or Connect

Posts by rxter

Those hybrids are heavy...   Just a lucky guess Don :)    
FWIW I got the sq-lab 611 active.  Not perfect to be sure, but I can ride for a couple of hours now with no real stress on that end.  My left foot still looses circulation, but I think that's down to the shoes and clips at this point.  Overall I'm happy with the seat.  A little pricey and a bit heavy, but it is working for me.   Fit, fit, fit - no magic with saddles.  Just keep trying them until you find one that works.  Alienator's recommendation regarding the...
Clearly Don has evolved such that his foot bones have been replaced by a single 4" long stump that fits in the crank.  Grease it up and go.   I don't need no stinking shoes...
Thanks for the thoughts.  Likely that I need to mix things up a bit to keep gaining.   I'm an old guy working for the fun and fitness of it, not to win any real race (only the race in my head).  But I am very goal oriented and so I like to keep setting and achieving targets.  My first target was a 50mile charity ride in April.  I am pretty confident that I'll do this as long as no-one runs me over (I'm not a big fan of pack riding so I'll likely hang out near the...
+1 on the lights.  2 in front and 2 in the rear.  Helmet-mounted works great because it provides some separation from the bike mounted light that makes you look larger.  Also helmet-mounted is higher, and you can stare people down with a bright white light.  You can get bar end lights as well.  They also provide some spacing to the light system.   Hardest part is side lighting, which is really important for working traffic.  Cars just don't see us when they are...
Great posts gents.  I am getting pretty fit now after 5 months on the saddle.  On my long ride days I've done 75 miles in the flats and 50 in rolling hills at around 15 and 13.5 mph, respectively.  I hit the street every morning.  My week usually looks like this   1) mixed small hills and flats - 75 minutes 2) flats as fast as I can go - 75 minutes 3) mixed small hills and flats - 75 minutes 4) bigger hills  - 75 minutes 5) lazy garbage ride (looking at the...
Holy smokes grandam - surprised all that made it through the auto-sensor thing.   Nazi is a word that conjures up a lot of bad thoughts and images for folks and using it comes with some level of risk.   I'm mostly interested in how you got the nickname?  No bike for you??
Understood.  My kid attends AU so I've been to Tuscon enough to know you speak the truth.   "I have great headlights and lights on my saddlebag, barends and helmet. I also use ankle reflectors.There is no doubt I am more visible at night than during the day."   I look like a christmas tree.  I saw a guy with the drop lights the other day - during the day.  And he was highly visible.  The separation of the bars really made a difference from teh lone blinking light...
I ride alone because no-one else else is riding at 5 AM when I am.  On my long weekend rides I might hook up with another loner for a while but it never lasts - must be my breath ;)
what year is your 720?  I have a '98 that I've had since new and only changed the tires/tubes, the front wheel, brake pads and the rear grip shift.  I still really like the grip shift.  Oh, and I changed out the post and seat.  I got it with the integrated shock absorber - what a piece of crap that was - and heavy too.  I still ride in on foggy/rainy days.