or Connect

Posts by blackburst@aol.com

Nancy Young wrote: > wrote > > > You could do the same thing at home, by cooking up a large batch yourself > > and then portioning them out into individual servings then freezing them. > > Toss a frozen portion into the pan along with your cooking hamburger and > > there ya go! > > I do the same thing with onions and mushrooms during the summer > when steaks and burgers rule the grill. Just saute a mess of them > and use them up over the next few days....
Dan Abel wrote: > > Is there any simple way to soften peppers and keep full taste??? > > How do you cook your hamburgers? If you fry them in a pan, then I would > suggest cooking the peppers with them. > > This is not rocket science, but it requires some experience. We are > talking trial and error here. The variables are cooking time and size > of pieces. You will probably need to put the peppers in first, after > heating the pan and adding oil. After they have...
Make a roux with 3-4 tbs butter, 3-4 tbs flour. Add I can chicken broth, I level tablespoon chicken boullion, pepper to taste. Add cooked chicken slices. Combine with cooked pasta. I prefer radiatore. because it holds the sauce better.
E Jones wrote: > I'm looking for a recipe for old-fashioned chicken and noodles, cooked in a > stock pot on top of the stove. > > I've searched the web, and found chicken-noodle casseroles (baked), > chicken-noodle soup, some crock pot recipes, but nothing for the dish I am > looking for, a thick, creamy base with cooked chicken and egg noodles, to > serve with/over hot biscuits and/or mashed potatoes. I specialize in my own version of this! Make a roux with about 3-4...
Doug Kanter wrote: > What methods have you tried for softening peppers. Be specific about heat > levels. I've tried sauteing them, in butter in a frying pan on medium high heat. I also tried boiling them or just soaking in water, but it seems to kill the taste.
Burry's Gaucho cookies Betty Crocker Noodles Almondine Borden's Swiss (chocolate drink) Weaver Chicken Roll Post Oat Flakes (cereal)
I love to have bell peppers with my hamburgers. I prefer them kinda soft: nice taste but "transparent" consistency. For a while, I got "Maid Rite" frozen pepper steaks, but I don't know how long they've been frozen, they look icky, and the burger part is unsatisfying. The obvious choice is to get fresh peppers, chop and saute them but it seems to take forever to get them soft. And I ofeten end up burning them. I tried Pastene chopped peppers in a jar, but they didn't...
Looking for a sure-fire method for great garlic bread. What do you use? Chopped garlic? Garlic powder or garlic salt? Garlic butter? How do you cook it so that it browns and hardens correctly?
For those in the northeast US, the Sunbeam Bread area: For decades, Sunbeam was advertised as "batter-whipped". It DID had a smoother texture than most white breads, and, as the TV commercials showed, if you ripped it vertically, it would rip in a straight line, unlike other breads. I just noticed that it no longer has this smooth texture, and a check of the label shows that it is no longer billed as "batter-whipped". Does anybody know when this change took place, or if...
In a recent thread on meatloaf, I noted that it often tastes better on sandwiches the next day, and that I would reheat it by frying it in its own fat or with a touch of butter. So this morning for breakfast, I had refried meatloaf and eggs. It occurred to me that I often eat "nighttime food" for breakfast: Pasta and meatballs, all manner of casseroles, grilled cheese and roast beef sandwich, hamburgers, etc etc. Is there anything wrong with eating this stuff for...