or Connect

Posts by darkboong

Quote: Originally Posted by Carrera The U.S. could have taken, say, Vietnam at any time. Seriously. The limitations were only set by diplomacy - the risk of war with the Soviets. What utter tosh. The limitations were on man-power and cash. There is absolutely no evidence that public opinion had any sway whatsoever, the US forces bailed out because they were getting swamped by the NVA and the costs were unsustainable.
Quote: Originally Posted by Carrera Israel needs it's own version of Vladimir Putin, I think. Under Yeltsin, little progress was made in the Chechnyan war. Yeltsin *started* the --ing war in the first place. Quote: Originally Posted by Carrera The Russians did it all wrong and tried to fight Chechnyan militants house to house and they lost a lot of conscripts. They *have* to do that in order to kill them, and in doing so they hurt and anger the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Carrera It took some 2 years but Chechnya is no longer a terrorist state and a threat to Moscow. Realistically speaking Chechnya was never a threat to Russia, terrorist or otherwise. The vast majority of the fighting occurred on Chechnyan turf because the Russian army effectively *invaded* Chechnya. Given the vast imbalance of casualities it is clear that Russia is more of a threat to Chechnya than the other way around. The same...
Quote: Originally Posted by BillM Yeah....you guys are good at spinning. I am pretty awful at it to be honest, I just post reports with sources, and when I am wrong I say so. Spinners (like yourself) never admit they are wrong, they just pretend the world revolves around them.. Quote: Originally Posted by BillM Israels goal was to create a buffer zone and push Hezbollah back far enough to nearly eliminate the rocket attacks. IF that is the case how...
Quote: Originally Posted by BillM The insanity is running rampant in this thread. Lebanon has been bombed back into the dark ages. Hezbollah...while intact....is in tatters. Well, if that means that you don't endorse further strikes on Israel so be it. OTOH, here in the real world, Hezbollah are still very much alive. Quote: Originally Posted by BillM Israel is going home to a normal life while "Hezbollah" will be cooking over a campfire and...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2FAST4U Ok...you can think whatever you want...Your fact is misrepresented. I don't think they were looking for quick victory so much as exposing hezbozo's for what they are. The stated aims (as declared by Olmert) were (roughly in chronological order) : 1) Recover the two soldiers. 2) Prevent Hezbollah firing artillery into Israel (note : This occurred after the IDF had attacked Lebanese civillians some 80 miles away from the...
Just keeping score... The "provocations" (as the apologists for Israel would call them) so far are : August 13th Ceasefire commences. Two hours later an IDF patrol kills 3 militants (or so they claim) August 19th IDF conducts a "commando" raid near Baalbek (60 miles from the Blue Line). IDF conducts airstrikes in the area. August 21st IDF claims that it shot dead 3 suspected Hezbollah fighters in south Lebanon. All sourced from the BBC which in turn sourced them from...
Quote: Originally Posted by Carrera It gets worse. Men who weren't "fruitfull" were taken hostage by the women and publically humiliated by them. Likewise, women had to take all their clothes off once a year so the men could see them in their true form, as it were. The idea behind that was to encourage the women to look good and not get plump. Sounds a lot like the "Joy Division" tbh.
Quote: Originally Posted by Carrera My theory has always been that multiculturalism is the biggest threat we ever faced It's a Hypothesis until you can prove it Crappy. Someone who claims to have studied at University should know the difference. So far you haven't even offered one shred of evidence that has stood up to cursory peer review yet, so you don't even have a viable Hypothesis.
Quote: Originally Posted by Carrera To date, virtually every terrorist involved in these suicide missions has been Middle Eastern so we have to racially profile. We don't *have* to do anything Crappy. However, if we *do* implement racial profiling the smarter terrorists will piss all over it by finding bombers who don't fit the profile. Racial profiling would not have stopped Luis Posada Carriles or McVeigh. The same principle applies in your local...