Victor Hugo Pena better than Noval?

steve

Guest
I think so I wonder if postal made a mistake not bringing him along
instead of Noval? - Victor was in yellow last year for a stint and
even then they had him fetching everybodies water.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (steve) wrote:

> I think so I wonder if postal made a mistake not bringing him along
> instead of Noval? - Victor was in yellow last year for a stint and
> even then they had him fetching everybodies water.

Steve, "they" didn't have him fetching water - he did that on his own. I
think you can Google up a discussion or two on this in this group. As for
Noval vs. VH Pena, Bruyneel thought Noval would be a stronger rider this
time. From Cyclingnews:

"As for Noval, I selected fitness over experience. This will be his
first Tour [de France] but he has raced in three Tours of Spain. He is very
professional and very dedicated and will do his job."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/jun04/jun23news

The crash just before the cobbles on Tuesday didn't help Noval a bit.

--
tanx,
Howard

So far, so good, so what?

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

[email protected] (steve) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I think so I wonder if postal made a mistake not bringing him along
> instead of Noval? - Victor was in yellow last year for a stint and
> even then they had him fetching everybodies water.

Yeh, but Peña was in yellow. Noval won't be taking the spotlight off
the mighty one, and besides a rookie will follow orders and, when
told, will take out the chief contenders - ooops, he's already done
that to one of them! and Beltran tried today :)

JFJones wrote:
> [email protected] (steve) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>I think so I wonder if postal made a mistake not bringing him along
>>instead of Noval? - Victor was in yellow last year for a stint and
>>even then they had him fetching everybodies water.

> Yeh, but Peña was in yellow. Noval won't be taking the spotlight off
> the mighty one, and besides a rookie will follow orders and, when
> told, will take out the chief contenders - ooops, he's already done
> that to one of them! and Beltran tried today :)

"Beltran tried today :)"

Details Please!

"steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I think so I wonder if postal made a mistake not bringing him along
> instead of Noval? - Victor was in yellow last year for a stint and
> even then they had him fetching everybodies water.

I don't think Pena would hook Mayo out of contention. They brought the right
guy for the job.

"mani" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> JFJones wrote:
> > [email protected] (steve) wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...

> >>I think so I wonder if postal made a mistake not bringing him along
> >>instead of Noval? - Victor was in yellow last year for a stint and
> >>even then they had him fetching everybodies water.

> > Yeh, but Peña was in yellow. Noval won't be taking the spotlight off
> > the mighty one, and besides a rookie will follow orders and, when
> > told, will take out the chief contenders - ooops, he's already done
> > that to one of them! and Beltran tried today :)

> "Beltran tried today :)"
>
> Details Please!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour04.php?id=photos/2004/tour04/stage5/S-CADUTAVICIOSO-B9576

But he missed - Heras avoided it.

Jeff

[email protected] (steve) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I think so I wonder if postal made a mistake not bringing him along
> instead of Noval? - Victor was in yellow last year for a stint and
> even then they had him fetching everybodies water.

I agree (hard to though with a webtv posted account
up there, yikes!).
Anyway I have been in the Victor lobby.

Maybe Noval will be of super assistance next Wednesday on Stage 10?

-Ken

Jeff Jones wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour04.php?id=photos/2004/tour04/stage5/S-CADUTAVICIOSO-B9576
>
> But he missed - Heras avoided it.

Have US Postal been taking lessons from Iraqi 'insurgents' on suicide
missions and will the next attempt include plastic explosive in the seat
tube ? Or are they just refining the adrenaline theory first proposed on
RBR ? Surely cyclingnews's well funded investigative reporter must have
the scoop on this ?

(K. J. Papai) wrote in message .google.com>...
> steve711@[email protected]>...
> > I think so I wonder if postal made a mistake not bringing him along
> > instead of Noval? - Victor was in yellow last year for a stint and
> > even then they had him fetching everybodies water.

> I agree (hard to though with a webtv posted account
> up there, yikes!).
> Anyway I have been in the Victor lobby.
>
> Maybe Noval will be of super assistance next Wednesday on Stage 10?

Noval was of HUGE ASSISTANCE in today's stage 6
early crash for the 5-time Tour de France *Dominator* from Texas.

-Ken, former Texan, 1988-92