Forget about Eddie Merckx. He only won five Tour de France.

Ronde Champ

Guest
Hey,

Eddy Merckx was only able to win five Tour de France. Lance Armstrong
has won six. Total stage wins, days in yellow, or even wins in other
bicycle competitions is not the discussion.

If The Cannibal wants to compare to Lance, he will have to dust of
his bicycle, lose the fat ass, and enter the 2005 edition of the
World's Most Grueling Sporting Event.

That smelly Belgian might have been good in his simplistic era, but
would be among the roadside trash (Beloki, Vino, Simoni, Heras,
Botero, Mayo, Hamilton, etc..) that finds themselves talking the big
talk in June, only to look like quitters, weaklings, and other various
sacks of **** by mid July every year.

Lance Armstrong is the most winning Tour de France champion in the
history of the world. Fixed carnival kermesse's that pad a career
total don't enter the picture here.

Thanks,
Ronde Champ

> Hey,
>
> Eddy Merckx was only able to win five Tour de France. Lance Armstrong
> has won six. Total stage wins, days in yellow, or even wins in other
> bicycle competitions is not the discussion.
>
> If The Cannibal wants to compare to Lance, he will have to dust of
> his bicycle, lose the fat ass, and enter the 2005 edition of the
> World's Most Grueling Sporting Event.
>
> That smelly Belgian might have been good in his simplistic era, but
> would be among the roadside trash (Beloki, Vino, Simoni, Heras,
> Botero, Mayo, Hamilton, etc..) that finds themselves talking the big
> talk in June, only to look like quitters, weaklings, and other various
> sacks of **** by mid July every year.
>
> Lance Armstrong is the most winning Tour de France champion in the
> history of the world. Fixed carnival kermesse's that pad a career
> total don't enter the picture here.
>
> Thanks,
> Ronde Champ

These things have to be said. Cycling fans must stop speaking in
whispers.

Ronde Champ wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Eddy Merckx was only able to win five Tour de France. Lance Armstrong
> has won six. Total stage wins, days in yellow, or even wins in other
> bicycle competitions is not the discussion.

Merckx had a heavier bike,think about that.

> If The Cannibal wants to compare to Lance, he will have to dust of
> his bicycle, lose the fat ass, and enter the 2005 edition of the
> World's Most Grueling Sporting Event.

Yeah but Lance will have to ride Paris Roubaix.
His skinny ass will break.

> That smelly Belgian might have been good in his simplistic era, but
> would be among the roadside trash (Beloki, Vino, Simoni, Heras,
> Botero, Mayo, Hamilton, etc..) that finds themselves talking the big
> talk in June, only to look like quitters, weaklings, and other various
> sacks of **** by mid July every year.

Yeah,of course,you're so right,look a fatboy Jan??
The French are loving Lance#6 anyway,that's all that counts.

> Lance Armstrong is the most winning Tour de France champion in the
> history of the world. Fixed carnival kermesse's that pad a career
> total don't enter the picture here.

What about fixed Tour De France wins and dodgy drug allegations from
your own TDF winning countrymen,do they count??

> Thanks,

My Pleas'

--

[email protected] (Ronde Champ) wrote:

>Hey,
>
> Eddy Merckx was only able to win five Tour de France. Lance Armstrong
>has won six.

Tour de France is just one race, not even the top one.

Milano-San Remo, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Paris-Roubaix, Liège-Bastogne-Liège
and Giro di Lombardia are the real deal, the only immortal races. In a few
years, when France will be a muslim republic, there won't any TdF anymore.
The monuments are immortal, the only cycling races that are doomed to last
forever.

Not just Merckx, but DeVlaeminck, Museeuw, Van Steenbergen, Van Looy etc...
were all superior to Armstrong by far.

Ronde Champ wrote:
> Lance Armstrong has won six.

He has?

"Ronde Champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey,
>
> Eddy Merckx was only able to win five Tour de France. Lance Armstrong
> has won six. Total stage wins, days in yellow, or even wins in other
> bicycle competitions is not the discussion.
>
> If The Cannibal wants to compare to Lance, he will have to dust of
> his bicycle, lose the fat ass, and enter the 2005 edition of the
> World's Most Grueling Sporting Event.
>
> That smelly Belgian might have been good in his simplistic era, but
> would be among the roadside trash (Beloki, Vino, Simoni, Heras,
> Botero, Mayo, Hamilton, etc..) that finds themselves talking the big
> talk in June, only to look like quitters, weaklings, and other various
> sacks of **** by mid July every year.
>
> Lance Armstrong is the most winning Tour de France champion in the
> history of the world. Fixed carnival kermesse's that pad a career
> total don't enter the picture here.
>
> Thanks,
> Ronde Champ

You be slacking on your meds again and your brainwashed by the krill. What
the hell happened? I thought you were getting better?

[email protected] (Davide Tosi) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Ronde Champ) wrote:
>
> >Hey,
> >
> > Eddy Merckx was only able to win five Tour de France. Lance Armstrong
> >has won six.

> Tour de France is just one race, not even the top one.

What, what planet are living on.... I agree that the TDF has far to
much influence on the rest of the season. On the otherhand the TDF is
almost in class by itself. Merckx and Lance have said essentially the
same thing.

> Milano-San Remo, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Paris-Roubaix, Liège-Bastogne-Liège
> and Giro di Lombardia are the real deal, the only immortal races. In a few
> years, when France will be a muslim republic, there won't any TdF anymore.
> The monuments are immortal, the only cycling races that are doomed to last
> forever.
>
> Not just Merckx, but DeVlaeminck, Museeuw, Van Steenbergen, Van Looy etc...
> were all superior to Armstrong by far.

[email protected] (Davide Tosi) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Ronde Champ) wrote:
>
> >Hey,
> >
> > Eddy Merckx was only able to win five Tour de France. Lance Armstrong
> >has won six.

> Tour de France is just one race, not even the top one.
>
> Milano-San Remo, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Paris-Roubaix, Liège-Bastogne-Liège
> and Giro di Lombardia are the real deal, the only immortal races. In a few
> years, when France will be a muslim republic, there won't any TdF anymore.
> The monuments are immortal, the only cycling races that are doomed to last
> forever.
>
> Not just Merckx, but DeVlaeminck, Museeuw, Van Steenbergen, Van Looy etc...
> were all superior to Armstrong by far.

Let me translate this so you Americans can ubderstand: The Super Bowl
is just one game , not even the top one. When the Saints play the
Detroit Lions in October, or when Pittsberg plays Oakland in
preseason, those are the immortal games. Got it?

[email protected][email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Ronde Champ) wrote:

> > Eddy Merckx was only able to win five Tour de France. Lance Armstrong
> >has won six.

> Tour de France is just one race, not even the top one.
>
> Milano-San Remo, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Paris-Roubaix, Liège-Bastogne-Liège
> and Giro di Lombardia are the real deal, the only immortal races. In a few
> years, when France will be a muslim republic, there won't any TdF anymore.
> The monuments are immortal, the only cycling races that are doomed to last
> forever.

Your are one harsh, cruel, mean, sad & delusional person Tosi!
I've never met an Italian as depressing as you.

-Ken

> Not just Merckx, but DeVlaeminck, Museeuw, Van Steenbergen, Van Looy etc...
> were all superior to Armstrong by far.

Whatever....
********.

-Ken again.

"Mutamam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Davide Tosi) wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (Ronde Champ) wrote:
> >
> > >Hey,
> > >
> > > Eddy Merckx was only able to win five Tour de France. Lance Armstrong
> > >has won six.

> > Tour de France is just one race, not even the top one.
> >
> > Milano-San Remo, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Paris-Roubaix,

Liège-Bastogne-Liège
> > and Giro di Lombardia are the real deal, the only immortal races. In a

few
> > years, when France will be a muslim republic, there won't any TdF

anymore.
> > The monuments are immortal, the only cycling races that are doomed to

last
> > forever.
> >
> > Not just Merckx, but DeVlaeminck, Museeuw, Van Steenbergen, Van Looy

etc...
> > were all superior to Armstrong by far.

> Let me translate this so you Americans can ubderstand: The Super Bowl
> is just one game , not even the top one. When the Saints play the
> Detroit Lions in October, or when Pittsberg plays Oakland in
> preseason, those are the immortal games. Got it?

Biggest one day game ever was when Sea Biscuit beat War Admiral in a match
race. Over 40 million fans were listening to it by radio. For the population
at the time, over a quarter of the populus, this is not possible in out
time. Even the Tour and the Superbowl is a joke compared to this. Joke only
in comparsion by the numbers, not to take away from the tour. Also I believe
some famous matches like the Thriller in Manilla and maybe some of the old
greats who boxed also recieved a huge audience by radio. Not sure if Ali and
Big George was on the radio, more like the pay per view at local movie
houses, and cable.

"Mutamam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Davide Tosi) wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (Ronde Champ) wrote:
> >
> > >Hey,
> > >
> > > Eddy Merckx was only able to win five Tour de France. Lance Armstrong
> > >has won six.

> > Tour de France is just one race, not even the top one.
> >
> > Milano-San Remo, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Paris-Roubaix,

Liège-Bastogne-Liège
> > and Giro di Lombardia are the real deal, the only immortal races. In a

few
> > years, when France will be a muslim republic, there won't any TdF

anymore.
> > The monuments are immortal, the only cycling races that are doomed to

last
> > forever.
> >
> > Not just Merckx, but DeVlaeminck, Museeuw, Van Steenbergen, Van Looy

etc...
> > were all superior to Armstrong by far.

DeVlaeminck was impressive.

> Let me translate this so you Americans can ubderstand: The Super Bowl
> is just one game , not even the top one. When the Saints play the
> Detroit Lions in October, or when Pittsberg plays Oakland in
> preseason, those are the immortal games. Got it?

[email protected] (Davide Tosi) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Ronde Champ) wrote:
>
> >Hey,
> >
> > Eddy Merckx was only able to win five Tour de France. Lance Armstrong
> >has won six.

> Tour de France is just one race, not even the top one.
>
> Milano-San Remo, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Paris-Roubaix, Liège-Bastogne-Liège
> and Giro di Lombardia are the real deal, the only immortal races. In a few
> years, when France will be a muslim republic, there won't any TdF anymore.
> The monuments are immortal, the only cycling races that are doomed to last
> forever.
>
> Not just Merckx, but DeVlaeminck, Museeuw, Van Steenbergen, Van Looy etc...
> were all superior to Armstrong by far.

I see you're at least one European that's paying attention Davide.
What's Italy going to do with its Muslim problem? Probably go belly up
as well?

[email protected] (Ronde Champ) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hey,
>
> Eddy Merckx was only able to win five Tour de France. Lance Armstrong
> has won six. Total stage wins, days in yellow, or even wins in other
> bicycle competitions is not the discussion.
>
> If The Cannibal wants to compare to Lance, he will have to dust of
> his bicycle, lose the fat ass, and enter the 2005 edition of the
> World's Most Grueling Sporting Event.
>
> That smelly Belgian might have been good in his simplistic era, but
> would be among the roadside trash (Beloki, Vino, Simoni, Heras,
> Botero, Mayo, Hamilton, etc..) that finds themselves talking the big
> talk in June, only to look like quitters, weaklings, and other various
> sacks of **** by mid July every year.
>
> Lance Armstrong is the most winning Tour de France champion in the
> history of the world. Fixed carnival kermesse's that pad a career
> total don't enter the picture here.
>
> Thanks,
> Ronde Champ

You should call yourself "Ronde Chump", because everything you say is gibberish.

[email protected] (Ronde Champ) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hey,
>
> Eddy Merckx was only able to win five Tour de France. Lance Armstrong
> has won six. Total stage wins, days in yellow, or even wins in other
> bicycle competitions is not the discussion.
>
> If The Cannibal wants to compare to Lance, he will have to dust of
> his bicycle, lose the fat ass, and enter the 2005 edition of the
> World's Most Grueling Sporting Event.
>
> That smelly Belgian might have been good in his simplistic era, but
> would be among the roadside trash (Beloki, Vino, Simoni, Heras,
> Botero, Mayo, Hamilton, etc..) that finds themselves talking the big
> talk in June, only to look like quitters, weaklings, and other various
> sacks of **** by mid July every year.
>
> Lance Armstrong is the most winning Tour de France champion in the
> history of the world. Fixed carnival kermesse's that pad a career
> total don't enter the picture here.
>
> Thanks,
> Ronde Champ

You must be on heavy drugs Ronde..or delusional..or both
Why does anyone mention Merckx in the same paragraph with Armstrong?
Merckx won:
Championnat du Monde- 3 times
Championnat de Belgique - i time
Milan-S.R. - 7 times
Tour de Flandres- 2 times
Paris-Roubaix- 3 times
Liege-Bastogne-Liege- 5 times
Gold Race - 2 times
Tour de Lombardie - 2 times
Circuit Het Volk - 2 times
Gand-Wevelgem - 3 times
Fleche Wallone - 3 times
Paris-Bruxelles- 1 time
G.P. de L'Escaut- 1 time
Henninget Turm - 1 time
Tour de France - 5 times
Tour d'Italie - 5 times
Tour de Suisse- 1 time
Tour d'Espagne- 1 time
Tour de Belgique - 2 times
Criterium du Dauphine - 1 time
G.P. du Fourmies - 1 time
G.P. du Midi Libre - 1 time
Paris-Nice - 3 times
Tour de Morbihan - 1 time
Tour Mediterraneen - 1 time
Semaine Catalane - 2 times
Tour de Catalogne - 1 time
Tour du Levant - 1 time
Tour de Sardaigne - 4 times
Tour de Romandie - 1 time
Paris-Luxembourg - 1 time
Championnat de Flandres - 1 time
Circuit de la vallee de la Lys- 1 time
Fleche Brabanconne - 1 time
G.P. Cerami- Wasmuel- 1 time
Prix de Cloture-Putte Kapellen- 1 time
G.P. Union Dortmund - 2 times
Copa Agostini - 1 time
Trofeo Laigueglia - 2 times
G.P. des Nations - 1 time
G.P. Lugano - 1 time
Trophee Baracchi - 3 times
Montjuich - 6 times
A travers Lausanne - 4 times
Criterium des As - 3 times
Chateaulin - 3 times

And those are only the principal victories; he won over 300 races.

Andre

[email protected] (Tom Kunich) wrote:

>[email protected] (Davide Tosi) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> [email protected] (Ronde Champ) wrote:
>>
>> >Hey,
>> >
>> > Eddy Merckx was only able to win five Tour de France. Lance Armstrong
>> >has won six.

>> Tour de France is just one race, not even the top one.
>>
>> Milano-San Remo, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Paris-Roubaix, Liège-Bastogne-Liège
>> and Giro di Lombardia are the real deal, the only immortal races. In a few
>> years, when France will be a muslim republic, there won't any TdF anymore.
>> The monuments are immortal, the only cycling races that are doomed to last
>> forever.
>>
>> Not just Merckx, but DeVlaeminck, Museeuw, Van Steenbergen, Van Looy etc...
>> were all superior to Armstrong by far.

>I see you're at least one European that's paying attention Davide.
>What's Italy going to do with its Muslim problem? Probably go belly up
>as well?

No. Thanks to presence of the great Bossi and his Lega Nord (Northern
League) in the government, we adopted a strong anti-immigration law, with
immediate expulsion of the ones that do not adapt to our laws. It is
working and in fact we are managing to have more immigrants from East
Europe (those people are essentially like us, so they integrate well) or
China than from the muslim countries. A few imams had already been sent
back to where they come from. The ones that are still here had their
communities widely infiltrated by Secret Services. The local populations,
authorities and judges are also well resisting most requests to have the
muslim traditions introduced in public situations (like ramadan been
recognized as a school holiday or no pork in canteens).
Also, the numbers are not nearly like the ones in France. If you exclude
Albanians (who are formally muslims, but you never see one of them in a
mosque, and they hate real muslims) muslims in Italy are less than 1% of
Italy's residents.

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 05:03:37 GMT, [email protected] (Davide Tosi) wrote:

>[email protected] (Tom Kunich) wrote:
>
>>[email protected] (Davide Tosi) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

>>> Tour de France is just one race, not even the top one.
>>>
>>> Milano-San Remo, Ronde van Vlaanderen, Paris-Roubaix, Liège-Bastogne-Liège
>>> and Giro di Lombardia are the real deal, the only immortal races. In a few
>>> years, when France will be a muslim republic, there won't any TdF anymore.
>>> The monuments are immortal, the only cycling races that are doomed to last
>>> forever.
>>>
>>> Not just Merckx, but DeVlaeminck, Museeuw, Van Steenbergen, Van Looy etc...
>>> were all superior to Armstrong by far.

>>I see you're at least one European that's paying attention Davide.
>>What's Italy going to do with its Muslim problem? Probably go belly up
>>as well?

>No. Thanks to presence of the great Bossi and his Lega Nord (Northern
>League) in the government, we adopted a strong anti-immigration law, with
>immediate expulsion of the ones that do not adapt to our laws. It is
>working and in fact we are managing to have more immigrants from East
>Europe (those people are essentially like us, so they integrate well) or
>China than from the muslim countries. A few imams had already been sent
>back to where they come from. The ones that are still here had their
>communities widely infiltrated by Secret Services. The local populations,
>authorities and judges are also well resisting most requests to have the
>muslim traditions introduced in public situations (like ramadan been
>recognized as a school holiday or no pork in canteens).
>Also, the numbers are not nearly like the ones in France. If you exclude
>Albanians (who are formally muslims, but you never see one of them in a
>mosque, and they hate real muslims) muslims in Italy are less than 1% of
>Italy's residents.

Thanks for the perspective. Oreana Fallachi (sp?) was painting a far bleaker
picture only a few years ago.

Ron

"Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Tom Kunich) wrote:
> No. Thanks to presence of the great Bossi and his Lega Nord (Northern
> League) in the government, we adopted a strong anti-immigration law, with
> immediate expulsion of the ones that do not adapt to our laws. It is
> working and in fact we are managing to have more immigrants from East
> Europe (those people are essentially like us, so they integrate well) or
> China than from the muslim countries. A few imams had already been sent

What does that have to do with Bike Racing????

RonSonic <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 05:03:37 GMT, [email protected] (Davide Tosi) wrote:
>
>>[email protected] (Tom Kunich) wrote:

>>>I see you're at least one European that's paying attention Davide.
>>>What's Italy going to do with its Muslim problem? Probably go belly up
>>>as well?

>>No. Thanks to presence of the great Bossi and his Lega Nord (Northern
>>League) in the government, we adopted a strong anti-immigration law, with
>>immediate expulsion of the ones that do not adapt to our laws. It is
>>working and in fact we are managing to have more immigrants from East
>>Europe (those people are essentially like us, so they integrate well) or
>>China than from the muslim countries. A few imams had already been sent
>>back to where they come from. The ones that are still here had their
>>communities widely infiltrated by Secret Services. The local populations,
>>authorities and judges are also well resisting most requests to have the
>>muslim traditions introduced in public situations (like ramadan been
>>recognized as a school holiday or no pork in canteens).
>>Also, the numbers are not nearly like the ones in France. If you exclude
>>Albanians (who are formally muslims, but you never see one of them in a
>>mosque, and they hate real muslims) muslims in Italy are less than 1% of
>>Italy's residents.

>Thanks for the perspective. Oreana Fallachi (sp?) was painting a far bleaker
>picture only a few years ago.

A few years ago a different, left wing, government was in charge.

Davide Tosi <[email protected]> wrote:
> RonSonic <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>No. Thanks to presence of the great Bossi and his Lega Nord (Northern
>>>League) in the government, we adopted a strong anti-immigration law, with
>>>immediate expulsion of the ones that do not adapt to our laws. It is
>>>working and in fact we are managing to have more immigrants from East
>>>Europe (those people are essentially like us, so they integrate well) or
>>>China than from the muslim countries. A few imams had already been sent
>>>back to where they come from. The ones that are still here had their
>>>communities widely infiltrated by Secret Services. The local populations,
>>>authorities and judges are also well resisting most requests to have the
>>>muslim traditions introduced in public situations (like ramadan been
>>>recognized as a school holiday or no pork in canteens).
>>>Also, the numbers are not nearly like the ones in France. If you exclude
>>>Albanians (who are formally muslims, but you never see one of them in a
>>>mosque, and they hate real muslims) muslims in Italy are less than 1% of
>>>Italy's residents.

>>Thanks for the perspective. Oreana Fallachi (sp?) was painting a far bleaker
>>picture only a few years ago.

> A few years ago a different, left wing, government was in charge.

Fortunately, cretino Berlusconi is in something...