or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

McDonalds serving HUMAN meat

post #1 of 32
McDonalds serving HUMAN meat ?

I heard something about this on the news and wonder how
much truth there is to it. I know I wont be eating at
McDonalds again.
post #2 of 32

Re: McDonalds serving HUMAN meat

With so many reasons not to eat at McDonalds (the food
tastes awful), why are you worried about this one?

--Lia

me@myhome.com wrote:
> McDonalds serving HUMAN meat ?
>
> I heard something about this on the news and wonder how
> much truth there is to it. I know I wont be eating at
> McDonalds again.
post #3 of 32

me@myhome.com wrote:
> I heard something about this on the news and wonder how
> much truth there is to it. I know I wont be eating at
> McDonalds again.

I call bull****. But you sound like you are trolling, which
does not make sense given the attitude of this newsgroup as
a whole toward fast food.

--
John Gaughan http://www.johngaughan.net/
john@johngaughan.net

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:44:03 -0600, me@myhome.com wrote:

> McDonalds serving HUMAN meat ?
>
> I heard something about this on the news and wonder how
> much truth there is to it. I know I wont be eating at
> McDonalds again.

Long pig, the *other* white meat.

-Jeff B. yeff at erols dot com
post #5 of 32

<me@myhome.com> wrote in message
> McDonalds serving HUMAN meat ?

> I heard something about this on the news and wonder how
> much truth there is to it. I know I wont be eating at
> McDonalds again.

Oh yes. It's quite true, at least here in Britain. But it's
not all burgers. They server human meat only to those
customers they deem to be stupid enough to believe that
McDonald's serve human meat.
post #6 of 32

Re: McDonalds serving HUMAN meat-BULL-S--rumor

what a stupid rumor--or troll.
post #7 of 32

Re: McDonalds serving HUMAN meat

nonsense - though I did read some years ago in some article
that McD was the chief buyer (in front of the other burger
giants) of cow noses... and that they're able to claim 100%
beef as any part of the cow would be considered beef... that
I find more likely to be true and even believable - it
wouldn't be good business practice to waste it if it
groundable and usable... ugh.
post #8 of 32

Re: McDonalds serving HUMAN meat

<me@myhome.com> wrote in message
> McDonalds serving HUMAN meat ?
>
> I heard something about this on the news and wonder how
> much truth there is to it. I know I wont be eating at
> McDonalds again.

And your point is????

Dimitri
post #9 of 32

Re: McDonalds serving HUMAN meat

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:00:31 GMT, Steve Knight
<stevek@knight-toolworks.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:44:03 -0600, me@myhome.com wrote:
>
>>McDonalds serving HUMAN meat ?
>>
>>I heard something about this on the news and wonder how
>>much truth there is to it. I know I wont be eating at
>>McDonalds again.
>>

>nope cows are cheaper to raise then people. so they would
>never do it.

Not true. There are lots of dead people every day, and what
if the reason for bombing Iraq was acrually to kill people
and harvest their dead bodies for the fast food industry.
Most people say the war was for oil, but oil prices have
gone up, while fast food prices have remained the same and
in some cases even went down. They could be serving dead
Iraq people right now, at the fast food joint down the block
from you....

Think about this ...........
post #10 of 32

"RobertE" <robb@spamkillasgaard.co.uk> wrote in message

> <me@myhome.com> wrote in message
> > McDonalds serving HUMAN meat ?
>
> > I heard something about this on the news and wonder how
> > much truth there is to it. I know I wont be eating at
> > McDonalds again.
>
> Oh yes. It's quite true, at least here in Britain. But
> it's not all
burgers.
> They server human meat only to those customers they deem
> to be stupid
enough
> to believe that McDonald's serve human meat.

Hmm. On second thought, perhaps irony was the wrong
approach. Too subtle, perhaps.
post #11 of 32

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 01:31:12 -0600, me@myhome.com wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:00:31 GMT, Steve Knight

> >nope cows are cheaper to raise then people. so they
> >would never do it.
>
> Not true. There are lots of dead people every day, and
> what if the reason for bombing Iraq was acrually to kill
> people and harvest their dead bodies for the fast food
> industry. Most people say the war was for oil, but oil
> prices have gone up, while fast food prices have remained
> the same and in some cases even went down. They could be
> serving dead Iraq people right now, at the fast food
> joint down the block from you....
>
> Think about this ...........

You need to rent Soylent Green.... if it wasn't what gave
you the idea to troll here in the first place.

post #12 of 32

Re: McDonalds serving HUMAN meat

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 01:46:48 -0600, Katra
<KatraMungBean@centurytel.net> wrote:

> In article <105mbcajscn0hc6@corp.supernews.com>,
> John Gaughan <john@johngaughan.net> wrote:
>
> > me@myhome.com wrote:
> > > I heard something about this on the news and wonder
> > > how much truth there is to it. I know I wont be
> > > eating at McDonalds again.
> >
> > I call bull****. But you sound like you are trolling,
> > which does not make sense given the attitude of this
> > newsgroup as a whole toward fast food.
>
> <grins> Too true! Fast food usually isn't fast at all...
>
> I can prepare a quick, tasty and nutritious meal in half
> the time it'd take me to go downtown and buy it, and it
> tastes better and is cheaper!

Sometimes, I want fast food just because I don't have to
make it and too broke to spring for a real meal out.

post #13 of 32

sf wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 01:31:12 -0600, me@myhome.com wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:00:31 GMT, Steve Knight
>
>> >nope cows are cheaper to raise then people. so they
>> >would never do
>> it.
>>
>> Not true. There are lots of dead people every day, and
>> what if the reason for bombing Iraq was acrually to kill
>> people and harvest their dead bodies for the fast food
>> industry. Most people say the war was for oil, but oil
>> prices have gone up, while fast food prices have
>> remained the same and in some cases even went down. They
>> could be serving dead Iraq people right now, at the fast
>> food joint down the block from you....
>>
>> Think about this ...........
>>
> You need to rent Soylent Green.... if it wasn't what gave
> you the idea to troll here in the first place.

Or watch that old episode of Outer Limits... or was it
Twilight Zone? To Serve Man. "It's a cookbook!"

Jill
post #14 of 32

sf wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 01:46:48 -0600, Katra
> <KatraMungBean@centurytel.net> wrote:
>
>> In article <105mbcajscn0hc6@corp.supernews.com>,
>> John Gaughan <john@johngaughan.net> wrote:

>> truth > > there is to it. I know I wont be eating at
>> McDonalds again. >
>> > I call bull****. But you sound like you are trolling,
>> > which does
>> not > make sense given the attitude of this newsgroup as
>> a whole toward fast food.
>>
>> <grins> Too true! Fast food usually isn't fast at all...
>>
>> I can prepare a quick, tasty and nutritious meal in half
>> the time it'd take me to go downtown and buy it, and it
>> tastes better and is cheaper!
>>
> Sometimes, I want fast food just because I don't have to
> make it and too broke to spring for a real meal out.

But... fast food really isn't cheap... you can make 4-6
burgers yourself for the cost of that meal. True, you have
to fry/grill/broil them yourself so maybe the "fast" factor
is really that you don't have to cook it yourself. I can
relate to that on occasion But I cannot remember the last
time I went to McDonald's. I think it was some time in the
1980's. Burger King, maybe a couple of years ago. Wendy's...
ditto, a couple of years ago. It helps that there aren't any
of these places on my way home from work. I'm more likely to
stop at the chinese place and pick up egg foo yung and
wontons

Jill
post #15 of 32

Re: McDonalds serving HUMAN meat

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 01:46:48 -0600, Katra
<KatraMungBean@centurytel.net> wrote:

> In article <105mbcajscn0hc6@corp.supernews.com>,
> John Gaughan <john@johngaughan.net> wrote:
>
>> me@myhome.com wrote:
>> > I heard something about this on the news and wonder how
>> > much truth there is to it. I know I wont be eating at
>> > McDonalds again.
>>
>> I call bull****. But you sound like you are trolling,
>> which does not make sense given the attitude of this
>> newsgroup as a whole toward fast food.
>
><grins> Too true! Fast food usually isn't fast at all...
>
>I can prepare a quick, tasty and nutritious meal in half
>the time it'd take me to go downtown and buy it, and it
>tastes better and is cheaper!
>
>K.

I agree on the "tastes better", and in many cases I can
agree on the "not fast", but I dont agree on the cheaper.
You can buy a double cheeseburger at McDonalds for $1.00.
Lets break that down. That's probably 1/3 lb of meat, which
at the curent prices for ground beef is already at least 70
cents. A pack of buns is not cheap, so add another at least
25 cents for the bun, and a few slices of onion and you have
already spent $1.00 for that burger. Now, buy the cheese,
add some pickles and ketsup, and you are well over the
dollar. That dont take into account the energy to cook it,
more energy to heat water to wash dishes, plus the dish
soap, water itself, gas to go to the grocery store, etc....
OK, lets forget the gas to go to the grocery store, because
you need that to drive to the fast food place too.

On top of that, how much is your time worth. You got to
cook, clean the stove, wash dishes, etc...

I have never been able to cook food as cheap as I can buy it
at a fast food place, as long as that place has cheap dollar
sandwiches. The only thing is that I dont trust the stuff
they sell at fast food places. so I spend more money and
waste lots of time cooking at home.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Food and nutrition