Sprint boxing

Tritonrider

Guest
Interesting piece on Velonews.

http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/3937.0.html

Judges call "foul!" There was some rough and tumble action in the fight for Cipollini's wheel, with
fight being the key word. Andris Nauduzs (CCC-Polsat) punched Petacchi in the head with 3km to go
and later crashed in the final kilometer, splitting the peloton.

Nauduzs was later kicked out of the Giro by race officials after TV replays showed him landing a
blow against Petacchi's head. Former race leader Petacchi was penalized 25 points in the spinter's
competition, but wasn't booted although he returned his own punch that missed.

Seems to be contagious. Bill C

> Interesting piece on Velonews.
>
> http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/3937.0.html
>
> Judges call "foul!" There was some rough and tumble action in the fight for Cipollini's wheel,
with
> fight being the key word. Andris Nauduzs (CCC-Polsat) punched Petacchi in
the
> head with 3km to go and later crashed in the final kilometer, splitting
the
> peloton.
>

> Nauduzs was later kicked out of the Giro by race officials after TV
replays
> showed him landing a blow against Petacchi's head. Former race leader
Petacchi
> was penalized 25 points in the spinter's competition, but wasn't booted although he returned his
> own punch that missed.
>
> Seems to be contagious. Bill C

should miss a few races for a while?

In the coverage I saw, Petacchi clearly threw the first punch. In typical NBA fashion, the refs call
the foul on the retaliation.

Bob C.

> Interesting piece on Velonews.
>
> http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/3937.0.html
>
> Judges call "foul!" There was some rough and tumble action in the fight for Cipollini's wheel,
with
> fight being the key word. Andris Nauduzs (CCC-Polsat) punched Petacchi in
the
> head with 3km to go and later crashed in the final kilometer, splitting
the
> peloton.
>

> Nauduzs was later kicked out of the Giro by race officials after TV
replays
> showed him landing a blow against Petacchi's head. Former race leader
Petacchi
> was penalized 25 points in the spinter's competition, but wasn't booted although he returned his
> own punch that missed.
>
> Seems to be contagious. Bill C

So, how many Pollacks does it take to win a Giro Stage?

Greg

I just reviewed the tape......he didn't throw the first punch he was yelling and waved his arm...not
even close. Probably called him a name or something... Then he came back up and threw the
punch......so much for his race...bye bye "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In the coverage I saw, Petacchi clearly threw the first punch. In typical NBA fashion, the refs
> call the foul on the retaliation.
>
> Bob C.
>
> "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Interesting piece on Velonews.
> >
> > http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/3937.0.html
> >
> > Judges call "foul!" There was some rough and tumble action in the fight for Cipollini's
wheel,
> with
> > fight being the key word. Andris Nauduzs (CCC-Polsat) punched Petacchi
in
> the
> > head with 3km to go and later crashed in the final kilometer, splitting
> the
> > peloton.
> >

> > Nauduzs was later kicked out of the Giro by race officials after TV
> replays
> > showed him landing a blow against Petacchi's head. Former race leader
> Petacchi
> > was penalized 25 points in the spinter's competition, but wasn't booted although he returned his
> > own punch that missed.
> >
> > Seems to be contagious. Bill C

I also thought Petacchi only made a waving gesture and didnt hit Nauzdus, but from some press
declarations it seems he did.

That the jury uses "closer to the line = more dangerous" as argumentation is ridiculous.

ahhh. remember when poor Tom Steels was banned from the Tour for throwing a plastic weightless
object, after being punched and hit by some Aussie scum for days in a row.

"Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I also thought Petacchi only made a waving gesture and didnt hit Nauzdus, but from some press
> declarations it seems he did.
>
> That the jury uses "closer to the line = more dangerous" as argumentation is ridiculous.
>
> ahhh. remember when poor Tom Steels was banned from the Tour for throwing a plastic weightless
> object, after being punched and hit by some Aussie scum for days in a row.

I thought that was Frederic Moncassin Dave

Boyd Speerschneider wrote:

> [email protected] (Bikerecker) wrote in news:20030519223730.27223.00000411 @mb-m24.aol.com:
>
> > So, how many Pollacks does it take to win a Giro Stage?
> >
> > Greg
>
> Two, one to sprint and the other to crash and take the rest of the field out of contention ;)
>
> - Boyd S.

Don't let Eddy B hear you say that. How far this is from the 1970s and 80s when Polish riders were
contenders. They didn't get much travel opportunity but they were always ones to watch in the UK
Milk Race etc. Last of that breed was Zenon Jaskula. STF

Look at it again... I'm not sure if he did hit him, but he clearly attempted to throw a punch. Also,
he kept banging into the Latvian rider. The punishment should be equal to both riders.

"CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I just reviewed the tape......he didn't throw the first punch he was
yelling
> and waved his arm...not even close. Probably called him a name or something... Then he came back
> up and threw the punch......so much for his race...bye
bye
> "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > In the coverage I saw, Petacchi clearly threw the first punch. In
typical
> > NBA fashion, the refs call the foul on the retaliation.
> >
> > Bob C.
> >
> > "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Interesting piece on Velonews.
> > >
> > > http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/3937.0.html
> > >
> > > Judges call "foul!" There was some rough and tumble action in the fight for Cipollini's
> wheel,
> > with
> > > fight being the key word. Andris Nauduzs (CCC-Polsat) punched Petacchi
> in
> > the
> > > head with 3km to go and later crashed in the final kilometer,
splitting
> > the
> > > peloton.
> > >

> > > Nauduzs was later kicked out of the Giro by race officials after TV
> > replays
> > > showed him landing a blow against Petacchi's head. Former race leader
> > Petacchi
> > > was penalized 25 points in the spinter's competition, but wasn't
booted
> > > although he returned his own punch that missed.
> > >
> > > Seems to be contagious. Bill C

"Darius Rybak" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Look at it again... I'm not sure if he did hit him, but he clearly attempted to throw a punch.
> Also, he kept banging into the Latvian rider. The punishment should be equal to both riders.

Well we do disagree on what happen......also on the punishment.......so lets drop it at that. K?

> "CuCycln" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > I just reviewed the tape......he didn't throw the first punch he was
> yelling
> > and waved his arm...not even close. Probably called him a name or something... Then he came back
> > up and threw the punch......so much for his race...bye
> bye
> > "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > In the coverage I saw, Petacchi clearly threw the first punch. In
> typical
> > > NBA fashion, the refs call the foul on the retaliation.
> > >
> > > Bob C.
> > >
> > > "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > wheel,
> > > with
Petacchi
> > in
> > > the
> splitting
> > > the

> > > replays
> > > Petacchi
> booted

I really think they should allow the riders to NOT wear helmets. That way they could pull each
others hair. Maybe they should let them carry their purses too.

I wouldn't call what I saw a "punch."

Ride on girlfriend! Mo

Boxing gloves mabye?

On 20 May 2003 13:23:58 -0700, [email protected] (Tony) wrote:

>[email protected] (Bikerecker) wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> So, how many Pollacks does it take to win a Giro Stage?
>>
>> Greg
>
>Andris Nauduzs is Latvian, born in Riga.

I was confused, I thought he meant Olaf Pollack who is not riding the Giro.

Bikerecker is an ignorant bigot. Not surprised, there seems to be a lot of that from down south
these days...

Kurtyka rules!

"Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Boyd Speerschneider wrote:
>
> > [email protected] (Bikerecker) wrote in
> > @mb-m24.aol.com:
> >
> > > So, how many Pollacks does it take to win a Giro Stage?
> > >
> > > Greg
> >
> > Two, one to sprint and the other to crash and take the rest of the field out of contention ;)
> >
> > - Boyd S.
>
> Don't let Eddy B hear you say that. How far this is from the 1970s and 80s when Polish riders were
> contenders. They didn't get much travel opportunity but they were always ones to watch
in
> the UK Milk Race etc. Last of that breed was Zenon Jaskula.

Baranowski isn't doing so bad in the Giro.

"steve robertson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 20 May 2003 13:23:58 -0700, [email protected] (Tony) wrote:
>
> >[email protected] (Bikerecker) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >> So, how many Pollacks does it take to win a Giro Stage?
> >>
> >> Greg
> >
> >Andris Nauduzs is Latvian, born in Riga.
>
> I was confused, I thought he meant Olaf Pollack who is not riding the Giro.
>
> Bikerecker is an ignorant bigot. Not surprised, there seems to be a lot of that from down south
> these days...

These days? When has it been different?

Bikerecker is right about one thing though: that is where all the good riders come from.