TBF wrote:
> From the Google archives:
>

> "Kathleen, when we rode at Bartlett, I was wishing I had
> my Y bike that had been in warranty replacement since mid-
> December and I did state that."
>
> And this gem:
>
> "Even though mine broke (and has since been replaced
> under warranty), I still think that the Y ride is a damn
> good one for the money and I intend to ride it until it
> breaks again."
>
> Even better, a poster wrote he was going from a Trek 820
> to a Trek URT Y-Bike and JD replied:
>
> "You'll love the difference Mikel. Going from my lead sled
> Trek 850 to my Y11, I surely did."

> "Yeah?, so what's the spec? JD interested in a Y11"

Dude, that was like so last millenium. Some people learn,
some don't. You seem to be the type like Dan V. who don't.

Greg
post #2 of 39

Re: JD's Trek Posts

TBF wrote:

> "G.T." <getnews1@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
>
>>TBF wrote:
>>
>>>From the Google archives:
>>>

>>>"Kathleen, when we rode at Bartlett, I was wishing I had
>>>my Y bike that
>
> had
>
>>>been in warranty replacement since mid-December and I did
>>>state that."
>>>
>>>And this gem:
>>>
>>>"Even though mine broke (and has since been replaced
>>>under warranty), I still think that the Y ride is a damn
>>>good one for the money and I intend to ride it until it
>>>breaks again."
>>>
>>>Even better, a poster wrote he was going from a Trek 820
>>>to a Trek URT Y-Bike and JD replied:
>>>
>>>"You'll love the difference Mikel. Going from my lead
>>>sled Trek 850 to
>
> my
>
>>>Y11, I surely did."

>>>"Yeah?, so what's the spec? JD interested in a Y11"
>>>

>>Dude, that was like so last millenium. Some people learn,
>>some don't.
>
> You
>
>>seem to be the type like Dan V. who don't.
>>
>>Greg
>>

> "Dude" what are you talking about? I already said I'm
> disappointed that the thing broke but otherwise it's a
> nice frame. The bike has performed very well, and except
> for this incident it's still tops.
>
> JD on the other hand did an about face on Treks and
> then wants to come down like he's some sort of mountain
> bike god.
>
> Everyone wants to be the man in their own hood. Alt.MTB is
> obviously his thing, but it's you groupies that make me
> laugh. Your so eager to kiss his ass that your probably
> staking out the bathrooms in his town.

Oh man, I can't wait for the AMB Snobs vs. Everyone
Else showdown.
post #3 of 39

Re: JD's Trek Posts

TBF wrote:

> Everyone wants to be the man in their own hood. Alt.MTB is
> obviously his thing, but it's you groupies that make me
> laugh. Your so eager to kiss his ass that your probably
> staking out the bathrooms in his town.

pompous cockheads like you and Dan V.

Greg
post #4 of 39

Re: JD's Trek Posts

TBF <jr.miller@rogers.com> wrote:
> "Dude" what are you talking about? I already said I'm
> disappointed that the thing broke but otherwise it's a
> nice frame. The bike has performed very well, and except
> for this incident it's still tops.
>
> JD on the other hand did an about face on Treks and
> then wants to come down like he's some sort of mountain
> bike god.
>
> Everyone wants to be the man in their own hood. Alt.MTB is
> obviously his thing, but it's you groupies that make me
> laugh. Your so eager to kiss his ass that your probably
> staking out the bathrooms in his town.

Hey dumbass, your the one who's researching google to bust
on JD, not the other way around. It appears to be pretty
simple -- the man changed his mind regarding the quality of
Trek frames after being disappointed several times. It's
like Greg said, people learn!

I've never met JD in the flesh, but he is well regarded by
those in this NG who have met him -- both as a person and as
a bike rider. Seems to me like you're the one who's coming
into "town" and trying to stake out your own "tough guy"
ground. What's wrong, can't you handle the fact that someone
has a poor opinion of your ride?

And guess what .... I ride a Trek!

Sheesh!

Tom
post #5 of 39

Re: JD's Trek Posts

tcmedara <tcmedara@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote:
> TBF <jr.miller@rogers.com> wrote:
>> "Dude" what are you talking about? I already said I'm
>> disappointed that the thing broke but otherwise it's a
>> nice frame. The bike has performed very well, and except
>> for this incident it's still tops.
>>
>> JD on the other hand did an about face on Treks and
>> then wants to come down like he's some sort of mountain
>> bike god.
>>
>> Everyone wants to be the man in their own hood. Alt.MTB
>> is obviously his thing, but it's you groupies that make
>> me laugh. Your so eager to kiss his ass that your
>> probably staking out the bathrooms in his town.
>
> Hey dumbass, your the one who's researching google to bust
> on JD, not the other way around. It appears to be pretty
> simple -- the man changed his mind regarding the quality
> of Trek frames after being disappointed several times.
> It's like Greg said, people learn!
>
> I've never met JD in the flesh, but he is well regarded by
> those in this NG who have met him -- both as a person and
> as a bike rider. Seems to me like you're the one who's
> coming into "town" and trying to stake out your own "tough
> guy" ground. What's wrong, can't you handle the fact that
> someone has a poor opinion of your ride?
>
> And guess what .... I ride a Trek!
>
> Sheesh!
>
> Tom

Okay, just saw the battle of wits previously. Violated
cardinal rule - read THEN post. None the less, looks like
your still just trying to wipe the egg of your face there
TBF. Give it a rest, dude.

Tom
post #6 of 39

Re: JD's Trek Posts

BB <bbauerAtitude@freeshell.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:05:15 -0400, tcmedara wrote:
>
>> And guess what .... I ride a Trek!
>
> Loser! ;-)

My own personal loser-attributes list continues to grow the
older I get. I'm sure by the time my kids are teenagers it
will be enormous as they will be forced to add to it daily!
In my own defense, I also have an early 1990's steel Fisher
hardtail that I still ride quite regularly which will likely
outlast all of us. I plan to ride it in some old timers fest
at some Fat Tire Festival 50 years from now so all the young
Dewbies of the day can gawk, point, and wonder how we could
ride such hideous contraptions.

Tom
post #7 of 39

Re: JD's Trek Posts

kantspel <prefer@nomail.com> wrote in message news:<c5f341$rrn$1@grandcanyon.binc.net>...
> TBF wrote:
>
> > "G.T." <getnews1@dslextreme.com> wrote in message

> > had

> > my

> >>Dude, that was like so last millenium. Some people
> >>learn, some don't.
> >
> > You
> >
> >>seem to be the type like Dan V. who don't.
> >>
> >>Greg
> >>

> > "Dude" what are you talking about? I already said I'm
> > disappointed that the thing broke but otherwise it's a
> > nice frame. The bike has performed very well, and except
> > for this incident it's still tops.
> >
> > JD on the other hand did an about face on Treks and
> > then wants to come down like he's some sort of mountain
> > bike god.
> >
> > Everyone wants to be the man in their own hood. Alt.MTB
> > is obviously his thing, but it's you groupies that make
> > me laugh. Your so eager to kiss his ass that your
> > probably staking out the bathrooms in his town.
> >

> Oh man, I can't wait for the AMB Snobs vs. Everyone Else
> showdown.

It's coming soon to a computer near you!
post #8 of 39

Re: JD's Trek Posts

"G.T." <getnews1@dslextreme.com> wrote in message news:<EgEec.21868$Oy.11081@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com>...
> TBF wrote:
> >

> > Everyone wants to be the man in their own hood. Alt.MTB
> > is obviously his thing, but it's you groupies that make
> > me laugh. Your so eager to kiss his ass that your
> > probably staking out the bathrooms in his town.
> >

> pompous cockheads like you and Dan V.

Except that JD started the heaping and that seems to be ok
with you, right?
post #9 of 39

Re: JD's Trek Posts

"G.T." <getnews1@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
> TBF wrote:
> >

> > Everyone wants to be the man in their own hood. Alt.MTB
> > is obviously his thing, but it's you groupies that make
> > me laugh. Your so eager to kiss
his
> > ass that your probably staking out the bathrooms in
> > his town.

with

> pompous cockheads like you and Dan V.
>
> Greg

Greg, pull your nose out of the pubic hairs in JD's asshole.
You don't even know what the real argument has been about,
even though you have been chiming in from the start. Aside
from the backslapping among you and the other circle
jerkers, the dispute has little to do with good mountain
biking....the dispute is much more about two views of the
sport. There is the SS group, that thinks REAL
MOUNTAINBIKING is about simplifying, lightening, spending
less, and somehow getting back to basics ( and of course,
forgetting that hiking would be the ultimate extension of
this)....and there is another group of mountain bikers, that
is always looking for the Magic Carpet ride...they want the
technological marvel that will allow them to do more,
easier. If someone in this category was given a rigid SS
bike to ride, they would feel that they were being robbed of
a huge part of the experience of mountain biking---the
feeling that they had all these technological solutions, all
dialed in just for them, each contributing perfectly to the
ideal performance for a thrilling ride on a good trail. The
people who resemble either of these two the most, don't
think THE SPORT OF MOUNTAIN BIKING should be enjoyed any
other way than their approach. Both groups forget that we
are all doing this for the thrill and for the outdoor
adventure... They are really arguing about who knows how to
have fun, and this is a pretty stupid thing to argue about.
I've been pretty stu pid in that I've allowed myself to be
sucked in to such a ridiculous argument, by people so far
away that settling the argument is a huge, long distance
ordeal. Such a ridiculous argument could only be created in
a place like the Internet, and there is no guarantee it can
be settled with some kind of "group get-together" .... you
still have the two conflicting ideas of what fun is, even
after all the fitness and skill posturing get sorted out in
a group ride.

Dan V
post #10 of 39

Re: JD's Trek Posts

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:23:25 -0400, Dan Volker wrote:

> Greg, pull your nose out of the pubic hairs in JD's
> asshole.

I was going to point out the anatomical flaws in this
concept, but it got me thinking. When do pubic hairs become
anal crack hairs? The hairs around the varse/barse
(perineum) - what category do they fall in to?

> There is the SS group, that thinks REAL MOUNTAINBIKING is
> about simplifying, lightening, spending less, and somehow
> getting back to basics ( and of course, forgetting that
> hiking would be the ultimate extension of this)....

You do realise that the majority of people with whom you are
having heated discussions, all own multi-geared FS bikes,
don't you?

> Such a ridiculous argument could only be created in a
> place like the Internet, and there is no guarantee it can
> be settled with some kind of "group get-together" .... you
> still have the two conflicting ideas of what fun is, even
> after all the fitness and skill posturing get sorted out
> in a group ride.

You do realise that the majority of people here have already
ridden with other people on the group, don't you? There are
""group get-togethers"" throughout the world. The difference
is, we just want to ride with each other on nice trails, not
settle scores. I think this final point probably illustrates
our differences of opinion rather well.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

post #11 of 39

Re: JD's Trek Posts

"bomba" <myarse247@hotmail.com> wrote in message
newsan.2004.04.13.14.08.38.856616@hotmail.com...
> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:23:25 -0400, Dan Volker wrote:
>

> You do realise that the majority of people here have
> already ridden with other people on the group, don't you?
> There are ""group get-togethers"" throughout the world.
> The difference is, we just want to ride with each other
> on nice trails, not settle scores. I think this final
> point probably illustrates our differences of opinion
> rather well.

You may see this as "settling scores". I don't. My guess
would be that in virtually every case, when you have people
who have been in a heated usenet debate, actually getting
together, the result will be friendly and amicable. In the
case of this mountain biking group and the threads argued
about, it would be more of an understanding what each other
means..a semantics type thing, and after riding with them,
having a better idea of why they sound the way they do with
their posts. No matter how much of a challenge I may have
aimed at JD, when I do get the chance to ride with him, I am
going to be planning on a fun trip, and I'm going to expect
him to be alot more enjoyable to ride with in real life,
than to talk to on the NG. Any challenge would be relatively
unimportant, the enjoyment of the ride would be the big
issue. I'm enjoying talking smack about SSers too much, to
let a little thing like who actually wins the challenge to
concern me :-) But of course, if JD was on a SS at Quiet
Waters, I would also enjoy having to wait for him to catch
up every 5 minutes or so :-)

Dan V
post #12 of 39

Re: JD's Trek Posts

bomba wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:23:25 -0400, Dan Volker wrote:
>
>> Greg, pull your nose out of the pubic hairs in JD's
>> asshole.
>
> I was going to point out the anatomical flaws in this
> concept, but it got me thinking. When do pubic hairs
> become anal crack hairs? The hairs around the varse/barse
> (perineum) - what category do they fall in to?

Maybe Danny is fantasizing that he left some genuine
ones there?

Bill "regrets contemplating that" S.
post #13 of 39

Re: JD's Trek Posts

"Dan Volker" <dvolker@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> The people who resemble either of these two the most,
> don't think THE
SPORT
> OF MOUNTAIN BIKING should be enjoyed any other way than
> their approach.

Dan, your ability to remain utterly clueleess is simply
astounding!
post #14 of 39

Re: JD's Trek Posts

"Dan Volker" <dvolker@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> "G.T." <getnews1@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
> > TBF wrote:
> > >

> > > Everyone wants to be the man in their own hood.
> > > Alt.MTB is obviously
his
> > > thing, but it's you groupies that make me laugh. Your
> > > so eager to kiss
> his
> > > ass that your probably staking out the bathrooms in
> > > his town.
> > >

> with

> > pompous cockheads like you and Dan V.
> >
> > Greg
>
> Greg, pull your nose out of the pubic hairs in JD's
> asshole. You don't
even
> know what the real argument has been about, even though
> you have been chiming in from the start. Aside from the
> backslapping among you and the other circle jerkers, the
> dispute has little to do with good mountain biking....the
> dispute is much more about two views of the sport. There
> is the SS group, that thinks REAL MOUNTAINBIKING is about
> simplifying, lightening, spending less, and somehow
> getting back to basics ( and of course, forgetting that
> hiking would be the ultimate extension of this)....

that there is no "SS group"? Once you realize that you may
just start getting it.

Greg
post #15 of 39

> "bomba" <myarse247@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> newsan.2004.04.13.14.08.38.856616@hotmail.com...
> > On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:23:25 -0400, Dan Volker wrote:
> >

> > You do realise that the majority of people here have
> > already ridden with other people on the group, don't
> > you? There are ""group get-togethers"" throughout the
> > world. The difference is, we just want to ride with each
> > other on nice trails, not settle scores. I think this
> > final point
probably
> > illustrates our differences of opinion rather well.
> >

> You may see this as "settling scores". I don't. My guess
> would be that in virtually every case, when you have
> people who have been in a heated
usenet
> debate, actually getting together, the result will be
> friendly and
amicable.
> In the case of this mountain biking group and the threads
> argued about, it would be more of an understanding what
> each other means..a semantics type thing, and after riding
> with them, having a better idea of why they sound the way
> they do with their posts. No matter how much of a
> challenge I may have aimed at JD, when I do get the chance
> to ride with him, I am going to be planning on a fun trip,
> and I'm going to expect him to be alot more enjoyable to
> ride with in real life, than to talk to on the NG. Any
> challenge would be relatively unimportant, the enjoyment
> of the ride would be the big issue. I'm enjoying talking
> smack about SSers too much, to let
> little thing like who actually wins the challenge to
> concern me :-)
But
> of course, if JD was on a SS at Quiet Waters, I would also
> enjoy having to wait for him to catch up every 5 minutes
> or so :-)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,

thank you for starting my day off with a laugh.

Greg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mountain Bikes