or Connect

Posts by leestevens

Quote: Originally Posted by Sunking I bought a Garmin Edge 305 in August 06 from Johnny Appleseed in Melbourne. It's been great. I really like it. I've replaced the heart sensor and cadence sensor batteries a number of times and upgraded the main unit's software a few times. I ride 3 to 4 times a week and have done about 18,000km with this device. But now the battery in the main unit is failing to charge properly. It's a lithium-ion battery and according to the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Crankyfeet Am I missing something? What planet is everyone on? Do you think that ASO can govern cycling? ASO don't give a tinker's cuss about the sport of cyclng or anti-doping. ASO care about the promotion of their events. They will never be recognized by national cycling organizations as the administrator of the sport and/or the administrator of national cycling organizations. IMO, the problem is not getting rid of the UCI because they...
Quote: Originally Posted by limerickman Paris-Nice was there long before the creation of the UCI. One hopes that Paris-Nice will also be there long after the demise of the UCI. Good riddance to it. A question to all who may know the answer or have an idea. In Aus, Cycling Aust. comes under the UCI, if they 'demise' would the organisations ( i assume it is the same in other countries also) just be left on thier own, to create their own rules? I suppose...
Quote: Originally Posted by nns1400 This is off-topic...but you'll love it Cranky... The SubPrime Primer... http://docs.google.com/TeamPresent?d...uth=true&pli=1 So thats how it all happened.
Quote: Originally Posted by gtop46 Can someone answer me ? I only want your opinion about them. http://www.rouesartisanales.com/article-4934445.html Said it before and i'll say it again. There is also a new test being done and is only part way through being completed. Go to the home page and scroll down a bit, you will find it.
Thanks for the working link. Greipel is not bad, all most came unstuck in the first sprint, seemed to get a bit lost with people around him. McEwen was nowhere to be seen and there was no other big sprintersd there either, we will see how he goes in the future i think. Otherwise he rode a good race, got himself in the right move on Saturday and took the sprint. As for Rigotto, perhaps just a shout would have sufficed rather than a headbut to the arm. I certainly don't mind...
Quote: Originally Posted by hoggy how was the 4th stage sprint by Elia Rigotto (Team Milram) who brought down Rabobank's Matt Hayman. Rigotto was rightly later disqualified from the race. http://youtube.com/watch?v=d4jraPauOkk For anybody who hasn't seen this yet. I mean c'mon, it's the TDU. Surely it isn't that important of a race to be doing stupid **** like that. Racing is racing i spose.
Quote: Originally Posted by limerickman Good to see the TDU get ProTour status : given the number of Aussies who have won major races over the last 2 decades. Re: 2008 TDU route - like others here, I would like to see the route contain some climbs. Having said that, I'm not familiar enough with Oz geography to suggest a modified route that could take in more climbs. As others have suggested here , I'd have to go for an overall Aussie winner and I think that...
Quote: Originally Posted by rcrampton I have a drill press and should be able to rig up a nice hole. I know Helicoil makes left hand threads (hopefully the 9/16-20 for pedals), so I should be OK there. My real worry is... is the crank arm solid or hollow? If it's solid I'm good to go, the Helicoils will be stronger than the original aluminum threads. If the crank is hollow I'd like to know that there's enough material around the pedal thread area to hold the...
Find a decent hill climb, about 3-5 mins. Big gear, 60-70 RPM's and a heart rate about 85%. Maybe once a week, do it to often and you will probably find your cadence will go down on the rest of your rides. I like to do these followed with some real spinning on the down side. If there are no hilss then into a head wind standing, or if you are like me with very short hills do them more often.