USPRO Crit pics

gfisk

Guest
Great race, and an awesome last Crit Championship for Jonas.
My heart goes out to Robbie, I'm still in shock.
<http://www.northbrookvelodrome.com/images/USPro2004/>

"gfisk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> Great race, and an awesome last Crit Championship for Jonas.
> My heart goes out to Robbie, I'm still in shock.
> <http://www.northbrookvelodrome.com/images/USPro2004/>

Damn good pics of Robbie in his struggle to stay upright, interesting how
the USPS rider takes out the USPS banner.

Dave

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 00:10:17 -0500, gfisk <[email protected]>
wrote:

<http://www.northbrookvelodrome.com/images/USPro2004/>

Very nice.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

"Dave H" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Damn good pics of Robbie in his struggle to stay upright, interesting how
> the USPS rider takes out the USPS banner.

Nice job straightening his rear wheel after the crash, too.

Wonderful pictures! A few things I noticed:

1. The Mavic Bikes look wonderful. First time I saw them up close.
2. Floyd Landis has a moustache (I prob should have known, but I never saw it before). I thought the last moustache pro was Eric van Lancker:)
3. The crash photo is amazing! It really captures the moment. When I look at his rear wheel I cringe. He is a sponsored pro, I would be strapped for cash if that happens to me...

> "Dave H" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > Damn good pics of Robbie in his struggle to stay upright, interesting

how
> > the USPS rider takes out the USPS banner.
> >

> Nice job straightening his rear wheel after the crash, too.

That is actually a replacement wheel. After the crash, Robbie stood there
and chatted w/officials, other riders and some friends/family for several
minutes until a USPS mechanic drove up and changed his wheel. Then he
pedaled the last 150 meters or so to the finish line.

"Tuschinski" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Wonderful pictures! A few things I noticed:
>
> 1. The Mavic Bikes look wonderful. First time I saw them up close.
> 2. Floyd Landis has a moustache (I prob should have known, but I never
> saw it before). I thought the last moustache pro was Eric van
> Lancker:)
> 3. The crash photo is amazing! It really captures the moment. When I
> look at his rear wheel I cringe. He is a sponsored pro, I would be
> strapped for cash if that happens to me...
>

> --
> Tuschinski

Robbie benefitted from recent changes in the course setup. Originally, there
were just regular metal barricades in that turn, then they added some pads,
but it was still pretty nasty. Since there are so many crashes in that
corner (probably 1 out of every 3 years on the last lap, they finally went
to no barricades at all, just a wall of hay bales covered by the plastic
sponsor wrap.

"RJG" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Dave H" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> > > Damn good pics of Robbie in his struggle to stay upright, interesting

> how
> > > the USPS rider takes out the USPS banner.
> > >

> > Nice job straightening his rear wheel after the crash, too.
> >

> That is actually a replacement wheel. After the crash, Robbie stood there
> and chatted w/officials, other riders and some friends/family for several
> minutes until a USPS mechanic drove up and changed his wheel. Then he
> pedaled the last 150 meters or so to the finish line.

You're kidding...really?
Dave

"Dave H" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "RJG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> > "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> how
> > > >

> > > Nice job straightening his rear wheel after the crash, too.
> > >

> > That is actually a replacement wheel. After the crash, Robbie stood there
> > and chatted w/officials, other riders and some friends/family for several
> > minutes until a USPS mechanic drove up and changed his wheel. Then he
> > pedaled the last 150 meters or so to the finish line.

> You're kidding...really?
> Dave

He's a local favorite. The announcer and fans wanted him to ride past the finish.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (nospam) wrote:

> He's a local favorite. The announcer and fans wanted him to ride past the
> finish.

and the guys in the field (especially the ones he took out) though his
inside attack through the corner at a too high of speed was a bonehead
move.

"nospam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Dave H" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > "RJG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

interesting
> > how

> > > That is actually a replacement wheel. After the crash, Robbie stood

there
> > > and chatted w/officials, other riders and some friends/family for

several
> > > minutes until a USPS mechanic drove up and changed his wheel. Then he
> > > pedaled the last 150 meters or so to the finish line.

> > You're kidding...really?
> > Dave

> He's a local favorite. The announcer and fans wanted him to ride past the

finish.

Yeah right uh-huh sure whatever you say