Ti Frame Manufacturers?

Guy F. Anderson Sr.

Guest
(My Google search of the archives failed to provide info more recent
than '02, so please forgive if this has been beaten to death lately.)

By whom and where are titanium frame sets built? The archives contain
conflicting info about Litespeed, Macalu, Douglas, Habanero, etc. I
am also open to opinions re the Best-Bang-forthe Buck titanium frames.

Thanks!

"Guy F. Anderson Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> (My Google search of the archives failed to provide info more recent
> than '02, so please forgive if this has been beaten to death lately.)
>
> By whom and where are titanium frame sets built? The archives contain
> conflicting info about Litespeed, Macalu, Douglas, Habanero, etc. I
> am also open to opinions re the Best-Bang-forthe Buck titanium frames.

Litespeed makes Merlin, Litespeed, Macalu (excel house brand)

TST (titaniumsports.com) makes Douglas and many other "U.S." made ti frames
that are not litespeed

Habanero are made in China.

Best "bang for the bucks", Habanero. You can get one for $700 or custom
geometry for $995 - great deal!

says...

>(My Google search of the archives failed to provide info more recent
>than '02, so please forgive if this has been beaten to death lately.)
>
>By whom and where are titanium frame sets built? The archives contain
>conflicting info about Litespeed, Macalu, Douglas, Habanero, etc. I
>am also open to opinions re the Best-Bang-forthe Buck titanium frames.

Litespeed owns Merlin. Both are made in TN. Macalu use to be made,
might still be made by I am not sure, by Litespeed for Excel. Habanero's
are made in China. If you are shopping by material alone, the Habanero
gives you the best bang for the buck. Otherwise getting a used ti bike
would be the way to go.
-------------
Alex

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 22:52:43 GMT, "bfd" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Guy F. Anderson Sr." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> (My Google search of the archives failed to provide info more recent
>> than '02, so please forgive if this has been beaten to death lately.)
>>
>> By whom and where are titanium frame sets built? The archives contain
>> conflicting info about Litespeed, Macalu, Douglas, Habanero, etc. I
>> am also open to opinions re the Best-Bang-forthe Buck titanium frames.

Thanks to all who responded--very helpful! And I have decided on Mark
Hickey's Habanero road frame. AAMOF, his prices on built bikes are so
reasonable that I may order one built with Veloce!