Is Ullrich looking a little bit cooked?

Ernst Noch

Guest
Did anybody else think he doesn't look good on the Aspin ATM, the facial
expression seems to show he has to fight? For a good race, let's hope
it's not like 1998 again.
Pathetic that _my_ heartrate is elevated.

Ernst Noch wrote:

> Did anybody else think he doesn't look good on the Aspin ATM, the facial
> expression seems to show he has to fight? For a good race, let's hope
> it's not like 1998 again.
> Pathetic that _my_ heartrate is elevated.

He's looking fine on the drop down by the river in the front group,
about 10s up on Armstrong.

"Ernst Noch" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Did anybody else think he doesn't look good on the Aspin ATM, the facial
> expression seems to show he has to fight? For a good race, let's hope
> it's not like 1998 again.
> Pathetic that _my_ heartrate is elevated.

Yeah, this is exciting stuff.

M.

"Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Ernst Noch wrote:
>
> > Did anybody else think he doesn't look good on the Aspin ATM, the facial
> > expression seems to show he has to fight? For a good race, let's hope
> > it's not like 1998 again.
> > Pathetic that _my_ heartrate is elevated.

> He's looking fine on the drop down by the river in the front group,
> about 10s up on Armstrong.

Tyler is having a really tough day.

Mike

"Ernst Noch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Did anybody else think he doesn't look good on the Aspin ATM, the facial
> expression seems to show he has to fight? For a good race, let's hope
> it's not like 1998 again.
> Pathetic that _my_ heartrate is elevated.

He looks under cooked to me. He is gambling too much by coming in to the
Tour planning to hit his peak in the third week. I think that he will come
in to form and at that point lose no more time at all to LA or the winner.
He will likely win the final ITT and finish second again. If he wins yellow,
it will now be only if Lance loses big. Jan really f'ed up his training by
not preparing for sudden transitions. I guess it really is true that Becker
sucks as a sports physio. Too bad for Jan he does not have a red white and
black jersey with the support and training knowledge that goes along with
it.

"Ernst Noch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Did anybody else think he doesn't look good on the Aspin ATM, the facial
> expression seems to show he has to fight? For a good race, let's hope
> it's not like 1998 again.
> Pathetic that _my_ heartrate is elevated.

Not enough gas, low octane and not running on all cylinders!

> "Ernst Noch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Did anybody else think he doesn't look good on the Aspin ATM, the facial
> > expression seems to show he has to fight? For a good race, let's hope
> > it's not like 1998 again.
> > Pathetic that _my_ heartrate is elevated.
> >

> He looks under cooked to me. He is gambling too much by coming in to the
> Tour planning to hit his peak in the third week. I think that he will come
> in to form and at that point lose no more time at all to LA or the winner.
> He will likely win the final ITT and finish second again. If he wins yellow,
> it will now be only if Lance loses big. Jan really f'ed up his training by
> not preparing for sudden transitions. I guess it really is true that Becker
> sucks as a sports physio. Too bad for Jan he does not have a red white and
> black jersey with the support and training knowledge that goes along with
> it.

He may be the most talented rider in the group, but just doesn't
dedicate himself to the sport, esp. in the winter. But then, I should
be talking.

M.

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:49:14 -0700, "Chris"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>He looks under cooked to me. He is gambling too much by coming in to the
>Tour planning to hit his peak in the third week. I think that he will come
>in to form and at that point lose no more time at all to LA or the winner.
>He will likely win the final ITT and finish second again. If he wins yellow,
>it will now be only if Lance loses big. Jan really f'ed up his training by
>not preparing for sudden transitions. I guess it really is true that Becker
>sucks as a sports physio. Too bad for Jan he does not have a red white and
>black jersey with the support and training knowledge that goes along with
>it.

You could say the Lance can't beat Ullrich, but Ullrich can lose to
Lance. Unfortunately, for Ullrich, he's made a career of losing to
Lance. Sad really.

Ullrich also doesn't get the support from his team that Lance gets from
his. Could you imagine the **** that would flt if one of Lance's
teammates finished ahead of him? I wonder what's going on with T-Mobile.

In article <[email protected]>, max taylor <m@t> wrote:

> Ullrich also doesn't get the support from his team that Lance gets from
> his. Could you imagine the **** that would flt if one of Lance's
> teammates finished ahead of him? I wonder what's going on with T-Mobile.

I think what's going on with T-Mobile is that they aren't putting all
their eggs in one basket. Kloden coming back to JU wouldn't have helped
Ullrich. He was clearly stronger (or just better) and JU had Guerini there
anyway. Ullrich doesn't seem to think it was so bad:

"Now Kloden is our joker...I've always said I would ride for the best
man on our team, so that's an option if it's not my Tour."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004/tour04/?id=results/stage12

--
tanx,
Howard

So far, so good, so what?

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

>> Ullrich also doesn't get the support from his team that Lance gets from
>> his. Could you imagine the **** that would flt if one of Lance's
>> teammates finished ahead of him? I wonder what's going on with T-Mobile.

> I think what's going on with T-Mobile is that they aren't putting all
>their eggs in one basket. Kloden coming back to JU wouldn't have helped
>Ullrich. He was clearly stronger (or just better) and JU had Guerini there
>anyway. Ullrich doesn't seem to think it was so bad:
>
> "Now Kloden is our joker...I've always said I would ride for the best
>man on our team, so that's an option if it's not my Tour."
>
>http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004/tour04/?id=results/stage12

Exactly, reminded me of the Hinault/Lemond/Ruttiman "setup" on the way
up to Luz Ardiden in 1985.

Howard Kveck wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, max taylor <m@t> wrote:
>

>>Ullrich also doesn't get the support from his team that Lance gets from
>>his. Could you imagine the **** that would flt if one of Lance's
>>teammates finished ahead of him? I wonder what's going on with T-Mobile.

> I think what's going on with T-Mobile is that they aren't putting all
> their eggs in one basket.

The difference is if another Postal wins, it's a failure, as they didn't
get the record. With Telekom, whoever wins, it's fine.

It didn't matter anyway -- teammates give no better draft than ex-teammates. He had
company.

Dan