or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by darkboong

Quote: Originally Posted by Carrera Physicists such as Saharov borrowed a good deal from Einstein. Einstein borrowed a good deal from Niels Bohr. The sharing of ideas is built into the very fabric of Scientific process. "If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton - who came up with Gravitation. Quote: Originally Posted by Carrera As Einstein was the father of nuclear physics, Israel of all nations is...
Quote: Originally Posted by BillM Ok....did you mention the 8 Israelis that were killed in the same operation that resulted in those two soldiers being kidnapped? They did. Maybe you didn't bother to read the articles properly. Quote: Originally Posted by BillM Assuming what you say is true.... It is true. Whether it reflects the reality of the situation is another, but it was widely reported that the soldiers were captured in...
Quote: Originally Posted by BillM The difference being....if Israel were to be invaded.....the IDF wouldn't take up defensive positions in schools, churches and hospitals. If/Buts/Maybes... The IDF would. Any army worth it's salt would, particularly if the opposition is *attacking* the schools, churches and hospitals as the IDF do. Clearly you have seen the pictures of the hospitals they've attacked, the ambulances they've attacked and the schools they have...
Quote: Originally Posted by BillM Hezbollah didn't suddenly get morals. I'm not making any call on that issue whatsoever. The point of the summary is to list the events that lead up to the breakdown of the ceasefire... With all due respect BillM : Ehud Olmert, Dan Halutz, Amir Peretz and Nasrallah all agreed that the two IDF troops were captured on the Lebanese side of the border. The Israelis changed their story without any explaination some days after the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Scotty_Dog Between lengthy production delays, a sales slump, and an investigation of the top executives selling off their own shares of the company, the outlook for Airbus seems questionable at best. http://investmentsmagazine.com/manag...p?C=60&A=17306 http://www.thestreet.com/_msn/commen...0292003_2.html It seems there are also structural issues with the fuselage: http://www.compositesnews.com/cni.asp?articleID=11515 Pity...
Quote: Originally Posted by Carrera O.K. a new thread to liven things up. Are people aware the U.K. would be knackered over defence without the U.S. military which explains all these debates over foreign policy. How come we were left so far behind? In actual fact, in a sense, we couldn't go to war without permission from the U.S. Senate as we don't have the capacity. Comments? I've made this point before Crappy. My conclusion was : We shouldn't bother buying...
Quote: Originally Posted by Carrera What are you so scared of? I am sacred of deluded bigots exploiting the echo-chamber effect of blogs & message boards to promote violence and terror. As for the ridiculous sporting analogy : When you play 45+ minutes of Rugby on a cracked kneecap as a #6, then run 15 miles of cross country in the Penines (and come 3rd in the second to last race) then I'll give you some credence. At the end of the day that won't make one jot...
Quote: Originally Posted by Carrera Sounds like the usual cut and run tactics to me. It's easier to delete the post than stand ground and face the argument. You don't present much of an argument to "face" Crappy, mainly because you rarely present credible evidence or even bother to name your sources. When you can present an argument backed by credible evidence that is on topic we'll give you credit for it. In the meantime your deluded ravings will be treated...
Quote: Originally Posted by Carrera The Vietnam disaster was a bit of a myth. The politicians lost the war not the military. Says who ? I'll tell you who : The politicians.
Update to the scoresheet ... August 13th Ceasefire commences. Two hours later an IDF patrol kills 3 militants (or so they claim) August 19th IDF conducts a "commando" raid near Baalbek (60 miles from the Blue Line). IDF conducts airstrikes in the area. August 21st IDF claims that it shot dead 3 suspected Hezbollah fighters in south Lebanon. August 22nd "An Israeli soldier was killed and three others wounded when their tank hit an Israeli-laid mine in southern Lebanon...
New Posts  All Forums: