Franconia Notch, NH area rides?

Archer

Guest
We're going camping in the Franconia Notch area of NH this summer, and I was wondering if it's worth
bringing the bikes along. I know there's some really nice scenery around there (though the Old Man
of the Mountain is no longer), but are the roads rideable during the summer tourist season, or is
the traffic too much for it? We would need either roads or paved paths to ride on.

it's morning".

archer <ns_archer1960@ns_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> We're going camping in the Franconia Notch area of NH this summer, and I was wondering if it's
> worth bringing the bikes along. I know there's some really nice scenery around there (though the
> Old Man of the Mountain is no longer), but are the roads rideable during the summer tourist
> season, or is the traffic too much for it? We would need either roads or paved paths to ride on.

BRING THE BIKES!

There is a bike path running the length of the notch. It is kind of narrow in spots and you'll
have to dodge walkers and other cyclists but is worth is. If you can ride it weekday mornings
you'll be ok.

Add to the fact that is just plain easier to ride a bike to the tourist spots than it is to
drive there.

If you want a good challenge ride the 30 or so miles of the Kankamangus highway, again a weekday
morning would reduce your exposure to traffic.

Enjoy, Andy