You'd think Ullrich would try something new

Jiyang Chen

Guest
From Cyclingnews:

"It was sunny at the start, but then the rain came and it's not good for
me. I have large thigh muscles and they tighten up in the rain. Already
on the Col d'Aspin, I wasn't feeling that good and I knew then that I
would have to fight all the way to the finish to keep the gap close."

Why doesn't he wear a wetsuit? Or Gore-tex ski pants? Or portable
electronic leg warmers that heat up the muscles?

Jiyang Chen

"Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> From Cyclingnews:
>
> "It was sunny at the start, but then the rain came and it's not good for
> me. I have large thigh muscles and they tighten up in the rain. Already
> on the Col d'Aspin, I wasn't feeling that good and I knew then that I
> would have to fight all the way to the finish to keep the gap close."
>

> Why doesn't he wear a wetsuit? Or Gore-tex ski pants? Or portable
> electronic leg warmers that heat up the muscles?

Wetsuit? Neoprene would be like a straight jacket. Once years ago I thought
about the idea but I didn't even like the neoprene socks I got from Nashbar.
They cut off the blood. I couldn't imagine wearing neoprene for anything
related to cycling, and it don't breathe either. Gore tex ski pants in the
Tour? That's funny! Leg warmers, yes and arm warmers too.

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:41:51 -0700, "Sierraman" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>They cut off the blood. I couldn't imagine
> wearing neoprene for anything
> related to cycling,

I've used a couple pairs of neoprene booties that were really good.
And I have neoprene gloves that are very good for special situations
(40F and colder with rain).

JT