FS 52cm roadbike

Lindsay Rowlands

Guest
I have to make room for another bike so this one
has the opportunity to go to another owner. Here
are the specs (off the top of my head)::

Gemini Exage Sport
Cro-mo frame
52cm c-c seat tube
56cm c-c top tube
7-speed rear cluster 14-28
42/53 chainrings - Biopace
700c alloy rims
Michelin Axial Kevlar 700x23c tyres
Indexed bar-end shifters (poor person's STI)

Relatively new bits: rear cluster; chain; chainrings; brake blocks;
cables.

Any colour so long as it's black!

This was once my only bike and I did some great miles/Ks on it. The
cro-mo frame is nicely compliant (absorbs a certain amount
of road shock) and would suit a small to medium sized person - I'm
around 5'7" and it fits fine. It has the usual signs of wear and
tear for a bike a decade or so old.

I've geared it to be easy to ride up hills (28/39) and long-legged
for fast downhills (14/53), so it makes a great commuter, sports
tourer or an entry level trainer/racer. It's lighter than most MTBs,
but isn't a featherweight either.

I would keep it as a rain bike or commuter myself but there really
are only so many bikes one can justify owning.

I want $275 for it; buyer pays for shipping.

Contact me via email for more details/questions - my access to this
newsgroup is unreliable. I can arrange photos on request..

Lindsay Rowlands
[email protected]

hippy <[email protected]> wrote:
: "Lindsay Rowlands" <[email protected]> wrote in message
: news:[email protected]...
:> The bike has been sold.

: Wow! That was quick.

: hippy

Mercifully! It's a great bike and is much appreciated by
the new owner. I needed the $s to pay for the recent
MTB acquisition. Now that's a bike! 11kg ringing wet
is some light hard tail.

With a good roadie, fixie and now a real MTB I'm pretty
well catered for, though if there was a local track
I'd have one of those too. I'd like to one day own
a recumbent just for the different experience.

Cheerz,
Lynzz

"Lindsay Rowlands" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> MTB acquisition. Now that's a bike! 11kg ringing wet
> is some light hard tail.

Could you please bless us with a specification... ;-)

> With a good roadie, fixie and now a real MTB I'm pretty
> well catered for, though if there was a local track
> I'd have one of those too. I'd like to one day own
> a recumbent just for the different experience.

Me too.. I want one of those funky racing trikes. I think
they would be a heap of fun around suburbian back streets.
Rolling one under a car not included...

hippy

hippy <[email protected]> wrote:
: "Lindsay Rowlands" <[email protected]> wrote in message
: news:[email protected]...
:> MTB acquisition. Now that's a bike! 11kg ringing wet
:> is some light hard tail.

: Could you please bless us with a specification... ;-)

Frame is 17" Parkpre Aluteam, RockShox Judy SL forks (1.8kg),
XT rear; LX front hubs, XT 8-speed cassette, LX shifters,
LX cantilever brakes, SPDs, alloy stems and bars, Scott
grips... that's about all I can remember.

:> With a good roadie, fixie and now a real MTB I'm pretty
:> well catered for, though if there was a local track
:> I'd have one of those too. I'd like to one day own
:> a recumbent just for the different experience.

: Me too.. I want one of those funky racing trikes. I think
: they would be a heap of fun around suburbian back streets.
: Rolling one under a car not included...

If you want to zap over to www.chucksbikes.com to drool
over the Tsunami recumbent for US$750 you can also check
out all the other great and cheap stuff. I'm quite
distracted by the thought of the Merida Magnesium road
frame for US$250, plus affordable carbon road and MTB bars,
etc. Gotta stop wasting time obsessing about bike bits, but
it sure is more interesting than work!!

: hippy

"Lindsay Rowlands" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Frame is 17" Parkpre Aluteam, RockShox Judy SL forks (1.8kg),
> XT rear; LX front hubs, XT 8-speed cassette, LX shifters,
> LX cantilever brakes, SPDs, alloy stems and bars, Scott
> grips... that's about all I can remember.

I've heard that brand mentioned somewhere before... had a
look and it seems they are a bit rare - nice work ;-)

www.parkpre.com has been setup by a fan of the brand.

> If you want to zap over to www.chucksbikes.com to drool
> over the Tsunami recumbent for US$750 you can also check

I'll do that.. just have to close the other 20 bike-related
browser windows.. ;-)

> out all the other great and cheap stuff. I'm quite
> distracted by the thought of the Merida Magnesium road
> frame for US$250, plus affordable carbon road and MTB bars,
> etc. Gotta stop wasting time obsessing about bike bits, but
> it sure is more interesting than work!!

I'm totally in the same boat.. must not look at more bikes.. doh!

hippy :)

I want a recumbent just so I can have a bike with 3 wheels. I already
have one with two and one with one.
You want a laugh? try falling off a unicycle again and again. It's a hoot.
--
Cheers
Damian Harvey

www.mazzoir.textamerica.com is my moblog.
Why? Because I have a sexy cam-phone and you don't.
Ha.

Hippy wrote:
> "Lindsay Rowlands" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:bql-
> [email protected]:[email protected]...
> > Frame is 17" Parkpre Aluteam, RockShox Judy SL forks (1.8kg), XT rear;
> > LX front hubs, XT 8-speed cassette, LX shifters, LX cantilever brakes,
> > SPDs, alloy stems and bars, Scott grips... that's about all I can
> > remember.

> I've heard that brand mentioned somewhere before... had a look and it
> seems they are a bit rare - nice work ;-)
> www.parkpre.com has been setup by a fan of the brand.
> > If you want to zap over to www.chucksbikes.com to drool over the
> > Tsunami recumbent for US$750 you can also check

> I'll do that.. just have to close the other 20 bike-related browser
> windows.. ;-)
> > out all the other great and cheap stuff. I'm quite distracted by the
> > thought of the Merida Magnesium road frame for US$250, plus affordable
> > carbon road and MTB bars, etc. Gotta stop wasting time obsessing about
> > bike bits, but it sure is more interesting than work!!

> I'm totally in the same boat.. must not look at more bikes.. doh!
> hippy :)

I remember parkpre as a pretty well known brand 6-7 years ago when I
first started mtb'ing, but haven't really heard anything about them
since - at least not here in Oz.

Lindsay, was it a new or 2nd hand bike you purchased? Im interested to
know if they still make bikes...

Cheers, Troy

--

ftf <[email protected]> wrote:

: I remember parkpre as a pretty well known brand 6-7 years ago when I
: first started mtb'ing, but haven't really heard anything about them
: since - at least not here in Oz.

: Lindsay, was it a new or 2nd hand bike you purchased? Im interested to
: know if they still make bikes...

There is quite a bit of info on a site set up by an enthusiast - just
google parkpre. It seems the name comes from the combination of 'Park'
and 'Precision'. It was truncated to fit the decal on the downtube.
I didn't read every bit of info on the site but I recall something
about ParkPre still being made in Italy for a team.

The bike is a second hand purchase. A great friend who is a MTB
racer (veteran now) recently upgraded to a porno steel Marin
hardtail. By that I mean he bought the frame from the US and
swapped some components from the ParkPre. He is the archetypal
weight weenie so I was lucky to get some of the light stuff
like headset, stem and of course the frame and forks. We both
regard the ParkPre as going to an old people's home for MTBs.
I paid so little for it that I'll always regard it as his and
should he not be able to sleep at night for not being able
look across the room to see the beloved 'pre then I'm happy
to ship it back to him. Mates are like that.

Cheerz,
Lynzz

"Lindsay Rowlands" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> If you want to zap over to www.chucksbikes.com to drool
> over the Tsunami recumbent for US$750 you can also check

Yeah, but it's not one of the quick trikes I'd love...

> out all the other great and cheap stuff. I'm quite
> distracted by the thought of the Merida Magnesium road
> frame for US$250, plus affordable carbon road and MTB bars,
> etc.

My new downhill bike:
http://www.chucksbikes.com/store/indexcb014.htm

B$&ard americans though.. wish I could get hold of stuff, as
cheap, over here! They also seem to have a lot of custom
frame builders in the states - I see new bike/frame names
all the time on mtbr's SS forum. Nice..

hippy

> "Lindsay Rowlands" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > If you want to zap over to www.chucksbikes.com to drool
> > over the Tsunami recumbent for US$750 you can also check

> Yeah, but it's not one of the quick trikes I'd love...
>
> > out all the other great and cheap stuff. I'm quite
> > distracted by the thought of the Merida Magnesium road
> > frame for US$250, plus affordable carbon road and MTB bars,
> > etc.

> My new downhill bike:
> http://www.chucksbikes.com/store/indexcb014.htm

I'm not sure that one is going to stand up to much punishment in a downhill
race with big drops!

;-)

Tim