Cycling in the sun

dannyfrankszzz

New Member
Mar 8, 2003
Hi, I'm planning to a go on a cheap package holiday in the Med later this month or in September - a last minute thing. Rather than just sitting in the sun the whole time, I was thinking of taking my bike with me and doing some rides.

Can anyone recommend a good location to go to?

I think I heard that Corfu can be good.

dannyfrankszzz <[email protected]> wrote:

: Can anyone recommend a good location to go to?

Mallorca is really really good for cycling.

Sardinia is ment to be very good but I've not been there myself

--
Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org
- Paulina Borsook

On 16 Aug 2004 08:25:17 GMT, Arthur Clune wrote:

> dannyfrankszzz <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>: Can anyone recommend a good location to go to?
>
> Mallorca is really really good for cycling.
>
> Sardinia is ment to be very good but I've not been there myself

Yes, Sardinia is good. Corsica is more scenic but also more mountainous.
The area around Riccione on the Italian Adriatic seems to have a good
infrastructure. See:

http://www.riccionebikehotels.it/en/index.jsp

--
Michael MacClancy
Random putdown - "I feel so miserable without you, it's almost like having

"dannyfrankszzz" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Hi, I'm planning to a go on a cheap package holiday in the Med later
> this month or in September - a last minute thing. Rather than just
> sitting in the sun the whole time, I was thinking of taking my bike
> with me and doing some rides.
>
> Can anyone recommend a good location to go to?
>
> I think I heard that Corfu can be good.
>

> --
>There isn't that much to Corfu but the roads are quiet away from the

capital and airport drag. Not much in the way of interesting hills. Lots of
loose dogs in the towns.
Cyprus is much better.
The Algarve has lots of good quiet roads away from the coast - but again
loose dogs are a pain.
The Dijon area of France or Champagne/Ardennes are superb.

Cliff

Michael MacClancy wrote:
> The area around Riccione on the Italian Adriatic seems to have a good
> infrastructure.

Several members of the club I ride with went there recently and came
back with very favourable reports, much of which has been put up on the
club website:
<URL:http://www.canterburycycleclub.net/riccione.htm>
<URL:http://www.canterburycycleclub.net/riccione2.htm>

d.

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:07:04 GMT, "Clifford Griffiths" <clifford.g@no
luncheonmeatblueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>"dannyfrankszzz" <[email protected]>
>wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Hi, I'm planning to a go on a cheap package holiday in the Med later
>> this month or in September - a last minute thing. Rather than just
>> sitting in the sun the whole time, I was thinking of taking my bike
>> with me and doing some rides.
>>
>> Can anyone recommend a good location to go to?
>>
>> I think I heard that Corfu can be good.
>>

>> --
>>There isn't that much to Corfu but the roads are quiet away from the

>capital and airport drag. Not much in the way of interesting hills. Lots of
>loose dogs in the towns.
>Cyprus is much better.
>The Algarve has lots of good quiet roads away from the coast - but again
>loose dogs are a pain.

is there such a thing as anti-dog repellent for those situations ?

Arthur Clune wrote:

> dannyfrankszzz <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> : Can anyone recommend a good location to go to?
>
> Mallorca is really really good for cycling.
>
> Sardinia is ment to be very good but I've not been there myself

Sardinia is superb - it was the first place I managed to get my wife to
go cycle camping.

But Corsica is even better - mountains, plains, scenery, history, no
tower blocks...
Its probably the best place I've been cycle-touring and it has drawn me
back many times.

Shame its fren...... ;-)

John B