granny/chainstay clearance

Kbh

Guest
What is considered a minimum safe granny to chainstay clearance? My current setup has about 49mm
chainline on the front, and about 5mm clearance between the granny and chainstay using a 115 UN-72
BB and TA Alize crank. I am considering going to a 113 BB to bring the chainline a little closer to
Shimano spec, and to increase (maybe just by one) the number of low gears I can use in the middle
ring without having to trim.

Thanks,

Kyle

2-3mm.