WTB: rigid fork to replace suspension fork

Richard InNwa

Guest
I'm seeking a (1 1/8" threadless steerer tube) rigid fork to replace
an "RST Capa CL". The bike (my girlfriend's) is a 2003 15" (seat tube)
"men's" Specialized Hardrock CrMo. Any ideas?

> I'm seeking a (1 1/8" threadless steerer tube) rigid fork to replace
> an "RST Capa CL". The bike (my girlfriend's) is a 2003 15" (seat tube)
> "men's" Specialized Hardrock CrMo. Any ideas?

You could dump your girlfriend. Problem solved.

"Richard InNwa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm seeking a (1 1/8" threadless steerer tube) rigid fork to replace
> an "RST Capa CL". The bike (my girlfriend's) is a 2003 15" (seat tube)
> "men's" Specialized Hardrock CrMo. Any ideas?

Usually the rigid forks and suspension forks are different lengths. Your
frame is designed for the length of fork it is supplied with. If you put a
different length fork on, it will change the headtube angle and thus the
steering/handling of the bike.

Better check the fork length on the fork you are considering as compared to
the one on the bike now and find out if it will make a difference in
handling that you can live with.

Mish