or Connect

Posts by MeMyselfAndI

Quote: Originally Posted by Alex Simmons Why are they put off? Cycling is in many ways a social sport. It helps to work within a team, you can train together and get results together (as well as learn together). Otherwise, find a good racing club to join. Enter plenty of races and learn through doing. Get a coach. Be prepared to ride lots but learn about how to train effectively. Make sure you do plenty of work on your skills. I'm not exactly...
Thanks. I did just that.
I was hoping to find some guidance on what to do in preparation for road racing. I don't know if it matters but I am female. I have been riding about a year and a half now and now have an opportunity to race with my university. I would love to talk with some of you 'out there' who have experience racing and wouldn't mind sharing some of your insight. Unfortunately most of the racers I have met here men and women alike have been put off by me I guess so I never ask them...
I was hoping to find some guidance on what to do in preparation for road racing. I have been riding about a year and a half now and now have an opportunity to race with my university. I would love to talk with some of you 'out there' who have experience racing and wouldn't mind sharing some of your insight. Unfortunately most of the racers I have met here men and women alike have been put off by me I guess so I never ask them about the sport. I'm discovering that cycling...