New OYB email list for DIY culture variety!

Jeff Potter

Guest
I just set up an email list for people to use to share do-it-yourself
culture stories.

Just send an email with the message "subscribe oyb" to
[email protected] and yer in.

Basically anything that you might find at the
http://outyourbackdoor.com website is fair game. It's a big tent list.

Do you ever feel hemmed in by specialized email lists? Let's see what
happens with a broad one.

OYB is a magazine that's a small-world version of "Outside" magazine:
general interest and hands-on yet with culture and ideas. But unlike
the fancy mag, OYB is real world and open access. It's about the nifty
things people really do and find.

If you like (or might like) magazines like Messing About In Boats,
Rivendell Reader, Primitive Archer, Silent Sports, Asphalt, Recumbent
Cyclist News, Velo Vision, Vintage Bicycle Quarterly, Backwoodsman,
Bust, Giant Robot, Cometbus, SlushPile, Rollerderby...Mountain
Gazette...the old Canoe...the old Mountain Gazette...check out OYB.

And if you have stories along these lines itching to get out, or just
want to hang out with folks who are keeping their eyes pealed for
inside info on subjects like all this, the OYB Action List is at your
service!

I'm guessing we'll see a mix of posts about bikes, boats, skis, books,
movies, music, food, all with an affordable, personal angle.

---Jeff Potter, OYB codependent

Jeff Potter wrote:
> I just set up an email list for people to use to share do-it-yourself
> culture stories.

Ewwww!

Bill "too much CSI" S.

Jeff Potter wrote:
> I just set up an email list for people to use to share do-it-yourself
> culture stories.
>
> Just send an email with the message "subscribe oyb" to
> [email protected] and yer in.
>
> Basically anything that you might find at the
> http://outyourbackdoor.com website is fair game. It's a big tent list.
>
> Do you ever feel hemmed in by specialized email lists? Let's see what
> happens with a broad one.
>
> OYB is a magazine that's a small-world version of "Outside" magazine:
> general interest and hands-on yet with culture and ideas. But unlike
> the fancy mag, OYB is real world and open access. It's about the nifty
> things people really do and find.
>
> If you like (or might like) magazines like Messing About In Boats,
> Rivendell Reader, Primitive Archer, Silent Sports, Asphalt, Recumbent
> Cyclist News, Velo Vision, Vintage Bicycle Quarterly, Backwoodsman,
> Bust, Giant Robot, Cometbus, SlushPile, Rollerderby...Mountain
> Gazette...the old Canoe...the old Mountain Gazette...check out OYB.
>
> And if you have stories along these lines itching to get out, or just
> want to hang out with folks who are keeping their eyes pealed for
> inside info on subjects like all this, the OYB Action List is at your
> service!
>
> I'm guessing we'll see a mix of posts about bikes, boats, skis, books,
> movies, music, food, all with an affordable, personal angle.
>
> ---Jeff Potter, OYB codependent

I'm game, especially since I'm a "culture and values" kinda guy. But I
think "do-it-yourself-culture" is a tongue-in-cheek nonsequitor, right?
Well, my "apartmental" culture involves a cold beer while I watch the
Tour de France, decanted cannily into a $1 glass I bought at the Dollar
Store, and an "Air Bed" propped against the wall, that I'm noo lazy to
deflate. (Actually, I'm too lazy to re-inflate it and too cheap to buy
one of those electric air pumps.)

I also just converted to the Mozilla-Thunderbird Email/Newsgroup client,
because I got tire of using the MS bugware, and I never did like Agent
all that much, in spite of the hype.

I wonder if my signature is going to show up. If not you can email me
at [email protected] as long as you cut the "tail."