or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

prague powder

post #1 of 5
>anonymous-coolgroups writes:
>
>Can someone tell me where to buy prague powder

http://www.sausagemaker.com

---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED
NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon ```````````` "Life would be
devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
post #2 of 5

Re: prague powder

anonymous@coolgroups.com wrote:

> Can someone tell me where to buy prague powder

<http://www.butcherpacker.com>

I think they call it "Instacure".

Best regards, Bob
post #3 of 5

Re: prague powder

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 09:58:46 -0600, zxcvbob <zxcvbob@charter.net>
wrote:

>anonymous@coolgroups.com wrote:
>
>> Can someone tell me where to buy prague powder
>
><http://www.butcherpacker.com>
>
>I think they call it "Instacure".

How does Prague powders (1 or 2) compare to Mortons
Tenderquick? What are the ratios for each and can you
substitute?

-sw
post #4 of 5

Re: prague powder

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 09:58:46 -0600, zxcvbob
> <zxcvbob@charter.net> wrote:
>

>>anonymous@coolgroups.com wrote:
>>

>>>Can someone tell me where to buy prague powder
>>
>><http://www.butcherpacker.com>
>>
>>I think they call it "Instacure".
>

> How does Prague powders (1 or 2) compare to Mortons
> Tenderquick? What are the ratios for each and can you
> substitute?
>
> -sw

If you don't have prague powder, you can generally just
substitute Morton's Tenderquick for all the salt in the
recipe. That's what I've been doing until I use up all my
TQ, then I will open the bag of #1 cure I bought from
butcherpacker last year.

-bob
post #5 of 5

Re: prague powder

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 19:58:42 GMT, Reg <reg@nospam.com> wrote:

>Prague #2 is 1 part sodium nitrite, 0.64 parts sodium
>nitrate, and the remainder is salt.

Is that out of 100 parts (1.65% nitr[ia]tes)? It's hard to
tell which is stronger (#1 or #2) from that description. I'm
sure I could look it up, but since I'm already here and on
the subject...

-sw
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home