New Dura-Ace outer chainring design

In article <3eae08c7@info-int>, "Tony" <[email protected]> wrote:

> looks like **** "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shayana Kadidal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > What do we make of this?--Shayana Kadidal
> > >
> > > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/apr03/lbl03/?id=crank
> >
> > It can churn out five slices of luncheon meat per revolution?

Looks a bit like their dirt rings. With that colour, maybe it's titanium?

Looks heavy even though it will be lighter than previous DA

"Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<3eae08c7@info-int>...
> looks like **** "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Shayana Kadidal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > What do we make of this?--Shayana Kadidal
> > >
> > > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/apr03/lbl03/?id=crank
> >
> > It can churn out five slices of luncheon meat per revolution?

"brian roth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Shayana Kadidal) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > What do we make of this?--Shayana Kadidal
> >
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/apr03/lbl03/?id=crank
>

> How do you remove it from the BB spindle?

You don't on the drive side. The right crankarm and spindle are one-piece. The left goes on just
like XTR (or an ahead stem, or the old Bullseye cranks, or...). It uses an adjuster cap and
pinch bolts.

brian-<< How do you remove it from the BB spindle?

Ya don't, one piece unit, gonna be expensive to replace if ya crash hard on the right side.