or Connect

Posts by jaguar75

Hello folks, been a while since I have been on the ole Cycling Forums...Took a hiatus from riding, started working too much, gained alot of weight, got married...blah blah blah....Well, decided that enough was enough, orderd my new 2013 TREK FX 7.6 and just picked it up. NEED to get back in the saddle again and rode it the first time this morning....uggg, I forgot about the painfull process of getting it setup just right...ohh yeah and getting my ass used to the seat...
Funny, after reading most of these posts, how misinformed most of the world public is. I am actually on a platform in the Gulf of Mexico as I type. When I first joined this industry I was as disillusioned as some of you are, but let me tell you folks, the misconception that the folks that work in this industry are big overweight tabacco spitting rednecks, and the platforms are huge rusbuckets just spewing raw crude into the water is GROSSLY wrong. You could eat off the...
Quote: Originally Posted by EmPat So between the Madden game on ps2 and ESPN I have developed an interest in American Football. My problem is I haven't grown up watching it so don't understande the nuances of the game. For instance: Redskins vs Patriots. The whole running up the score debate. Whats the problem? If the All Blacks play rugby they keep trying to score until the final whistle sounds (unless we are playing France in a world cup). Same with the...
Well, I did not have to try to hard...I got her a bike and she started pedaling with me and I think the sensation of freedom got her but I am not quite convinced that it has truly got hold. Yesterday we were taking care of my niece and nephew and I suggested that we ride independantly so we could take turns watching the kids and she did not even hesitate...she was out the door before I could say, I'll go first.
I have been riding for several years and I am slowly introducing my fiancee to it and she really seems to enjoy it. I do not want to scare her off with too much "training" but would love her to progress to the point where she is comfortable riding by herself. My enjoyment in cycling has always been just pedaling out miles and getting my quality time. I am a very strong personality and I can be somewhat frustrating to deal with at times and sometimes forget the fragility...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wurm "...a majority of the Britons questions described Americans as uncaring, divided by class, awash in violent crime, vulgar, preoccupied with money, ignorant of the outside world, racially divided, uncultured and in the most overwhelming result (90 percent of respondents) dominated by big business." Link "Uncaring" I think that there are is a pretty good percentage of people in this country that only think of themselves. ...
I think a better title for this thread is "what degree's do you have and have you ever or do you still use them?"
Quote: Originally Posted by MountainPro This happened to me 3 weeks ago. My brother was working in England for a few weeks and we are looking after his dog. I was out walking it one Friday morning along a pavement on the way to some fields when the dog went sniffing under a hedge. I looked in and noticed there was a dead dog in there, just recently died either today or yesterday. Looks like it was hit by a car judging by the damage to the legs and the way the...
It is funny how in this day and age no one can achieve anything of any notoriety and and have it just be so. Everyone asks: Where are the drugs, Where is the money, Who do they know...etc. I for one am clinging to the fact that Lance is Truely Genuine in both his accomplishments and his sincerity and I have seen NOTHING to the contrary despite numerous efforts to dis-credit him. Surely, Pro, not everything is a conspriacy?
It is funny that you bring this up. I was thinking about my father's funeral the other day myself and remember the hundreds of people that came through to pay their respects. We had to delay the burial because people just kept coming. Sometimes people feel very insignificant and un-influential in their lives and often say or joke that if they die they would be forgotten in ten years. Very few people ever fully know the impact they have on other peoples lives and to...