OT: Music

Vivian

Guest
OK, what music do you guys like? What artist/bands, etc?

And what music or which bands/artist would you suffocate so they'll stop
singing?

Vivian
-------
"We learned more from a three minute record than we ever learned in school".
No Surrender

PS:Anybody can guess what my signature file is?

"Vivian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> OK, what music do you guys like? What artist/bands, etc?

Interrobang Cartel.

> And what music or which bands/artist would you suffocate so they'll stop
> singing?

Anyone who sings for more than three minutes.
--
"If I ever lose an eye, I'm going to get a glass eye with a big spring
behind it. That way, when I die and Nicko comes to steal my eyes,

Vivian [email protected] opined the following...
> OK, what music do you guys like? What artist/bands, etc?

Almost all of it.

Currently listening to: Eminem - The Slim Shady Show
Previous CD: Sarah McLachlan - Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

I won't detail any further than that because the list would consume a
little too much bandwidth! Are you trying to sneakily compile the
recently requested cycling psychological profile by musical tastes?

> And what music or which bands/artist would you suffocate so they'll stop
> singing?

Too many to mention! ;-)

Jon

Vivian wrote:

> OK, what music do you guys like? What artist/bands, etc?

Half Man Half Biscuit, They Might Be Giants, Pixies, Smiths, Frank and
Walters, The Clash, Manic Street Preachers, Wedding Present, Cinerama

"Once Allende comes to power we shall do all within our power
to condemn Chile and all Chileans to utmost deprivation and poverty."
-- Edward Korry

Vivian wrote:
> OK, what music do you guys like? What artist/bands, etc?

Anastacia, Capercaillie, Prince, Bonnie Raitt

> And what music or which bands/artist would you suffocate so they'll
> stop singing?

Any of the modern Karaoke bands who can't be bothered to sing original
material. e.g. McFly (currently doing a re-tread of Help by the Beatles)

Pete.

mae <[email protected]> wedi ysgrifennu:

> OK, what music do you guys like? What artist/bands, etc?

Currently on MP3 player:

Safe As Milk - Capt. Beefheart & His Magic Band
Rank - The Smiths
In The City - The Jam
Slum Clearance - The Siddeleys

> And what music or which bands/artist would you suffocate so they'll
> stop singing?

Anyone who can't be arsed to write their own material.

--
Rob

Please keep conversations in the newsgroup so that all may contribute
and benefit.

Vivian wrote:

> OK, what music do you guys like? What artist/bands, etc?

Queen worshipper here. Mercury is my God. Apparently this particular mystical
aberration is quite common among cyclists.

Apart from that, classical.

EFR
Ile de France

"Vivian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> OK, what music do you guys like? What artist/bands, etc?

Opera and Clasical mostly, with some Jazz and Blues thrown in.

> And what music or which bands/artist would you suffocate so they'll stop
> singing?

All rap artists, especially M & M !

Graham

Brian said:
"Vivian" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> OK, what music do you guys like? What artist/bands, etc?

Kraftwerk!

Also a bit of Tangerine Dream, Vangelis and Jean Michel Jarre.

--
Brian

Woohooo!! Im with you on that! Kraftwerk rulzzzzzzz.

Jean Michel Jarre
Erasure
Yanni
Rammstein
Delerium

Pretty much anything with synths and keyboards in I love.

I detest rnb, hip hop, rap etc... most stuff that comes out of the US, sorry!!

Brian > did you manage to catch Kraftwerk in concert earlier in the year?

Chris

With a baby on the way, we have mainly been
listening to 'Sprog Rock' and plenty of classical.

S.

"Vivian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> OK, what music do you guys like? What artist/bands, etc?
>
> And what music or which bands/artist would you suffocate so they'll stop
> singing?
>

> Vivian
> -------
> "We learned more from a three minute record than we ever learned in

school".
> No Surrender
>

> PS:Anybody can guess what my signature file is?

"Vivian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> OK, what music do you guys like? What artist/bands, etc?

Mainly Dutch progressive rock like Solution, Kayak, Focus, Finch, Earth
+Fire, Golden Earring.
Also German synth music like Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, Kraftwerk.

> And what music or which bands/artist would you suffocate so they'll stop
> singing

Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston.

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

Vivian wrote:
> OK, what music do you guys like? What artist/bands, etc?

In the last year or so I have bought stuff by
Amplifier, Audioslave, Auf der Maur, Be-Bop Deluxe, Billy Bragg & Wilco,
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Bob Dylan, British Sea Power, Clinic, ****
Dale, Dr Feelgood, Eagles Of Death Metal, Electric Six, Elliot Smith,
Goldfrapp, Half Man Half Biscuit, Hawkwind, Heatmiser, Jimi Hendrix, John
Fahey, Kings of Leon, Laibach, Led Zeppelin, Lew Lewis, Link Wray, Peter
Lang, Pink Floyd, PJ Harvey, Robyn Hitchcock, Spacemen 3, Stiff Little
Fingers, Stretch, The Rutles, The 13th Floor Elevators, The Bonzo Dog Band,
The Darkness, The Datsuns, The Dear Janes, The Hives, The Jesus And Mary
Chain, The Mars Volta, The Penguin Café Orchestra, The Pink Fairies, The
Psychedelic Furs, The Raveonettes, The Sex Pistols, The Stooges, The
Stranglers, The Velvet Underground, The Violent Femmes, Wilko Johnson and
that old standby Various Artists. Isn't that fascinating ;-)

> And what music or which bands/artist would you suffocate so they'll
> stop singing?

Most of the ones in the singles charts and anything played at window-shaking
volume in the motorcars of chavs.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Vivian wrote:
> OK, what music do you guys like? What artist/bands, etc?

I have fairly wide ranging tastes: my desert island discs would probably
include Bach, Miles Davis, Pink Floyd, Satie and the Temptations,
assuming I could ever narrow stuff down to just a few choices.

I think my collection probably contains enough variation that I could
find something that would offend almost anyone in it ;-)

> And what music or which bands/artist would you suffocate so they'll stop
> singing?

Overcooked soulless "soul" as typified by Michael Bolton and Mariah
Carey actually has me reaching for the off-button.

There's a lot I don't really care for, but most of it is just neutral,
as opposed to clearly negative like Bolton sounding as if he's giving
himself a hernia being so damn sincere with all the pain!
Ugh

> PS:Anybody can guess what my signature file is?

Looks like a bit of Born in the USA to me. Good record, though Tunnel
of Love and The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle are my fave
from BS, with Born to Run just bubbling under the top line.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Simon Mason wrote:

> Mainly Dutch progressive rock like Solution, Kayak, Focus, Finch, Earth
> +Fire, Golden Earring.

Favourite name for a tribute band seen to date: "I Can't Believe It's
Not Focus!"

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:40:11 +0100, Dave Larrington <[email protected]> wrote:

The set which is the intersection of our two sets contains the following:
> Be-Bop Deluxe, Billy Bragg,
> British Sea Power, Elliot Smith,
> Goldfrapp, Half Man Half Biscuit, Laibach, The Jesus And Mary
> Chain, The Psychedelic Furs, The Raveonettes, Various Artists.

> Isn't that fascinating ;-)

Yes.

Colin

Keith Willoughby <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Vivian wrote:
>
> > OK, what music do you guys like? What artist/bands, etc?

I'm afraid I've rather given up on current music, I just buy the
double Chillout Cream/MOS CD's for the car and Walkman. My brother
insists on buying me CD's for my birthday which he likes (eg Air,
Royskopp) which usually are pretty dire but better than the NOW ones
the oldest son likes.

Vivian wrote:
> OK, what music do you guys like? What artist/bands, etc?

All sorts. Well, most sorts. Most looking forward to the Goldfrapp live
DVD (20 Sep).

~PB

Dave Larrington wrote:

> The Jesus And Mary Chain

Let me guess, was that recent purchase promped Lost in Translation? (Just
Like Honey at end of film).

~PB

Pete Biggs wrote:
> Dave Larrington wrote:
>
>> The Jesus And Mary Chain

> Let me guess, was that recent purchase promped Lost in Translation?
> (Just Like Honey at end of film).

Short answer: No.
Longer answer: My chum Mr. Bird averred that Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
were akin to JAMC, and having bought both BRMC albums and seen them live
three times, it seemed like a good idea to give them a try. If
"Psychocandy" is a typical example of the Jibblywibbly Chain's output, then
Mr. Bird is this: wrong.

I have not seen "Lost In Translation" and, after after my grate frend Dai
Infidel described it as "a chick-flick disguised as an art film", have no
intention of changing this state of affairs. I prefer helichopters, car
chases and blokes jumping off walls while things in the background explode,
because I am shallow.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/