For the single and fixed....

Was expecting a link for the "Vasectomy Dating Service".

Bill "slow morning" S.

[email protected] (supabonbon) wrote

> http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/white-hubs.html
>
> hmmm....

"Note that the offset will effectively raise the rear end of the bike a bit, and will move the rim
downward with respect to your rear brake, if you use one, so some adjustment may be required, and
some frame/brake combinations may not work."

Seems to me an eccentric BB makes more sense...

CC

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> [email protected] (supabonbon) wrote
>
>>http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/white-hubs.html
>>
>>hmmm....
>

> "Note that the offset will effectively raise the rear end of the bike a bit, and will move the rim
> downward with respect to your rear brake, if you use one, so some adjustment may be required, and
> some frame/brake combinations may not work."
>
> Seems to me an eccentric BB makes more sense...
>
> CC

Definitely does if you're buying a SS frame - plus, you can use disk brakes if you want as well.

However, for a conversion, especially on a frame without disk tabs, it makes a lot of sense. I'd
much rather have one of those than a chain tensioner sticking out waiting to be ripped off!

Jon Bond might have to look into one of those if he can't find a buyer for his hardtail...

Sorni wrote:
> Was expecting a link for the "Vasectomy Dating Service".

Once "interested" women know you are both married _and_ snipped they can become very aggresive in
thier advances....... so I hear.

<< "Note that the offset will effectively raise the rear end of the bike a bit, and will move the
rim downward with respect to your rear brake, if you use one, so some adjustment may be required,
and some frame/brake combinations may not work."

Seems to me an eccentric BB makes more sense... CC

Or you can set the ENO hub to effectively lower the rear & move the rim upward. The offset is
7.5mm so it's not a lot of difference, usually less than
7.5mm.An eccentric BB is easier with disc brakes, I guess, but for rim brakes the offset doesn't
matter. Anyway, the whole idea behind the ENO hub is you can run your normal frame (with
vertical dropouts) as a SS or fixed *without modification.*

In practice it works great, never slips and it's very quick & easy to set chain tension. I have
a ton of rides on mine on my SS mountain bike, an old Fat City Ti Fat. IMO, this is the best
way to go SS. bruce in northern NJ