rebuilt campy brake prob..

I just replaced the spring in my campy athena dual pivot brake and now when it comes together the
whole unit moves and doesn't spring back. It wont seem to tighten any more. Also at what angle does
the small piece between the two arches sit?

Thanks. #215

"#215" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I just replaced the spring in my campy athena dual pivot brake and now
when
> it comes together the whole unit moves and doesn't spring back. It wont seem to tighten any more.
> Also at what angle does the small piece between the two arches sit?
>
> Thanks. #215

Sounds to me like you don't have the brake centered over the wheel - have you checked that?

If it won't open easily, the bolt/nut unit on the arch is too tight. Hold the nut(10mm) and loosen
the bolt(5mm allen), kinda like a headset.