or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Colon tube insertion, any easy way?

post #1 of 4
I believe in looking after my colon and have tried using a
colon tube for "deep" enemas. The problem is that I can't
insert it past 7 inches. I have emptied over 2 quarts of
solution in me and emtied my colon before I attempt this.
After this, I tried to put it in with a stream of solution
ahead of it. NO SUCCESS. I am able to hold about 3 quarts of
liquid in me using just a standard enema nozzle but I have
read that a "deeper" enema would loosen a lot more build up.
I am using a tube that is about 1/4 inch in diameter and
about 3 feet long. Anyone out there that uses this method
regularly? Any tricks to get it in deeper? I would like to
get it in 2 feet. Any one out there that has gotten it in
that much? How much of the tube have you put in yourself.
PLEASE HELP.. Thank you. Jenil
post #2 of 4

Re: Colon tube insertion, any easy way?

>Subject: Colon tube insertion, any easy way?
>From: jenilwilliams@yahoo.com (jenil)
>Date: 5/26/2004 4:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time
>

>diameter and about 3 feet long.

sounds like you got ahold of of a colonoscope....which you
may know is safe ONLY when done under direct visualization
via the scope head...

this is not a self care procedure...there is indeed a risk
of perforating your colon..

you might be better trying an ORAL laxative and removing the
**** from the top down...far safer..tho neither is truly
necessary...

do NOT attempt inserting anything 2-3 feet into your
colon..unless you consider the prospect of a
colostomy..infection..maybe death..to be pleasant..

hawki.....
post #3 of 4

"jenil" <jenilwilliams@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I believe in looking after my colon and have tried using a
> colon tube for "deep" enemas. The problem is that I can't
> insert it past 7 inches. I have emptied over 2 quarts of
> solution in me and emtied my colon before I attempt this.
> After this, I tried to put it in with a stream of solution
> ahead of it. NO SUCCESS. I am able to hold about 3 quarts
> of liquid in me using just a standard enema nozzle but I
> have read that a "deeper" enema would loosen a lot more
> build up. I am using a tube that is about 1/4 inch in
> diameter and about 3 feet long. Anyone out there that uses
> this method regularly? Any tricks to get it in deeper? I
> would like to get it in 2 feet. Any one out there that has
> gotten it in that much? How much of the tube have you put
> in yourself. PLEASE HELP.. Thank you. Jenil

This cannot be done with safety and should not be attempted.
It is also pointless. It is the filling up of as much bowel
as possible with liquid (which also has some risk) and the
subsequent emptying out that determines the effectiveness of
enemata or colonic irrigation, not how far the tube is
inserted. It is also pointless because vast experience in
bowel preparation before surgery shows that these are rather
ineffective ways of clearing out the bowel, especially in
anyone who actually does have a problem with constipation or
bowel emptying. .

Did I mention it is pointless?

Peter Moran
post #4 of 4

Re: Colon tube insertion, any easy way?

Any tricks to get it in deeper? I would like to get it in 2
feet. Any one Jenil>>

Sounds dangerous to me. I'd suppose though....warm the tube
as much as possible yet still tolerable to the tender gut
(run hot water over it and heat to maybe....107 degrees) so
that it will flex as much as possible. Rub vegetable oil
over the last foot of the tube. Beyond that...do not go.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health and medical