For you snowbound riders

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> GeeDubb wrote:
>> http://www-bdnew.fnal.gov/pbar/organizationalchart/peterson/snowplow_files/Bike_Plow.html
>> found this while searching for something else snow related
>>
>> Gary

> ROTFLMAO!
>
> 1. It won't work in anything over 3".
>
> 2. You still have to peddle through the deep stuff to plow behind you.
>
> 3. How much do you get paid. I ain't doing that for free!

but think of the satisfaction of knowing you did it with a bike instead of
that noisy gas guzzling snow blower you have >:)-}

next they will be telling us the can plow dirt with it. Now back to
searching for a snowplow for my chevy blazer....in arizona, duh!

good grief, there's actually a distributer in the Phoenix area........

Gary

GeeDubb wrote:

> next they will be telling us the can plow dirt with it. Now back to
> searching for a snowplow for my chevy blazer....in arizona, duh!
>
> good grief, there's actually a distributer in the Phoenix area........

If it ever snows in Phoenix you're gonna make a fortune!!! ;^)

"GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:m%[email protected]...

http://www-bdnew.fnal.gov/pbar/organizationalchart/peterson/snowplow_files/Bike_Plow.html

> found this while searching for something else snow related
>
> Gary

As long as he doesn't take that contraption and eff up the trails, he's
giving himself a workout. I don't see the necessity of it being used
anywhere, but that's just me I guess. I have ridden through plenty of snow
without the use of a "bike plow"

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

"Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> GeeDubb wrote:
>>
>> next they will be telling us the can plow dirt with it. Now back to
>> searching for a snowplow for my chevy blazer....in arizona, duh!
>>
>> good grief, there's actually a distributer in the Phoenix area........

> If it ever snows in Phoenix you're gonna make a fortune!!! ;^)

It has snowed a couple of times but never stuck. The plow is actually for
the place we have up in Colorado with nearly one mile of driveway to plow.
It really gets bad in late winter when the snow drifts continually and it's
non-stop out and back just to keep the lane passible otherwise it's a phone
call for the big guys!

but yeah, I'd make a killing though everybody that lives here "KNOWS' how to
drive in snow.

Gary

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:m%[email protected]...
>>

> http://www-bdnew.fnal.gov/pbar/organizationalchart/peterson/snowplow_files/Bike_Plow.html
>>
>> found this while searching for something else snow related
>>
>> Gary

> As long as he doesn't take that contraption and eff up the trails, he's
> giving himself a workout. I don't see the necessity of it being used
> anywhere, but that's just me I guess. I have ridden through plenty of snow
> without the use of a "bike plow"
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

I think the idea is to clear a walking path w/o using a shovel. Hey it was
bike related....

Gary

GeeDubb wrote:

> "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:m%[email protected]...
>>>

>> http://www-bdnew.fnal.gov/pbar/organizationalchart/peterson/snowplow_files/Bike_Plow.html
>>

>>> found this while searching for something else snow related
>>>
>>> Gary

>> As long as he doesn't take that contraption and eff up the trails, he's
>> giving himself a workout. I don't see the necessity of it being used
>> anywhere, but that's just me I guess. I have ridden through plenty of
>> snow
>> without the use of a "bike plow"
>>
>> - CA-G
>>
>> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
>>

> I think the idea is to clear a walking path w/o using a shovel. Hey it
> was bike related....
>
> Gary

Now if you put some gas powered rotary blades on that thing like the
Mach 5, you could use it to blaze new singletrack very quickly. Well at
least were I live. It took me 3.5 hours to cut .5 mile of trail the
other day.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> GeeDubb wrote:

http://www-bdnew.fnal.gov/pbar/organizationalchart/peterson/snowplow_files/Bike_Plow.html

> > found this while searching for something else snow related
> >
> > Gary

> Sweet! I knew if I held out long enough, that perfect snowblower
> alternative would come along.
> It could probably handle this, right?
> http://mattb.net/images/misc/cbsnow1.jpg

Hell yeah, I moved that much snow in just 45 minutes! Not.

Is that CB or Gunnison?

Greg

> 2. You still have to peddle through the deep stuff to plow behind
> you.
> 3. How much do you get paid. I ain't doing that for free!

If you're peddling [sic], then you're getting paid, duh!

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

G.T. wrote:
> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>GeeDubb wrote:
>>

> http://www-bdnew.fnal.gov/pbar/organizationalchart/peterson/snowplow_files/Bike_Plow.html
>

>>>found this while searching for something else snow related
>>>
>>>Gary

>>Sweet! I knew if I held out long enough, that perfect snowblower
>>alternative would come along.
>>It could probably handle this, right?
>>http://mattb.net/images/misc/cbsnow1.jpg
>>

> Hell yeah, I moved that much snow in just 45 minutes! Not.
>
> Is that CB or Gunnison?
>
> Greg

CB last year. It was a day or so before another three foot storm.
We really only had about 2' on the ground here at it's peak and it's now
down to about a foot.

Matt

GeeDubb wrote:
> "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> GeeDubb wrote:
>>>
>>> next they will be telling us the can plow dirt with it. Now back to
>>> searching for a snowplow for my chevy blazer....in arizona, duh!
>>>
>>> good grief, there's actually a distributer in the Phoenix
>>> area........

>> If it ever snows in Phoenix you're gonna make a fortune!!! ;^)

> It has snowed a couple of times but never stuck. The plow is
> actually for the place we have up in Colorado with nearly one mile of
> driveway to plow. It really gets bad in late winter when the snow
> drifts continually and it's non-stop out and back just to keep the
> lane passible otherwise it's a phone call for the big guys!
>
> but yeah, I'd make a killing though everybody that lives here "KNOWS'
> how to drive in snow.

Of course, they went to the same snow driving school as the folks here in
Central VA. ;^)

MattB wrote:
> G.T. wrote:
>
>> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>> GeeDubb wrote:
>>>

>> http://www-bdnew.fnal.gov/pbar/organizationalchart/peterson/snowplow_files/Bike_Plow.html

>>> Sweet! I knew if I held out long enough, that perfect snowblower
>>> alternative would come along.
>>> It could probably handle this, right?
>>> http://mattb.net/images/misc/cbsnow1.jpg
>>>

>> Hell yeah, I moved that much snow in just 45 minutes! Not.
>>
>> Is that CB or Gunnison?
>>
>> Greg
>>

> CB last year. It was a day or so before another three foot storm.
> We really only had about 2' on the ground here at it's peak and it's now
> down to about a foot.

Damn! We haven't gotten a foot total this year, and it was 60+ here
today and I had to water the gardens.

Shawn

Shawn wrote:
> MattB wrote:
>
>> G.T. wrote:
>>
>>> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> http://www-bdnew.fnal.gov/pbar/organizationalchart/peterson/snowplow_files/Bike_Plow.html

>>> Hell yeah, I moved that much snow in just 45 minutes! Not.
>>>
>>> Is that CB or Gunnison?
>>>
>>> Greg
>>>

>> CB last year. It was a day or so before another three foot storm.
>> We really only had about 2' on the ground here at it's peak and it's
>> now down to about a foot.

> Damn! We haven't gotten a foot total this year, and it was 60+ here
> today and I had to water the gardens.
>
> Shawn

If the snow doesn't either soften up or go away I may need to pay you a
visit!
Been riding much?

Matt

Carla A-G wrote:
> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Sweet! I knew if I held out long enough, that perfect snowblower
>>alternative would come along.
>>It could probably handle this, right?
>>http://mattb.net/images/misc/cbsnow1.jpg
>>
>>Matt

> Nice, you should have dusted off your bobsled and wailed down that corridor.
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

A few of the CB kids actually do have these sleighs that they stand on
dog sled style and kick like a scooter. They seem to get along pretty
once the snow is packed well and the front is good for cargo or a
passenger. Looks like fun!

Matt

MattB wrote:
> Shawn wrote:
>
>> MattB wrote:

snip

>>> CB last year. It was a day or so before another three foot storm.
>>> We really only had about 2' on the ground here at it's peak and it's
>>> now down to about a foot.

>> Damn! We haven't gotten a foot total this year, and it was 60+ here
>> today and I had to water the gardens.
>>
>> Shawn

> If the snow doesn't either soften up or go away I may need to pay you a
> visit!
> Been riding much?

Spinner :p I've been dealing with tendinitis in my repaired knee.
Didn't have any trouble with rehab till Nov., 6 months post surgery.
Since then it's been on and off. A good fun ride can knock me off the
bike (and give me a good limp) for two weeks. Still managing gradual
improvement.

Shawn