or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Mountain Bikes › Why Can't Mountain Bikers EVER Tell the TRUTH???!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why Can't Mountain Bikers EVER Tell the TRUTH???! - Page 3

post #31 of 58
Thread Starter 

Re: Why Can't Mountain Bikers EVER Tell the TRUTH???!

On Fri, 21 May 2004 17:19:23 GMT, MudGrrl <usenet-forum@cyclingforums.com>
wrote:

.After reading yesterday's post (Why don't Mountain Bikers
Get It?) and .today's post....... . . . .I am gonna go out
and buy the biggest knobbiest tires and trapse all .over
this green Earth. . .Then I'm gonna kick a tree!!!! . . .I
did check Mike's site out, as it is always good to try to
learn what .the opposition is specifically fighting for...
Listening is the first .part of any compromise, you know? .
. .This guy doesn't want to compromise. He doesn't even want
to listen.

I DO listen, which is why I know exactly how aggressive,
belligerent, dishonest, and destructive mountain bikers are.

.I admire Karsen's willingness to extend dialogue. . .I am
also happy that I am not talking to Mr. Mike Vandeman, PHD.
. . .-Heather Craig, PHD . .(I do not have a PHD, but
find it rather humorous that Mike seems to .have added it as
a last name)

===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits
to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the
previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road
construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
post #32 of 58
Thread Starter 

Re: Why Can't Mountain Bikers EVER Tell the TRUTH???!

On Thu, 27 May 2004 05:11:30 -0400, "Marty" <martees@chesint.net> wrote:

. ."Tetsuo Shima" <TetsuoShima@hotmail.com> wrote in message
.news:2hk6kaFdoj52U1@uni-berlin.de... .> > I don't care what
you want to call it. Stay on the pavement, where you .>
belong. .> .> Ok, ok, we'll call them pavement bikes just
for you. .> .> Look you tree licking animal shagging hippy,
mountain bikes are mountain .> bikes because they're,
(please note hyphenation,) "OFFROAD" .> .> . .Run out to
Walmart. Go to the clue section. Buy several and pass them
.around................ . .He who must not be named cares
not what you think and is immune to the likes .of you. .
.Why bother? Of course, like a train wreck, I watch this
stuff anyway too.

Yes. Mountain bikers have no self-control whatsoever!

.Marty . .

===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits
to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the
previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road
construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
post #33 of 58
Thread Starter 

Re: Why Can't Mountain Bikers EVER Tell the TRUTH???!

On Thu, 27 May 2004 03:42:10 GMT, "Pete" <ptr@usaf.com> wrote:

. ."Mike Vandeman" <mjvande@pacbell.net> wrote .> .>
National parks are closed to mountain biking. . .Liar

In general, mational parks are closed to mountain biking.
You may have found the regulations on mountain biking.

.google for "national park"+"mountain bike" reveals: .
.Haleakala National Park .Joshua Tree National Park .Zion
National Park .Great Smoky Mountains National Park .Arches
National Park . .All refer to/allow mountain biking in one
form or another. There are others. .One park, GSM,
specifically and explicitly states: "Bicycles are prohibited
.on park trails, with four exceptions."
.http://www.cs.utk.edu/~dunigan/mtnbike/rich.html . .Pete .

===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits
to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the
previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road
construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
post #34 of 58

Re: Why Can't Mike Vandeman, Ph.D. EVER Tell the TRUTH???!

"Mike Vandeman" <mjvande@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:utlab0p186ambovoth4q7vvgad1qm4h2c5@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 26 May 2004 15:14:25 -0400, "Joseph Jozwik" <joej@bannerco-
> op.com> wrote:
>
> .Quick question. I read on your site . .WARNING: It is
> probably impossible to understand my web page, if you own
a
> .car. .Or a mountain bike. . .Mike what exactly is your
> niche market of people you go after?
>
> Honest people. Don't even try.

Don't even try what?
post #35 of 58

Re: Why Can't Mountain Bikers EVER Tell the TRUTH???!

"Marty" <martees@chesint.net> wrote in message
news:40b5b10f_4@newsfeed.slurp.net...
>
> "Tetsuo Shima" <TetsuoShima@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:2hk6kaFdoj52U1@uni-berlin.de...
> > > I don't care what you want to call it. Stay on the
> > > pavement, where you
> > belong.
> >
> > Ok, ok, we'll call them pavement bikes just for you.
> >
> > Look you tree licking animal shagging hippy, mountain
> > bikes are mountain bikes because they're, (please note
> > hyphenation,) "OFFROAD"
> >
> >
>
> Run out to Walmart. Go to the clue section. Buy several
> and pass them around................
>
> He who must not be named cares not what you think and is
> immune to the
likes
> of you.
>
> Why bother? Of course, like a train wreck, I watch this
> stuff anyway too.
>
> Marty
>
>
>
Troll?
post #36 of 58

Re: Why Can't Mountain Bikers EVER Tell the TRUTH???!

"Mike Vandeman" <mjvande@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:9imab053brb85an37fcf2pio8psmg6ejt3@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 26 May 2004 19:36:28 +0100, "Tetsuo Shima"
<TetsuoShima@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> .Hey Mike. You obviously don't have a bike or a car, so
> how do you get .about?
>
> walk, bike, or public transit.

Hmm, bike, funny that. Oh and at a guess, one bus would
cause far greater enviromental damage than a million bikes
would. (How many busses, diesel trains, ships and planes are
there?) And you're worried about a few knobbly tires.

P.S. Cycling on undesignated pavements is illegal.

'nuff said.

> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-
> limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent
> the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road
> construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
post #37 of 58

Re: Why Can't Mountain Bikers EVER Tell the TRUTH???!

"Mike Vandeman" <mjvande@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:lntbb0drrmv1brvdjru8pbv98l43h6sb2p@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 27 May 2004 05:11:30 -0400, "Marty"
> <martees@chesint.net> wrote:
>
> . ."Tetsuo Shima" <TetsuoShima@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message .news:2hk6kaFdoj52U1@uni-berlin.de... .> > I don't
> care what you want to call it. Stay on the pavement, where
you
> .> belong. .> .> Ok, ok, we'll call them pavement bikes
> just for you. .> .> Look you tree licking animal shagging
> hippy, mountain bikes are
mountain
> .> bikes because they're, (please note hyphenation,)
> "OFFROAD" .> .> . .Run out to Walmart. Go to the clue
> section. Buy several and pass them .around................
> . .He who must not be named cares not what you think and
> is immune to the
likes
> .of you. . .Why bother? Of course, like a train wreck, I
> watch this stuff anyway too.
>
> Yes. Mountain bikers have no self-control whatsoever!
>
I do, my doctor told me to count to 1000 before I smack the
crap outta someone.

> .Marty . .
>
> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-
> limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent
> the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road
> construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
post #38 of 58

Re: Why Can't Mike Vandeman, Ph.D. EVER Tell the TRUTH???!

> . .Here is a lie, and a direct quote. . .(I spent the
> previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road
> .construction.) . . .I have been visiting ca.environment
> for something in the neighborhood of
5
> .years, and you have been making the same irrelevent claim
> the entire
time.
> .You could not have spent the past 8 years doing these
> things, because I
have
> .been coming here for the majority of those years, and you
> have not fought .these issues more than once that I can
> remember, and that time you lost.
You
> .may have fought these issues, but not for 8 years,
> therefore the
statement
> .is a lie, according to your own definition of what a lie
> is. . .Not only are you a liar, you are an idiot.
>
> Learn how to read English. The 8 years are previous to my
> current wildlife activism. DUH!!!!! I has been true since
> I first said it. You liars
wouldn't
> know the truth if it hit you in the face. You have had
> about 9 years to
learn to
> read, and STILL can't!

For a PhD, you are one stupid son of a *****! You should
learn how to write. Your words say that you have, "spent the
previous 8 years ..." doing something. Your words have been
that way for at least 5 years, therefore you have not spent
the last 8 of them doing whatever it is that you claim, if
you were still doing whatever it is that you claim, then
your sig line should read, "... spent the previous 13 years
..." doing whatever it is that you claim, and you should
update it from time to time.

You might have spent 8 years prior doing whatever it is that
you claim to have done, but that is PAST TENSE, you are
writing in PRESENT TENSE because you use the word, previous,
which implies that you are using now as the frame of
reference. You are writing as if you have done it for the
past 8 years from now, not that you did it for 8 years at
some point in the past.

To continue to say that you have been doing it for the past
8 years from now is just a lie. Nothing more, nothing less.
Not only are you a liar, you are a stupid liar - bordering
on very stupid. To be truthful, you should say, "I have
spent 8 years ..." This construction does not imply the
start time, and leaves open the idea that it could have
been any 8 years, not just the previous 8 years. Do you see
where your own words say something that you do not mean to
have said?

Idiot.
post #39 of 58

Re: Why Can't Mike Vandeman, Ph.D. EVER Tell the TRUTH???!

"Mike Vandeman" <mjvande@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:4qlab051huob8pc8nnck2911ju10pp30me@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 25 May 2004 19:32:15 -0700, "Jeff Strickland"
> <beerman@yahoo.com>
wrote:
>
> . ."Jeff Strickland" <beerman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> .news:10b7vj6t3bbeu57@corp.supernews.com... .> .> "Mike
> Vandeman" <mjvande@pacbell.net> wrote in message .>
> news:nir7b0t8h1is8qhlsefrvbnthf6bcm1psk@4ax.com... .> > On
> Thu, 20 May 2004 10:52:42 -0500, "Jason" <none@none.com>
> wrote: .> > .> > . .> > .> === .> > .> I am working on
> creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to .> > .>
> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the
> previous 8 .> > .> years fighting auto dependence and road
> construction.) .> > .> .> > .>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande .> > . .> > .LIAR .> > .>
> > Where's the lie? .> .> Here is a lie, and a direct
> quote. .> .> (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto
> dependence and road .> construction.) .> .> .> I have been
> visiting ca.environment for something in the neighborhood
of 5
> .> years, and you have been making the same irrelevent
> claim the entire
time.
> .> You could not have spent the past 8 years doing these
> things, because I .have .> been coming here for the
> majority of those years, and you have not
fought
> .> these issues more than once that I can remember, and
> that time you
lost.
> .You .> may have fought these issues, but not for 8 years,
> therefore the
statement
> .> is a lie, according to your own definition of what a
> lie is. .> .> Not only are you a liar, you are an idiot.
> .> .> . .I did a simple Google search on your idiocy, and
> found that you have been .using the sig line since at
> least 1998.
>
> So you are smart enough to use Google, but not smart
> enough to learn to
read.
> That statement was true when I first said it, and is STILL
> true. Idiot.
>

It is not true, and has not been true for many years. Idiot.
The reason it is not true is because you wrote it in the
present tense, but you are using it in the past tense. It is
you that is lacking the ability to read. And write.
post #40 of 58
Thread Starter 

Re: Why Can't Mountain Bikers EVER Tell the TRUTH???!

On Thu, 27 May 2004 14:53:43 -0400, S Curtiss <stevecurtiss@yahoo.com> wrote:

. . .Mike Vandeman wrote: . .> On Wed, 26 May 2004 08:15:36
-0400, S Curtiss <stevecurtiss@yahoo.com> wrote: .> .> .>
.> . .> ."clipped for protection of the innocent" .> . .>
.> .> .> .> Sorry you've had some tough experiences with
mountain bikers. Do you think .> .> .> there is any place
appropriate for mountain biking? .> .> .> .> .> .> Of
course: on paved roads. .> .> . .> .> .Then it isn't
mountain biking, it is road biking. .> .> .> .> I don't
care what you want to call it. Stay on the pavement, where
you belong. .> .> .> . .> .Where "I" belong? Actually, I
call it "off road cycling". And I "belong" on legal trail
.> .systems, national parks and any area recognized for off
road cycling. .> .> National parks are closed to mountain
biking. . .A search of the National Park Service website
for "biking" returned 139 matches.

And almost NONE of that refers to legal mountain
(trail) biking.

.> Where you think I .> .belong is irrelevant. Which of
these doesn't belong? Mountains, Trees, Animals, Wal-Mart.
.> . .> .> .> .> .> That's nonsense. One look at my web site
would tell you otherwise. Why do .> .> .> mountain bikers
have such a hard time telling the truth??? .> .> . .> .>
.Really? If not half, then a third is devoted to anti-mt
mike propoganda... .> .> .certainly seems extraordinary in
comparison... .> .> .> .> ZERO propaganda. Just the truth. .
.Your truth as you interpret it. Lots of opinion.
Propoganda.

BS. Of course, you wouldn't know, being unfamiliar with
truth-telling.

.> .Selective "scientific" information to support opinions
is propoganda. Presenting opinion .> .as fact is propoganda.
Proclaiming yourself as an authority in an attempt to make
your .> .opinions sound important is propoganda. Claiming
absolute "truth" is propoganda. .> .> I've never claimed
"absolute truth", liar. . .Then why is it anyone who
disagrees with you is subject to name-calling and ridicule.
."Absolute" means an unwillingness to listen to, or
compromise, with differing ideas. You .present your opinion
as an absolute.

BS. Why compromise, if I am right?

.> .> .> WHAT hostility? I am just telling the truth --
something I guess you aren't used .> .> .> to. You interpret
that as hostility. .> .> . .> .> .No... calling people
liars, idiots, stupid, killers.... that is hostility. .> .>
.> .> No, it's just honesty. . .Your opinion of someone
else's intelligenge or integrity does not imply honesty in
any way, .shape or form.

You are dishonest. That's a FACT.

.> .You may honestly disagree with information or points of
view. But calling someone "liar" .> .and "idiot" is hostile.
.> .> No, it's just the truth. . .but when you get an e-mail
from someone, calling you the same names, you post it here
as being .from "another hostile mt biker". So it is hostile
when directed at you, and not when you .direct it at someone
else. Mr. "Double Standard" MV strikes again.

It's not the same at all.

.> Simply having different opinions or information from you
does not .> .make someone a liar. .> .> Of course. LYING
makes you a liar. . .No mirrors at home, huh? . .> .> .>
Stating the differing information or point of view does not
make .> .someone an "idiot". Calling them "stupid" for not
agreeing with you is not honesty. It is .> .antagonism. .>
.> No, it's truth. . .again... Your version. Which is so
tainted by your opinion it resembles "truth" like a .Wal-
Mart resembles a rain forest.

How would you know?
===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits
to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the
previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road
construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
post #41 of 58
Thread Starter 

Re: Why Can't Mountain Bikers EVER Tell the TRUTH???!

On Thu, 27 May 2004 19:34:08 +0100, "Tetsuo Shima" <TetsuoShima@hotmail.com>
wrote:

. ."Mike Vandeman" <mjvande@pacbell.net> wrote in message
.news:9imab053brb85an37fcf2pio8psmg6ejt3@4ax.com... .> On
Wed, 26 May 2004 19:36:28 +0100, "Tetsuo Shima"
.<TetsuoShima@hotmail.com> .> wrote: .> .> .Hey Mike. You
obviously don't have a bike or a car, so how do you get .>
.about? .> .> walk, bike, or public transit. . .Hmm, bike,
funny that. Oh and at a guess, one bus would cause far
greater .enviromental damage than a million bikes would.
(How many busses, diesel .trains, ships and planes are
there?) And you're worried about a few knobbly .tires.

Yes. Several MILLION knobby tires ripping up our parks
every week. And NO buses, diesel trains, ships, or planes
on those trails.

.P.S. Cycling on undesignated pavements is illegal. .
.'nuff said. . .> === .> I am working on creating wildlife
habitat that is off-limits to .> humans ("pure habitat").
Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> years fighting auto
dependence and road construction.) .> .>
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande .

===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits
to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the
previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road
construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
post #42 of 58
Thread Starter 

Re: Why Can't Mountain Bikers EVER Tell the TRUTH???!

On Thu, 27 May 2004 15:55:33 GMT, "Pete" <ptr@usaf.com> wrote:

. ."Mike Vandeman" <mjvande@pacbell.net> wrote in message
.news:kktbb05ul1pfosnssqvreptd04qa2283j3@4ax.com... .> On
Thu, 27 May 2004 03:42:10 GMT, "Pete" <ptr@usaf.com> wrote:
.> .> . .> ."Mike Vandeman" <mjvande@pacbell.net> wrote .>
.> .> .> National parks are closed to mountain biking. .> .
.> .Liar .> .> In general, mational parks are closed to
mountain biking. You may have .found the .> regulations on
mountain biking. . .No. I found specific references to
mountain biking being allowed in several .National Parks.

You didn't read carefully. Most of those "trails" are
actually just dirt roads, in some cases shared with SUVs. I
think there is only ONE possible singletrack mountain biking
trail in all of the National Park System.

.So you admit your blanket statement of "National parks are
closed to .mountain biking" is a lie?

No, in general, it is a fact.

.Pete . .> .> .google for "national park"+"mountain
bike" reveals: .> . .> .Haleakala National Park .>
.Joshua Tree National Park .> .Zion National Park .>
.Great Smoky Mountains National Park .> .Arches National
Park .> . .> .All refer to/allow mountain biking in one
form or another. There are .others. .> .One park, GSM,
specifically and explicitly states: "Bicycles are
.prohibited .> .on park trails, with four exceptions."
.> .http://www.cs.utk.edu/~dunigan/mtnbike/rich.html .>
. .> .Pete .

===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits
to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the
previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road
construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
post #43 of 58
Thread Starter 

Re: Why Can't Mike Vandeman, Ph.D. EVER Tell the TRUTH???!

On Thu, 27 May 2004 12:53:51 -0700, "Jeff Strickland" <beerman@yahoo.com> wrote:

. .> . .> .Here is a lie, and a direct quote. .> . .> .(I
spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road
.> .construction.) .> . .> . .> .I have been visiting
ca.environment for something in the neighborhood of .5 .>
.years, and you have been making the same irrelevent claim
the entire .time. .> .You could not have spent the past 8
years doing these things, because I .have .> .been coming
here for the majority of those years, and you have not
fought .> .these issues more than once that I can remember,
and that time you lost. .You .> .may have fought these
issues, but not for 8 years, therefore the .statement .> .is
a lie, according to your own definition of what a lie is. .>
. .> .Not only are you a liar, you are an idiot. .> .> Learn
how to read English. The 8 years are previous to my current
wildlife .> activism. DUH!!!!! I has been true since I first
said it. You liars .wouldn't .> know the truth if it hit you
in the face. You have had about 9 years to .learn to .>
read, and STILL can't! . .For a PhD, you are one stupid son
of a *****! You should learn how to write. .Your words say
that you have, "spent the previous 8 years ..." doing
.something. Your words have been that way for at least 5
years, therefore you .have not spent the last 8 of them
doing whatever it is that you claim, if .you were still
doing whatever it is that you claim, then your sig line
.should read, "... spent the previous 13 years ..." doing
whatever it is that .you claim, and you should update it
from time to time.

Look, dumdum, "previous" refers to "previous to my
current activity", which is wildlife activism. But thanks
for displaying your utter ignorance, once again, to the
entire world.

.You might have spent 8 years prior doing whatever it is
that you claim to .have done, but that is PAST TENSE, you
are writing in PRESENT TENSE because .you use the word,
previous, which implies that you are using now as the .frame
of reference. You are writing as if you have done it for the
past 8 .years from now, not that you did it for 8 years at
some point in the past. . .To continue to say that you have
been doing it for the past 8 years from now .is just a lie.

But I didn't say that. I said the "previous" 8 years. DUH!

Nothing more, nothing less. Not only are you a liar, you
are .a stupid liar - bordering on very stupid. To be
truthful, you should say, "I .have spent 8 years ..." This
construction does not imply the start time, and .leaves
open the idea that it could have been any 8 years, not
just the .previous 8 years. Do you see where your own
words say something that you do .not mean to have said? .
.Idiot. . . . .

===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits
to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the
previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road
construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
post #44 of 58

Re: Why Can't Mountain Bikers EVER Tell the TRUTH???!

Mike Vandeman <mjvande@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<8cgdb0l68tsilpr276h6vnmtbsqkmmap9r@4ax.com>...
> On Thu, 27 May 2004 15:55:33 GMT, "Pete"
> <ptr@usaf.com> wrote:
>
> . ."Mike Vandeman" <mjvande@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> .news:kktbb05ul1pfosnssqvreptd04qa2283j3@4ax.com... .> On
> Thu, 27 May 2004 03:42:10 GMT, "Pete" <ptr@usaf.com>
> wrote: .> .> . .> ."Mike Vandeman" <mjvande@pacbell.net>
> wrote .> .> .> .> National parks are closed to mountain
> biking. .> . .> .Liar .> .> In general, mational parks are
> closed to mountain biking. You may have .found the .>
> regulations on mountain biking. . .No. I found specific
> references to mountain biking being allowed in several
> .National Parks.
>
> You didn't read carefully. Most of those "trails" are
> actually just dirt roads,in some cases shared with SUVs. I
> think there is only ONE possible singletrack mountain
> biking trail in all of the National Park System.

Yah know Doc, he might have you on this one. Really, it is a
lie when you know the truth but insist that the opposite is
true. We covered the "National Parks are closed to Mountain
Biking," pretty well in 2000,2001,2002 and 2003. As it has
been pointed out to you there are at least 3 NPS units in
California alone, that have "single track." Then of course
there is "the one dedicated single track" in Arizona, and
another unit in New Mexico (open on a limited basis).

Pete F had this snip addressed to you back in 2001 "Visitor
Centers offer a free map (494K PDF) of the park's trails,
indicating which trails are designated for bike travel.
Point Reyes permits biking only outside of wilderness areas
along emergency access/dirt fire roads, paved roads and a
few single-track trails."

In ~2000 Gt pointed out that REDW had several trails

In 2003, I pointed out that JOTR and SAGU both have trails
open to Mountain biking.

> .So you admit your blanket statement of "National parks
> are closed to .mountain biking" is a lie?
>
> No, in general, it is a fact.

You poor, poor, little man ... You know you are wrong and
you still try to wiggle out of it. You said "National parks
are closed to mountain biking." You know this isn't the
truth, so you try redirect the argument by saying, "Most of
those "trails" are actually just dirt roads,in some cases
shared with SUVs." It is as if you are try to say that it
isn't mountian biking unless it is on single track. And
finally you try to redirect the argument by saying "I think
there is only ONE possible singletrack mountain biking
trail in all of the National Park System," which you also
know is not true, since it has been pointed out to
repeatedly that there are several parks that allow mountain
biking on trails.

> . .> .> .google for "national park"+"mountain bike"
> reveals: .> . .> .Haleakala National Park .> .Joshua Tree
> National Park .> .Zion National Park .> .Great Smoky
> Mountains National Park .> .Arches National Park .> . .>
> .All refer to/allow mountain biking in one form or
> another. There are .others. .> .One park, GSM,
> specifically and explicitly states: "Bicycles are
> .prohibited .> .on park trails, with four exceptions."

Just as a side note ... Great Smoky Mountains National Park
is GRSM not GSM.

R
post #45 of 58

Re: Why Can't Mike Vandeman, Ph.D. EVER Tell the TRUTH???!

> .For a PhD, you are one stupid son of a *****! You should
> learn how to
write.
> .Your words say that you have, "spent the previous 8 years
> ..." doing .something. Your words have been that way for
> at least 5 years, therefore
you
> .have not spent the last 8 of them doing whatever it is
> that you claim, if .you were still doing whatever it is
> that you claim, then your sig line .should read, "...
> spent the previous 13 years ..." doing whatever it is
that
> .you claim, and you should update it from time to time.
>
> Look, dumdum, "previous" refers to "previous to my current
> activity",
which is
> wildlife activism. But thanks for displaying your utter
> ignorance, once
again,
> to the entire world.
>
Are you really that stupid, or do you pretend to be
that stupid?

I know what you meant to say, but apparently you do not know
what you said, even after it is explained to you.

> .You might have spent 8 years prior doing whatever it is
> that you claim to .have done, but that is PAST TENSE, you
> are writing in PRESENT TENSE
because
> .you use the word, previous, which implies that you are
> using now as the .frame of reference. You are writing as
> if you have done it for the past 8 .years from now, not
> that you did it for 8 years at some point in the
past.
> . .To continue to say that you have been doing it for the
> past 8 years from
now
> .is just a lie.
>
> But I didn't say that. I said the "previous" 8 years. DUH!
>

Idiot, that is exatly what you said, although it is
apparently not what you wanted to say. When you use
"previous" the way you used it, it implies that the time
frame is contiguous to the present time frame, and clearly
it is not or the previous period would become larger as time
progressed. I can't believe it needs to be explained to you.

I have attempted to help you construct a sentence that
actually says what

recognize it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mountain Bikes
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Mountain Bikes › Why Can't Mountain Bikers EVER Tell the TRUTH???!