or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vindec High Riser?

post #1 of 8
I have just been given a Vindec High Riser. It looks like a
Raleigh Chopper with all the same parts but has the VINDEC
head tube badge. I know its made by Brown Brothers Ltd in
the UK but other than that, very little. The Sturmy Archer 3
spd hub is dated 3 76.

Any help would be most appreciated,

Matt
post #2 of 8

Re: Vindec High Riser?

"matt" <mthayre@euobell.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have just been given a Vindec High Riser. It looks like
> a Raleigh
Chopper
> with all the same parts but has the VINDEC head tube
> badge. I know its
made
> by Brown Brothers Ltd in the UK but other than that, very
> little. The
Sturmy
> Archer 3 spd hub is dated 3 76.
>
> Any help would be most appreciated,

Help with what?
post #3 of 8

Re: Vindec High Riser?

Who were they? Where were they? Why is it a Chopper copy?
The list goes on... I want to know some history. Ive never
see one before.
post #4 of 8

> Who were they? Where were they? Why is it a Chopper copy?
> The list goes on... I want to know some history. Ive never
> see one before.

Try e-mailing these guys: nemusclebikes@yahoo.com

Their site: http://www.nemusclebikes.com/picoverview
http://www.nemusclebikes.com/thebikes5

Going to put knobby tires on it?
post #5 of 8

Re: Vindec High Riser?

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt
I have just been given a Vindec High Riser. It looks like a
Raleigh Chopper with all the same parts but has the VINDEC
head tube badge. I know its made by Brown Brothers Ltd in
the UK but other than that, very little. The Sturmy Archer 3
spd hub is dated 3 76.

Any help would be most appreciated,

Matt
Matt
My Dad bought 2 brand new in about 1971 for me & my twin Bro. They were far cheaper than the MK1 Chopper at the time. Ours were bright yellow and attracted a lot of attention as no other kids had them back then, i've never seen or heard of one since. I don't know what happened to them, but I wish I still had mine. From memory they were bought before the Mk11 Chopper came out, but had the same "T" gear shift lever as the MK11 Chopper. They were lighter and far quicker than Choppers. The main thing I can remember is that whenever you hit a big bump, the seat used to fly up in the air and the springs flew everywhere. I'd love to see a photo.

I really wanted a Chopper back then, so ive just bought a 1974 Mk11. I would definitely fancy another High Riser though.

Andy
post #6 of 8

"VINDEC"    HI I LIKE ALL OLD AND VINTAGE BIKES ,IVE JUST MADE A FORUM ALL ABOUT THE RARE "VINDEC" BICYCLES I LOVE SO MUCH THERE IS NOT MUCH ABOUT THE GREAT BRITISH BIKES SO I PULLED MY COLLECTION OF BROCHURES OUT AND MADE A FORUM TO SHOW THE PICTURES OF QUITE A FEW VINDECS THAT I OWN ,THEY MOSTLY HAVE ENOUTH INFO TO BRING BACK THE OLD BIKES TO THE FORMER GLORY,LETS KEEP THEM ALIVE AND NOT FORGOTTEN ABOUT ,COME AND JOIN   http://vindecbicycles.proboards.com/index.cgi    THANKS:)

Edited by jimmytony - 11/23/10 at 2:13pm
post #7 of 8

hi the vindec high riser came out in 1970 and branch off to shops were they called them there own name .like panther ..bronco ,and so on :

post #8 of 8

Hi, I've just been given a vindec high riser. Its for sale if anyone wants it. Great working condition but not spotless

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mountain Bikes