or Connect

Posts by brightgarden

*sigh* people will be people when they do dumb things like follow fads for the wrong reasons. and other people will be people when they try to make their fellows feel ashamed for being "caught" between a good intention and a bad impression. and some of us take this stuff personally, and some of us don't. but the good thing is it raises money for a good cause, and what does it really matter if people are people and are thus wise or foolish about it? "it may be tainted money...
Quote: Originally Posted by Telegram Sam How'd you get those in Virginia?? Just wondering, both breweries are within a few hours of pedaling (or a few minustes in a car lol) from where I live- I ride to the bear all the time (AV is up a big windy hill with no shoulder)... ah, well, it helps to have dated a beer guy (and man was he ever attractive, but i'm sure the beer didn't have THAT much to do with it, ok, maybe some). but somehow or other they are here (and...
wow, i'm glad the forum is still as happy as ever. 'though i'm on the wagon for a couple more weeks, i can't wait to pop open a nice cold 22oz bottle of Racer 5 (in my opinion the best ipa i've ever tasted)--much better on draft. although anderson valley ipa is terribly good too. and if beer is a good antioxidant, it certainly tastes better than a vitamin e pill. but i am a corrupter....moved into a house of beer haters and now they all drink beer... hefeweisen, belgium...
Quote: Originally posted by Sparky511 And rather embarassing. But..... I have a century ride this weekend, and I have a gut feeling that I will end up getting my monthly either that day or before. (UGH!!!!) I know usually when I am "having my monthly" I get headaches and bad cramps. Do you think that will effect my performance on the bike? Should I avoid taking anything for pain, say if I have it on the day of my ride? No. I was on mine the last century,...
I take it that road is not pedestrian-friendly either. Personally (and I am a wimp), I would drive to a starting point, which I did for a year and a half when I lived a really long ways away. I'd look into having the county post a sign on the road for you ("bikers" or something like that)--I've actually seen this sign around, I keep thinking it's somewhere in Fairfax County, but can't recall just now except it was on a two-lane road I would probably NEVER dream of biking...
Ahhhhh..... ok. thanks!
I noticed recently on a shared computer that when I logged in, I stayed logged in. I had to change my profile to get myself "logged out"--so now, on my main computer, it's a pain because I have to log back in almost every time I come to the forums. I could change my profile back again, but I'd feel better if I had a logout button or something for times when I'm on a shared computer....
Pain in knee ... You may want to get it checked out. Just a small testimonial. I did post above my "theory" of my thighs eventually getting smaller. Well, they did, and quite suddenly this weekend. I knew they would, but I never bothered to notice before how it happened. Saturday, I went on a 4hour 30 min endurance ride (60 miles), which was just about what I could do. Today, I'm wearing a pair of pants, that last week, were snug around my waist, and tight around my...
i thought the same thing for my first two rides. i realized that i still had the instinctive toe-down first move carried over from the old toe-clip days that was compatible with double-sided pedals, but with the single-sided ones, i keep ending up on the wrong side. but now, i clip in smoothly about 60% of the time. i noticed that if i just tried to partially pedal to halfway cross a street (purposely trying not to clip in), i often DID clip in. but if i tried to clip in,...
Quote: Originally posted by Cambo Do you guys wear underwear with bike shorts, or do you "free ball" as I like to say? is this a boys-only poll? do you care if the girls are wearing undies?