attempting to insult the family relatives of your fellow members.

pinger said:
yeah. the right reasons are because Armstrong is an egotistical, womanizing douchebag.

Lance Armostrong: the only man on Earth who can make himself sound like a total **** in his autobiography! Didn't he have an editor for "Its Not About The Bike"? Somebody who could say "Hey lance, I've been reading your first draft, and do you really want to come off sounding like such an arrogant *****?"

Allow me to notarize your post and say that I've come to same conclusion regarding Mr. Gunderson.

Because he's the Godfather of Cycling in America and raising money for cancer research:)rolleyes:), not many journalists want to readily turn over the stones in his personal life and expose the other true side to this celebrity. As you mentioned, he did a pretty nice job of it himself in his book, but you can believe his personal account is only the 'tip of the iceberg'...

I can't say that I dislike him because I don't know him. What I do know is that he conveys the appearance of being very dislikable...

pinger said:
1) "******" is spelled with 2 "g"s

2) I'm in the Army

3) your mom didn't think I......moderated (see above).

lolololol.....I never was a good speller! lololololol .

Stormsgate : please desist from getting in to a slagging game with Pinger.
Thank you for your co-operation.

Stormsgate said:
lolololol.....I never was a good speller! lololololol You getting angry pinger? I'm sorry if you do like funny farm animals. It was just a joke. Now that we know you think your a bad ass why don't you give me your phone number and I will make sure you get mine. How about *****?

Moderated.

Stormsgate/Pinger :

I have had to moderate several of both your most recent posts to this thread because of the abusive content of those posts.
I am all for banter but including abusive content in posts will not be tolerated.

I am asking you both to moderate your exchanges going forward.
if you cannot moderate the content of your posts, I will moderate the content of your posts and you cannot, your account could well be terminated without notice

limerickman said:
Stormsgate/Pinger :

I have had to moderate several of both your most recent posts to this thread because of the abusive content of those posts.
I am all for banter but including abusive content in posts will not be tolerated.

I am asking you both to moderate your exchanges going forward.
if you cannot moderate the content of your posts, I will moderate the content of your posts and you cannot could well be terminated without notice

after looking over the whole forum I see we are the only ones that do this and I apologize and it wont happen again

Stormsgate said:
after looking over the whole forum I see we are the only ones that do this and I apologize and it wont happen again

Fine.
Apology accepted.

Let that be the end of it.

Time to move on!

Hi

What model Lemond is that ?. I have been looking for a Lemond bike but dont know what model would suit me. I ride a 56cm Trek Madone 4.5. If you could offer any positive advice i would appreciate it. Thank you

In the end the truth comes out. Lemond was a great racer. a man of integrity and honesty. I was disappointed to hear what he said about Lance many years ago, but now it seems Greg was on target and Lance ...well we all know the unfortunate truth now...
Greg was "a whiner" ...sure ...he carried Hinault up the mountain and Hinault paid him back with attacks..in the days when Americans' were perceived to be outsiders...Look at the 2012 tour..IMO, one of the better tours in the last few years..I don't hate Greg Lemond,....never did..his comments were confusing me sveeral years ago..NOW I under stand...Cycling seems as bad as figure skating...It is more brutal off the "ice/road" than it is in the field of competition.
Greg Lemond ... agreat NO DOPING RACER.. a man of integrity...Lance as Lemond predicted "will have no friends in the end" His several years ago prediction seems right on. What do you say to that old man who says "NEW TO CYCLING"?

Tony Naples said:
In the end the truth comes out. Lemond was a great racer. a man of integrity and honesty. I was disappointed to hear what he said about Lance many years ago,  but now it seems Greg was on target and Lance ...well we all know the unfortunate truth now... Greg was "a whiner" ...sure ...he carried Hinault up the mountain and Hinault paid him back with attacks..in the days when Americans' were perceived to be outsiders...Look at the 2012 tour..IMO, one of the better tours in the last few years..I don't hate Greg Lemond,....never did..his comments were confusing me sveeral years ago..NOW I under stand...Cycling seems as bad as figure skating...It is more brutal off the "ice/road" than it is in the field of competition. Greg Lemond ... agreat NO DOPING RACER.. a man of integrity...Lance as Lemond predicted "will have no friends in the end" His several years ago prediction seems right on. What do you say to that old man who says "NEW TO CYCLING"?
How do you know Lemond wasn't a doper? The truth about Armstrong hasn't actually been decided and isn't something that will be decided by USADA. They're going to decide whether or not they think, given their evidence, that he's guilty of what they've accused him. He may or may not end up being guilty, and the truth may or may not coincide with that verdict no matter which way it goes. You've missed the simple, crucial point: sports governing bodies and judicial courts to not discover the truth. They only make judgements, and since humans are involved--and therefore subjectivity and error are introduced--the judgements can diverge from the truth. This point is obvious given the less than rare overturning of past convictions in criminal cases based on new DNA or new evidence. I really don't care whether Armstrong is penalized or not. He's not part of cycling any more. I also don't care the Merckx doped. I also don't necessarily believe that Lemond was a non-doper just because he says so or because he has the air of integrity. There's been no truth that deems Lemond so. I really don't care. I pedal for my own sake, not because of Lemond or Armstrong.

i guess its his name, i mean 'Greg Lemond!'...what were his parents thinking?? mind you I wouldnt worry about it...unless youre Greg Lemond...which i hope for your sake youre not as he's such a ****....man do hate that guy

The biggest problem with Greg Lemond is his whining. He whines about Trek and he whines about Lance Armstrong and other cyclists and accusing them all of doping. Even if it is true about the doping charges, the fact is that Greg Lemond most likely also doped. His miracle come back while he as anemic to blow away other cyclists who were found guilty of doping is enough to seriously question his claims of riding clean. In my opinion both Greg Lemond and Lance Armstrong are guilty of doping. I also feel that the USADA is guilty of unlawful tactics of threating people to testify in the absence of any real evidence.

Originally Posted by Tony Naples .

In the end the truth comes out. Lemond was a great racer. a man of integrity and honesty. I was disappointed to hear what he said about Lance many years ago, but now it seems Greg was on target and Lance ...well we all know the unfortunate truth now...
Greg was "a whiner" ...sure ...he carried Hinault up the mountain and Hinault paid him back with attacks..in the days when Americans' were perceived to be outsiders...Look at the 2012 tour..IMO, one of the better tours in the last few years..I don't hate Greg Lemond,....never did..his comments were confusing me sveeral years ago..NOW I under stand...Cycling seems as bad as figure skating...It is more brutal off the "ice/road" than it is in the field of competition.
Greg Lemond ... agreat NO DOPING RACER.. a man of integrity...Lance as Lemond predicted "will have no friends in the end" His several years ago prediction seems right on. What do you say to that old man who says "NEW TO CYCLING"?
Greg Lemond is not a man of integrity and honesty, but rather a small, petty former cyclist who feels threated by other cyclists. It is very likely that Greg Lemond is as guilty as he claims other cyclists are. Just how do you explain going from being anemic to blowing away other cyclists who were found guilty of doping? If it looks and smells like a doper, it probably is a doper. In Greg Lemond's case he is a former doper who likes to whine.