Re: Splenda trouble.

Alan S wrote:
> On 7 Nov 2005 19:46:30 -0800, "mrslang"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Alan S wrote:

> >> I'd be interested to see the source, with context and
> >> supporting references.

> >http://www.webmd.com/content/Article/107/108476.htm
> >
> >> I read recently that Elvis was seen in the Simpson desert.

> >jessica, oj, or homer?
> >
> >Sally

> Well, actually, the one in Oz. However - I accept the
> correction, although it would be difficult to be seen in a
> cultural desert. But then, it would be difficult to see this
> subject anyplace:)
>
> Interesting article. I tend to agree with this comment on
> page 2:
>
> '"One possible part of the explanation is that people who
> see they are beginning to gain weight may be more likely to
> switch from regular to diet soda," Fowler suggests. "But
> despite their switching, their weight may continue to grow
> for other reasons.

Actually, only one reason... more food on the plate.

> So diet soft-drink use is a marker for
> overweight and obesity."

Actually, here it would be a marker for those whose appetite is
stimulated by sweetness **and** an agent for stimulating that appetite
(aka hunger) compelling someone to put more food on the plate.

> Why? Nutrition expert Leslie Bonci, MPH, RD, puts it in a
> nutshell.
>
> "You have to look at what's on your plate, not just what's
> in your glass," Bonci tells WebMD.

Actually, you have to **weigh** what is on your plate even if there is
no nutritive value for what is in your glass. Visual estimates on food
amount tend to get skewed to underestimation when there is hunger.

For those who are interested in discussing these points further...

**All** participants of USENET are cordially invited to the following
on-line event that will take place this Thursday 11/10/05 (day after
tomorrow) from 6-7 pm Eastern Standard Time in Paradise:

http://tinyurl.com/cpayh

There will also likely be other invited guest experts participating to
field medical, diabetes, nutrition, diet, cooking questions (including
Jeff, Bob and Gary if they are able to overcome their fear of the light
that is Christ Jesus. This is unlikely because they were notably
absent from the 11/3/05 chat but one can always hope :).

For those who are put off by the signature, my advance apologies for
how God has reshaped me:

http://tinyurl.com/bgfqt

In Christ's love and service forevermore,

Andrew
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
Suggested Reading:
(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1D5217EA
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?W13A4250B
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

p.s. Cross-posting was done purposefully because of relevance.

"Bob (this one)" wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
>
> Oh, look. It's our old friend nospam6. Yet another handle among the
> several to evade all those killfiles. So urgent is his need to post
> something - anything - that he can't even keep his online identities
> straight.

Actually, an email address is **not** an alias. Google will testify
that the nospam6 email address has been around the block a few times
enough to prove your false witness.

> And look, he continues to obsess about the weight of food.

Truth is not an obsession.

> > Actually, you have to **weigh** what is on your plate even if there is
> > no nutritive value for what is in your glass. Visual estimates on food
> > amount tend to get skewed to underestimation when there is hunger.
> >
> > For those who are interested in discussing these points further...

> And look, he continues to obsess about his personal aggrandizement.

Discussion is not personal aggrandizement.

> > **All** participants of USENET are cordially invited to the following
> > on-line event that will take place this Thursday 11/10/05 (day after
> > tomorrow) from 6-7 pm Eastern Standard Time in Paradise:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/cpayh

> And obsessing about getting religion into his junk science.

Christ Jesus is not a religion.

> > There will also likely be other invited guest experts participating to
> > field medical, diabetes, nutrition, diet, cooking questions (including
> > Jeff, Bob and Gary if they are able to overcome their fear of the light
> > that is Christ Jesus.

> And obsessing in his lack of accurate discernment.

Prediction is not discernment.

> > This is unlikely because they were notably
> > absent from the 11/3/05 chat but one can always hope :).

> And look, still obsessing about His critics.

There is no need for worrying about God's critics because He will take
care of them.

> And still obsessing about his hyperreligiosity.

Being openly Christian is not hyperreligiosity.

> > For those who are put off by the signature, my advance apologies for
> > how God has reshaped me:

> And still obsessing about the terror of death.

Those who walk with Lord Jesus Christ have peace that passes all
understanding. Obsession, terror, and death have all been utterly
vanquished by Him.

> > http://tinyurl.com/bgfqt
> >
> > In Christ's love and service forevermore,
> >
> > Andrew
> > --
> > Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
> > Board-Certified Cardiologist

> And still obsessing about boasting about his credentials.

All the glory belongs to God, Whom I love with all my heart, soul, mind,
and strength :)

> > **
> > Suggested Reading:

> And still obsessing about his great cleverness.

All knowledge and wisdom come from God:

> > (1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1D5217EA
> > (2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?W13A4250B
> > (3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
> > (4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
> > (5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
> > (6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
> > (7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

> > p.s. Cross-posting was done purposefully because of relevance.

> And still obsessing about trying to embarrass people in other newsgroups.

All your shame and embarrassment come from your sins...

.... as do your obsessions:

> The Andrew Chung Action Figure now available...
> http://www.mcphee.com/items/11561.html
>
> And still and forever obsessing about proselytizing in the guise of
> talking about medicine.

It probably does seem like forever to you :)

> Poor, poor, twisted guy...
>
> Pastorio

That you are by your own words :)

Truth is simple:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P2264129A

The way to the truth is straight and narrow:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?A2642108A

You will remain in my prayers, dear Bob whom I love, in Christ's holy
name.

May you reject your pride and accept Him as your personal Lord and
Savior, someday, so that you too will have eternal life and the
fascinating riches of His everlasting kingdom.

Here's how:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

Please note that God truly made this special link describing that He is
the great "I am" and that His message is as simple as the number 2 which
is a number between 1 to 9 and reminds us of His 2 commandments, the 2
arms of the cross, the 2nd part of the Trinity, the 2 finger sign of the
Prince of Peace [who remains *V*ictorious over death and satan], and the
2PD-OMER Approach. Let it not ever be written that Christ did not make
His presence known here on Usenet :)

Also, note that Exodus 16:16 continues to remind us that 16 oz plus 16
oz makes 2 pounds, which is "a certain measure of weight," which is what
"omer" literally means in Hebrew.

Enter the 2PD-OMER Approach, which can "cure" metabolic syndrome (MetS)
thereby bringing this thread back on topic for these NGs :)

http://www.HeartMDPhD.com/wtloss.asp

http://www.HeartMDPhD.com/press.asp

You may hear me speak about the 2PD-OMER Approach in person and meet
others who have been using this WOE here:

http://www.TheHealthFair.com

You may also choose to have me speak to your group or organization about
the 2PD-OMER Approach in person for the usual and customary speaker's
fee of US$30,000.00 made as a tax-deductible contribution to
TheWellnessFoundation.com (it remains my choice to not profit personally
from the 2PD-OMER Approach):

http://www.TheWellnessFoundation.com

In the continued interest of bringing this thread back on-topic for all
NGs receiving this post...

**All** participants of USENET are cordially invited to the following
on-line event that will take place this Thursday (11/10/05) from 6-7 pm
EST in Paradise:

http://tinyurl.com/cpayh

There will also likely be other invited guest experts participating to
field medical/diabetes/nutrition/diet/cooking questions (including Jeff,
Bob and Gary if they are able to overcome their fear of the light that
is Christ Jesus. However this is unlikely since the failed to appear on
11/3/05 when invited. Still one can continue to hope :).

For those who are put off by the signature, my advance apologies for how
God has reshaped me:

http://tinyurl.com/bgfqt

In Christ's love and service forevermore,

Andrew
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
Suggested Reading:
(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1D5217EA
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?W13A4250B
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

Hey Bob (this one).
I rest my case. :) (As Bob pulls back his rod and hooks another one)
Paul

Paul Schilter wrote:
> Hey Bob (this one).
> I rest my case. :)

Actually, you do not have a case to rest.

> (As Bob pulls back his rod and hooks another one)

Bob is not the OP of this thread.

Vicki Beausoleil wrote:
> Paul Schilter wrote:
> >
> > Bob,
> > Congratulations, your post is the closest post I have read that defines
> > "trolling". I can just picture you in a boat with rod and reel waiting
> > for a strike from Dr. Chung. I mean some of your comments are like
> > chumming the water for fish. :) You've got to realize that you aren't
> > going to change the good doctor and if anything your post will just give
> > him more zeal. IMHO
> > Paul
> >

> snip
> deliberately xposted
>
> Chung started trolling these groups (you do realize Chung has
> crossposted this to 3 groups, don't you?) long before Bob started in on
> him.

Actually, the purposeful crossposting started this morning at 6:06 am
EST with Bob Pastorio responding angrily 6 hrs later.

> If he would have stayed in his own group, sci.med.cardiology, then
> all his **** would have stayed right there.

Actually, the OP resides in ASD:

http://tinyurl.com/784k2

> But, in his zeal to promote
> his 2PD ****, he started crossposting to ASD, MHD, ASDLC and others.

Actually, this thread originated from ASD and then SMC, ASDL, RFC (not
MHD) were purposefully added because it is on-topic for these other
NGs.

> Chung's the troll

Ouch. You may have at the other cheek.

Lord Christ teaches from Matthew 5:

11Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely
say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad,

because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they
persecuted the prophets who were before you.

You will be in my prayers, dear Vicki, whom I love, in Lord Christ's
[...]

thereby bringing this thread back on topic in these NGs :)

[...]

that is Christ Jesus. However this is unlikely since they failed to
appear on 11/3/05 when invited. Still one can continue to hope :).

For those who are put off by the signature, my advance apologies for
how God has reshaped me:

http://tinyurl.com/bgfqt

In Christ's love and service forevermore,

Andrew
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
Suggested Reading:
(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1D5217EA
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?W13A4250B
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

It seems to me I heard somewhere that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote in
article <[email protected]>:

>"Bob (this one)" wrote:

>> Oh, look. It's our old friend nospam6. Yet another handle among the
>> several to evade all those killfiles. So urgent is his need to post
>> something - anything - that he can't even keep his online identities
>> straight.

>Actually, an email address is **not** an alias. Google will testify
>that the nospam6 email address has been around the block a few times
>enough to prove your false witness.

Of course it's an alias; Webster says "alias" means "otherwise called"
or ""otherwise known as" so it is "an assumed name." How is nospam6 NOT
one of those? How long it's been used has nothing to do with what it
is.

He that is not truthful in small things should not be trusted to be
truthful in large things.
--
Don Kirkman

Don Kirkman wrote:
> It seems to me I heard somewhere that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote in
> article <[email protected]>:
>
> >"Bob (this one)" wrote:

> >> Oh, look. It's our old friend nospam6. Yet another handle among the
> >> several to evade all those killfiles. So urgent is his need to post
> >> something - anything - that he can't even keep his online identities
> >> straight.

> >Actually, an email address is **not** an alias. Google will testify
> >that the nospam6 email address has been around the block a few times
> >enough to prove your false witness.

> Of course it's an alias; Webster says "alias" means "otherwise called"
> or ""otherwise known as" so it is "an assumed name." How is nospam6 NOT
> one of those?

It is not an assumed name but remains part of an email address.

> How long it's been used has nothing to do with what it
> is.

It does reveal the falsity of Bob's claim about the newness of an email
address on top of the false premise that this email address is a
"handle:"

"Yet another handle among the several to evade all those killfiles."

> He that is not truthful in small things should not be trusted to be
> truthful in large things.
> --
> Don Kirkman

And so you will be judged by your own measure.

Nonetheless, it remains my choice not to judge you and so you will
remain in my prayers, dear Don, whom I love, in Lord Jesus' most
precious and holy name.

[...]

on-line event that will take place day after tomorrow or this Thursday
[...]

We had a serious bout with off topic e-mail just a few weeks back. Please take
this off topic discussion somewhere else.

Dan

dansawyeror wrote:
> We had a serious bout with off topic e-mail just a few weeks back.

This is USENET and not email.

> Please take
> this off topic discussion somewhere else.

Actually this remains on-topic here:

> > In the continued interest of bringing this thread back on-topic for all
> > NGs receiving this post...
> >
> > **All** participants of USENET are cordially invited to the following
> > on-line event that will take place this Thursday (11/10/05) from 6-7 pm
> > EST in Paradise:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/cpayh
> >
> > There will also likely be other invited guest experts participating to
> > field medical/diabetes/nutrition/diet/cooking questions (including Jeff,
> > Bob and Gary if they are able to overcome their fear of the light that
> > is Christ Jesus. However this is unlikely since the failed to appear on
> > 11/3/05 when invited. Still one can continue to hope :).
> >
> > For those who are put off by the signature, my advance apologies for how
> > God has reshaped me:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/bgfqt
> >
> > In Christ's love and service forevermore,
> >
> > Andrew
> > --
> > Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
> > Board-Certified Cardiologist
> >
> > **
> > Suggested Reading:
> > (1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1D5217EA
> > (2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?W13A4250B
> > (3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
> > (4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
> > (5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
> > (6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
> > (7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 17:01:50 -0800, Don Kirkman <[email protected]>
Huffed and Puffed the following into the madness of usenet:

>It seems to me I heard somewhere that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote in
>article <[email protected]>:
>
>>"Bob (this one)" wrote:

>>> Oh, look. It's our old friend nospam6. Yet another handle among the
>>> several to evade all those killfiles. So urgent is his need to post
>>> something - anything - that he can't even keep his online identities
>>> straight.

>>Actually, an email address is **not** an alias. Google will testify
>>that the nospam6 email address has been around the block a few times
>>enough to prove your false witness.

>Of course it's an alias; Webster says "alias" means "otherwise called"
>or ""otherwise known as" so it is "an assumed name." How is nospam6 NOT
>one of those? How long it's been used has nothing to do with what it
>is.
>
>He that is not truthful in small things should not be trusted to be
>truthful in large things.

of course it's an alias, it was put in the AUTHOR field when posted.
chung is nothing but a liar.

Vicki Beausoleil wrote:
> "Ma¢k" wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 17:01:50 -0800, Don Kirkman <[email protected]>
> > Huffed and Puffed the following into the madness of usenet:
> >
> > >It seems to me I heard somewhere that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote in

> > >Of course it's an alias; Webster says "alias" means "otherwise called"
> > >or ""otherwise known as" so it is "an assumed name." How is nospam6 NOT
> > >one of those? How long it's been used has nothing to do with what it
> > >is.
> > >
> > >He that is not truthful in small things should not be trusted to be
> > >truthful in large things.

> > of course it's an alias, it was put in the AUTHOR field when posted.
> > chung is nothing but a liar.

It remains my choice to continue to be truthful.

"I am the way, **the truth**, and the life..." says Lord Jesus Christ

> > Jesus never hated anyone.

Then why are you not answering the door when He knocks ??

> Yet another reason to keep the complaints flowing to Bellsouth.

Then my continued presence via BellSouth and Google will forever
glorify God bringing to bear irrefutable archived evidence of His
infinite power that neither BellSouth nor Google have been able to
overcome. May countless people from all over the world witness this
now and in the future, in Lord Jesus' most precious and holy name.

Isaiah 59:21

> Changing nicks to avoid killfiles is classic troll behaviour. As is crossposting.

Thankfully, the Google archives will show on which side of the truth
you reside.

In the continued interest of bringing this thread back on-topic for all
NGs receiving this post...

**All** participants of USENET are cordially invited to the following
on-line event that will take place tomorrow (11/10/05) from 6-7 pm EST

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> Vicki Beausoleil wrote:

<snip>

> > Chung's the troll

> Ouch. You may have at the other cheek.

<snip>

Dr. Chung, you really gotta tone down that persecution complex. Vicki
describes you as a 'troll' because that's the best description for what
you do on these NGs... and yes, that's my (and many other's opinion).

To be fair, Bob's post to you was obviously a 'counter-trolling'
post, so he's just trolling to your trolling.

Ernst Primer wrote:

> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> > Vicki Beausoleil wrote:

> <snip>
> > > Chung's the troll

> > Ouch. You may have at the other cheek.

> <snip>
>
> Dr. Chung, you really gotta tone down that persecution complex.

It remains my choice to continue to write truthfully.

> Vicki
> describes you as a 'troll' because that's the best description for what
> you do on these NGs... and yes, that's my (and many other's opinion).

Thankfully, Google serves well to testify on which side of the truth you
stand.

> To be fair, Bob's post to you was obviously a 'counter-trolling'
> post, so he's just trolling to your trolling.

Actually, Bob's behavior arise from his obsessions.

See for yourself tomorrow...

**All** participants of USENET are cordially invited to the following
on-line event that will take place tomorrow (11/10) from 6-7 pm EST in
Paradise:

http://tinyurl.com/cpayh

There will also likely be other invited guest experts participating to
field medical/diabetes/nutrition/diet/cooking questions (including Bob
and Gary if they are able to overcome their fear of the light that is
Christ Jesus. However, this is unlikely since they were no-shows last
week).

Cuz wrote:

> I think some of the people in this group obsess about Chung...

Find out why tomorrow...

[...]

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
In this interest of bringing this back to the meta-topic:
How is this Jesus junk remotely on topic for any of these groups?
Matthew wasn't LC.
Accepting His love has nothing to do with proper cardiology, diabetes,
low carbing or food in general. You can't eat it. You can't control
your blood sugar with it. You can't cook it. And you can't defibrulate
it.

You can however hold it in one hand and **** in the other. Get back to
us on which one fills up first.

> Ouch. You may have at the other cheek.
>
> Lord Christ teaches from Matthew 5:
>
> 11Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely
> say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad,
>
> because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they
> persecuted the prophets who were before you.
>
> You will be in my prayers, dear Vicki, whom I love, in Lord Christ's
> holy name.
>
> May you reject your pride and accept Him as your personal Lord and
> Savior, someday, so that you too will have eternal life and the
> fascinating riches of His everlasting kingdom.
>
> Here's how:
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129
>
> Please note that God truly made this special link describing that He is
> the great "I am" and that His message is as simple as the number 2
> which is a number between 1 to 9 and reminds us of His 2 commandments,
> the 2 arms of the cross, the 2nd part of the Trinity, the 2 finger sign
> of the Prince of Peace [who remains *V*ictorious over death and satan],
> and the 2PD-OMER Approach. Let it not ever be written that Christ did
> not make His presence known here on Usenet :)

This thing is why I think Chung is a little beyond the norm of people
who believe in Jesus. He believes that God is not only in the Internet,
but that he is making short links and webpages and posting to Usenet.
On top of that, he thinks God is shilling for his wacky two pounds
diet. When you've filled one of those hands I was talking about before
with two pounds, maybe you can eat that.

> Also, note that Exodus 16:16 continues to remind us that 16 oz plus 16
> oz makes 2 pounds, which is "a certain measure of weight," which is
> what "omer" literally means in Hebrew.

Exodus 16:16 reads as follows:
This is the thing which the LORD hath commanded, Gather of it every man
according to his eating, an omer for every man, according to the number
of your persons; take ye every man for them which are in his tents.

An omer is a measure of weight and of time (more frequently). At no
point is an omer of weight defined. His claim that this is 2 pounds is
artless and deceptive for the gullible. Shameless.

> Enter the 2PD-OMER Approach, which can "cure" metabolic syndrome (MetS)
> thereby bringing this thread back on topic in these NGs :)

Long way to get there. Why couldn't you start here, and work your magic
with the cult stuff left out. Maybe someone would take you seriously if
you junked the junk and just focused on the realities of why your goofy
diet works. I will suggest that it doesn't really work, which explains
your need to cover it with this mysticism. Submit it for real
scientific studies. Hell, put it on the Biggest Loser or Celebrity Fit
Club. Do something to put you ahead of even Ori the Warrior Diet guy,
cause right now, even he has more science and proof than you do.

> For those who are put off by the signature, my advance apologies for
> how God has reshaped me:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/bgfqt
>
> In Christ's love and service forevermore,

Vanity oh Vanity. Vain repetitions in JC's name. I'm sure he said
something about that once. It was so important, I think it was in TWO
gospels.

-Hollywood

In the absence of science, faith has to suffice. It may be enuf for the
quack chung but it ain't enuf for those of us that like to keep both
feet firmly planted on terra firma.

TC

[email protected] wrote:

> In this interest of bringing this back to the meta-topic:
> How is this Jesus junk remotely on topic for any of these groups?

The invitation remains on-topic.

> Matthew wasn't LC.

The invitation is not about Matthew.

> Accepting His love has nothing to do with proper cardiology, diabetes,
> low carbing or food in general. You can't eat it. You can't control
> your blood sugar with it. You can't cook it. And you can't defibrulate
> it.

The invitation remain on-topic.

> You can however hold it in one hand and **** in the other. Get back to
> us on which one fills up first.

You have the free will to reject this invitation.

> > Ouch. You may have at the other cheek.
> >
> > Lord Christ teaches from Matthew 5:
> >
> > 11Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely
> > say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad,
> >
> > because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they
> > persecuted the prophets who were before you.
> >
> > You will be in my prayers, dear Vicki, whom I love, in Lord Christ's
> > holy name.
> >
> > May you reject your pride and accept Him as your personal Lord and
> > Savior, someday, so that you too will have eternal life and the
> > fascinating riches of His everlasting kingdom.
> >
> > Here's how:
> >
> > http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129
> >
> > Please note that God truly made this special link describing that He is
> > the great "I am" and that His message is as simple as the number 2
> > which is a number between 1 to 9 and reminds us of His 2 commandments,
> > the 2 arms of the cross, the 2nd part of the Trinity, the 2 finger sign
> > of the Prince of Peace [who remains *V*ictorious over death and satan],
> > and the 2PD-OMER Approach. Let it not ever be written that Christ did
> > not make His presence known here on Usenet :)

> This thing is why I think Chung is a little beyond the norm of people
> who believe in Jesus. He believes that God is not only in the Internet,
> but that he is making short links and webpages and posting to Usenet.
> On top of that, he thinks God is shilling for his wacky two pounds
> diet. When you've filled one of those hands I was talking about before
> with two pounds, maybe you can eat that.

You may certainly claim that God is not omnipotent.

> > Also, note that Exodus 16:16 continues to remind us that 16 oz plus 16
> > oz makes 2 pounds, which is "a certain measure of weight," which is
> > what "omer" literally means in Hebrew.

> Exodus 16:16 reads as follows:
> This is the thing which the LORD hath commanded, Gather of it every man
> according to his eating, an omer for every man, according to the number
> of your persons; take ye every man for them which are in his tents.
>
> An omer is a measure of weight and of time (more frequently). At no
> point is an omer of weight defined. His claim that this is 2 pounds is
> artless and deceptive for the gullible. Shameless.

It has been empirically determined that an omer is 32 ounces (aka 2
lbs).

> > Enter the 2PD-OMER Approach, which can "cure" metabolic syndrome (MetS)
> > thereby bringing this thread back on topic in these NGs :)

> Long way to get there. Why couldn't you start here, and work your magic
> with the cult stuff left out. Maybe someone would take you seriously if
> you junked the junk and just focused on the realities of why your goofy
> diet works. I will suggest that it doesn't really work, which explains
> your need to cover it with this mysticism. Submit it for real
> scientific studies. Hell, put it on the Biggest Loser or Celebrity Fit
> Club. Do something to put you ahead of even Ori the Warrior Diet guy,
> cause right now, even he has more science and proof than you do.

Being openly Christian is not a cult.

> > For those who are put off by the signature, my advance apologies for
> > how God has reshaped me:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/bgfqt
> >
> > In Christ's love and service forevermore,

> Vanity oh Vanity. Vain repetitions in JC's name.

That which serves a purpose is not vain.

> I'm sure he said
> something about that once. It was so important, I think it was in TWO
> gospels.

Sorry my signature bothers you. Please forgive me for all my iniquities.
It remains my choice to continue to write truthfully.

We can chat about this tomorrow if you are interested...

TC wrote:

"In the absence of science, faith has to suffice."

The presence of science doesn't appear to be adequate to the task here
in the U.S. The state of Kansas' school board actually redefined
science to *include* faith yesterday!!!

pc

pinecone wrote:
> TC wrote:
>
> "In the absence of science, faith has to suffice."

Science is the search for the truth. In the absence of this search,
there is actually a lack of faith.

> The presence of science doesn't appear to be adequate to the task here
> in the U.S. The state of Kansas' school board actually redefined
> science to *include* faith yesterday!!!

Those who search for the truth actually have faith in its existence.

Would be more than happy to chat about this and other things that
interest you this evening from 6-7 pm EST:

http://tinyurl.com/cpayh

For those who are put off by the signature, my advance apologies for
how the Lord has reshaped me:

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> pinecone wrote:
> > TC wrote:
> >
> > "In the absence of science, faith has to suffice."

> Science is the search for the truth. In the absence of this search,
> there is actually a lack of faith.

Actually, science is merely a method of discovering how the
(material) world works. When it comes to explaining the truly important
things (and things that are largely off-topic for these groups), like
justice, morality, beauty, etc., science is pretty ineffective.

I guess science could be looked at as a "search for truth," but not
really the interesting truths, IMHO. Also, practicing science really
requires no faith whatsoever - other than faith that the metholology
being used is sound. Pure empiricists believe in nothing at all unless
it is observable. This is all basic Philosophy of Science 101.

<snip>