or Connect

Posts by sopas

Quote: Originally Posted by limerickman Vino might feature too. Wimbledon final, Germany V Argentina and TDF Prologue, all on TV today! We're spoiled. Spaniard Nadal will play the Wimbledon final, Spain will play Paraguay for a place in the World Cup Semi-finals. Spaniard Contador has a good chance to win the Tour of France. It seems July could be a great month for Spain's sports.
Quote: Originally Posted by limerickman I remember when his son was born! He's 14 already. Life is flying by. It will be interesting to see how he fares. I hope that he inherits his father genes and not his uncle Prudencio's cycling genes! I think that inheriting his father genes alone would not be enough to make him a champion. I personally doubt the boy will ever be Champ. He may reach the professional ranks however and be another Axel Merckx. I say this...
Here is a recent photo of Miguel Indurain training with his 14 year-old son. http://estaticos01.marca.com/imagene...rtadilla_0.jpg And here is the news form MARCA Marca.com
I think Contador will be the strongest rider, however that is not guarantee of victory. Lance Armstrong is a very dangerous opponent, if he is in better shape than last year, even is Contador is still the stronger man, Lance may try a long crazy breakaway (Hinault Style) he has the team to control the race. Last year he didnt do it becuase Contador was a teamate but this year is all different. My opinion. How would Contador respond to an attack like Z├╝lle did to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrija I thought that my remark won't confuse anyone who follows cycling. I was wrong obviously. To avoid confusion this time, I'll elaborate. After Giro and slower times on Zoncolan and Corones, which cycling world treated as indicator of change in cycling, I wanted to see if the trend is continuing. I know that time on d' Huez in Dauphine isn't the best way to make conclusion, since there is still a month to their peak form, but 5...
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrija Contador and Brajkovic climbed d' Huez in, about, 43 minutes. 43 minutes is actually slow by today's standards. In the TdF they do it in less than 40 minutes. The record being in Pantani's hands 37'' 36'. Fausto Coppi did it in 45 minutes back in 1952!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://estaticos03.marca.com/imagene...75755813_1.jpg Right here: Miguel Indurian Tackles Tri in Madrid | Triathlon.org - International Triathlon Union
Quote: Originally Posted by Eldrack Ok, so the data I've seen on the gruber assist (the motor they're talking about) is that it can give you an extra 200 watts for 2 hours. Which is huge. With that power even a moderately fit cyclist could TT with the professionals or destroy them on a climb. As for whether or not this is being used by the pro's, well I wouldn't put it past them. Maybe a slightly toned down version that's lighter (i.e less battery pack) and...
I think the difference between doping in cycling and doping in other sports is that cycling is a 99% physical sport, soccer for example it does not matter that much whether you can run fast as long as you know how to play well. Formula 1, golf, tennis, even swimming require a technic. you can be very fit but you NEED to master that technic. Look at tennis for example, Federer is not the strongest guy, but he has such natural talent that allows him to sometimes defeat a...
Quote: Originally Posted by gman0482 Haha, see for me, the difficulty of a ride, the work and the pain of becoming better and faster to a finish line is where I get my love for cycling (plus the bike itself is love). So something like that would totally destroy everything for me. I guess I see you point of view, if you ride just for a calm weekend stroll in the park to enjoy the scenery. No, I have a race bike and dont go to the park. that's for little boys...