SUGAR-ITS EFFECTS ON THE BODY & MIND

Hurt Beyond Rep

Guest
This Christmas do your part to fight BIG EVIL GOVERNMENT, deny THEM your money; shop online and tax
free. Small local shops can go online too; maybe someone could set up a web site to swap purchases
just outside of tax jurisdictions. Hey! What a great idea! A kind of avoid TAX barter.

http://www.barter.com http://www.prosperityuk.com/prosperity/prosperity.html
http://www.bartersys.com

etc...

And now on to our main feature...

http://www.macrobiotics.co.uk/sugar.htm

SUGAR-ITS EFFECTS ON THE BODY & MIND

Of all the foods consumed today, refined sugar is considered to be one of the most harmful. ...In
1997 Americans devoured 7.3 billion pounds of candy. Americans spent an estimated $23.1 billion
dollars on candy and gum. The average American consumed a record 27.3 pounds of candy and gum in the
same year-the equivalent of about six regular sized chocolate bars a week-marking the fifth
consecutive year of increased demand. (1)

....Consumption of processed foods (which are laced with sugar) cost the American public more than
$54 billion in dental bills each year, so the dental industry reaps huge profits from the programmed
addiction of the public to sugar products. ...Today we have a nation that is addicted to sugar. In
1915, the national average of sugar consumption (per year) was around 15 to 20 pounds per person.
Today the average person consumes his/her weight in sugar, plus over 20 pounds of corn syrup.

To add more horrors to these facts there are some people that use no sweets and some who use much
less than the average figure, which means that there is a percentage of the population that consume
a great deal more refined sugar than their body weight. The human body cannot tolerate this large
amount of refined carbohydrates. The vital organs in the body are actually damaged by this gross
intake of sugar.

....Refined sugar contains no fiber, no minerals, no proteins, no fats, no enzymes, only empty
calories. What happens when you eat a refined carbohydrate like sugar? Your body must borrow vital
nutrients from healthy cells to metabolize the incomplete food. Calcium, sodium, potassium and
magnesium are taken from various parts of the body to make use of the sugar. Many times, so much
calcium is used to neutralize the effects of sugar that the bones become osteoporotic due to the
withdrawn calcium.

Likewise, the teeth are affected and they lose their components until decay occurs and hastens their
loss. ...Refined sugar is void of all nutrients, consequently it causes the body to deplete its own
stores of various vitamins, minerals and enzymes. If sugar consumption is continued, an over-acid
condition results, and more minerals are needed from deep in the body to correct the imbalance. If
the body is lacking the nutrients used to metabolize sugar, it will not be able to properly handle
and rid itself of the poisonous residues.

These wastes accumulate through the brain and nervous system, which speeds up cellular death. The
bloodstream becomes over-loaded with waste products and symptoms of carbonic poisoning result.

....Sugar also makes the blood very thick and sticky, inhibiting much of the blood flow into the
minute capillaries that supply our gums and teeth with vital nutrients. Therefore, we wind up with
diseased gums and starving teeth. America and England, the two largest sugar consumers, have
horrendous dental problems.

....In 1948, a $57,000 ten-year study was awarded to Harvard University by the Sugar Research
Foundation to find out how sugar causes cavities in teeth and how to prevent it. In 1958, Time
magazine reported the findings, which were reported in the Dental Association Journal. They
discovered there was no way to prevent the problem and their funding immediately disappeared.

...."The most significant human study was done in Sweden, reported in 1954, and known as the
Vipeholm Dental Caries Study. More than 400 adult mental patients were placed on controlled diets
and observed for five years. The subjects were divided into various groups. Some ate complex and
simple carbohydrates at mealtimes only, while other supplemented mealtime food with
between-meal-snacks, sweetened with sucrose, chocolate, caramel, or toffee.

Among the conclusions drawn from the study, was that sucrose consumption could increase caries
activity. The risk increased if the sucrose was consumed in a sticky form that adhered to the
tooth's surfaces. The greatest damage was inflicted by foods with high concentrations of sucrose, in
sticky form, eaten between meals, even if contact with the tooth's surfaces was brief. Caries, due
to the intake of foods with high sucrose levels, could be decreased when such offending foods were
eliminated from the diet.

But individual differences existed, and in some cases, caries continued to appear despite avoidance
of refined sugar or maximum restriction of natural sugars and total dietary carbohydrates." (2)

....Diabetes is another commonly known disease caused by sugar as well as a high fat diet. Diabetes
is caused by the failure of the pancreas to produce adequate insulin when the blood sugar rises. A
concentrated amount of sugar introduced into the system sends the body into shock from the rapid
rise in the blood sugar level. The pancreas eventually wears out from overwork and diabetes then
rears its ugly head.

....Hypoglycemia occurs when the pancreas overreacts to the large amount of sugar in the blood and
releases too much insulin leaving one with the "tired" feeling as the blood sugar level becomes
lower than it should be.

"A recent article in the British Medical Journal, entitled The Sweet Road to Gallstones, reported
that refined sugar may be one of the major dietary risk factors in gallstone disease. Gallstones are
composed of fats and calcium. Sugar can upset all of the minerals, and one of the minerals, calcium,
can become toxic or nonfunctioning, depositing itself anywhere in the body, including the
gallbladder.

...."One out of ten Americans has gallstones. This risk increases to one out of every five after age
forty. Gallstones may go unnoticed or may cause pain-wrenching pain. Other symptoms might include
bloating, belching, and intolerance to foods." (3) ...Another serious problem with sugar that is now
coming to the forefront is the various levels of mental problems. Our brains are very sensitive and
react to quick chemical changes within the body. As sugar is consumed, our cells are robbed of their
B vitamin, which destroys them, and insulin production is inhibited. Low insulin production means a
high sugar (glucose) level in the bloodstream, which can lead to a confused mental state or unsound
mind, and has also been linked with juvenile criminal behavior. Dr. Alexander G. Schauss, brings
this solemn fact out in his book, Diet, Crime and Delinquency. Many mental ward and prison inmates
are "sugarholics" and erratic emotional outbreaks often follow a sugar binge.

REFINED SUGAR-A DRUG?

....Refined sugar, by some, is called a drug, because in the refining process everything of food
value has been removed except the carbohydrates-pure calories, without vitamins, minerals, proteins,
fats, enzymes or any of the other elements that make up food. Many nutrition experts say that white
sugar is extremely harmful, possibly as harmful as a drug, especially in the quantities consumed by
the present-day American.

....Dr. David Reuben, author of Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Nutrition says, "…white
refined sugar-is not a food. It is a pure chemical extracted from plant sources, purer in fact than
cocaine, which it resembles in many ways. Its true name is sucrose and its chemical formula is
C12H22O11.

It has 12 carbon atoms, 22 hydrogen atoms, 11 oxygen atoms, and absolutely nothing else to offer."
...The chemical formula for cocaine is C17H21NO4. Sugar's formula again is C12H22O11. For all
practical purposes, the difference is that sugar is missing the "N", or nitrogen atom. ...Refining
means to make "pure" by a process of extraction or separation. Sugars are refined by taking a
natural food, which contains a high percentage of sugar, and then removing all elements of that food
until only the sugar remains. ...While sugar is commonly made from sugar cane or sugar beets.

Through heating and mechanical and chemical processing, all vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats,
enzymes and indeed every nutrient is removed until only the sugar remains. Sugar cane and sugar
beets are first harvested and then chopped into small pieces, squeezing out the juice, which is then
mixed with water. This liquid is then heated, and lime is added. Moisture is boiled away, and the
remaining fluid is pumped into vacuum pans to concentrate the juice. By this time, the liquid is
starting to crystallize, and is ready to be placed into a centrifuge machine where any remaining
residues (like molasses) are spun away. The crystals are then dissolved by heating to the boiling
point and passed through charcoal filters.

After the crystals condense, they are bleached snow-white usually by the use of pork or cattle
bones. ...During the refining process, 64 food elements are destroyed. All the potassium, magnesium,
calcium, iron, manganese, phosphate, and sulfate are removed. The A, D, and B, vitamins are
destroyed. Amino acids, vital enzymes, unsaturated fats, and all fiber are gone. To a lesser or
greater degree, all refined sweeteners such as corn syrup, maple syrup, etc., undergo similar
destructive processes. Molasses is the chemical and deranged nutrients that is a byproduct of sugar
manufacture. ...Sugar manufacturers are aggressive in defending their product and have a strong
political lobby which allows them to continue selling a deadly food item that by all reason should
not be allowed in the American diet. ...If you have any doubts as to the detriments of sugar
(sucrose), try leaving it out of your diet for several weeks and see if it makes a difference! You
may also notice you have acquired an addiction and experience some withdrawal symptoms. ...Studies
show that "sugar" is just as habit-forming as any narcotic; and its use, misuse, and abuse is our
nation's number one disaster.

It is no wonder when we consider all the products we consume daily which are loaded with sugar! The
average healthy digestive system can digest and eliminate from two to four teaspoons of sugar daily,
usually without noticeable problems, (that is if damage is not already present). One 12 oz. Cola
contains 11 teaspoons of sugar, and that's aside from the caffeine. It's the sugar that gives you
quick energy, but only for a brief time due to the rise of the blood sugar level. But the body
quickly releases a rush of insulin, which rapidly lowers the blood sugar and causes a significant
drop in energy and endurance. It is easy to see why America's health is in serious trouble.

EFFECT OF SUGAR ON NEUROLOGICAL PROCESSES ...One of the keys to orderly brain function is glutamic
acid, and this compound is found in many vegetables. When sugar is consumed, the bacteria in the
intestines, which manufacture B vitamin complexes, begin to die-these bacteria normally thrive in a
symbiotic relationship with the human body. When the B vitamin complex level declines, the glutamic
acid (normally transformed into "go" "no-go" directive neural enzymes by the B vitamins) is not
processed and sleepiness occurs, as well as a decreased ability for short-term memory function and
numerical calculative abilities. The removal of B vitamins when foods are "processed" makes the
situation even more tenuous.

WHAT ABOUT GUM CHEWING? ...Besides the sugar in gum being damaging to the teeth there is another
harmful problem to consider and that is: "teeth and jaws weren't designed for more than a few
minutes of solid chewing per day-far less than the two hours clocked in daily by hardcore gum
chewers. All this chewing results in inordinate wear on the jawbone, gum tissue and lower molars,
and can change the alignment of the jaws" says Michael Elsohn, D.D.S., in the Medical Tribune.

ENDNOTES: (1) U.S. Commerce Department figures compiled for the National Confectioners Association
(NCA) and the Chocolate Manufacturers Association. (Reuters, 8/21/98) (2) Beatrice Trum Humter, The
Sugar Trap & How to Avoid It, (Houghton Mifflin Co.,
1982), p.15. (3) Nancy Appleton, Ph.D., Lick The Sugar Habit, (Warner Books, N.Y., 1985)
pp. 73,74. .

[email protected] (Hurt Beyond Repair) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> This Christmas do your part to fight BIG EVIL GOVERNMENT, deny THEM your money; shop online and
> tax free.

snip obvious baitings, spam, and gross errors....hmmmmm...nothing left.

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 20:25:59 -0000, Rich Andrews <[email protected]>
wrote:

>[email protected] (Hurt Beyond Repair) wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> This Christmas do your part to fight BIG EVIL GOVERNMENT, deny THEM your money; shop online and
>> tax free.
>
>snip obvious baitings, spam, and gross errors....hmmmmm...nothing left.

Hope all roads are tax financed :) Then road repairs and building will get to a hold and decay
rapidly so CO2 problems could be solved that way.

Indeed a very good idea to stop letting the government (state and US) get their money so environment
could be better because cars driving get to a hold because all roads are gone in a few years.