P.S. I wonder why they need an autopsy? It is obvious that the cause of death is TERMINAL STUPIDITY!

Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 Subject: Mountain biker dies on practice run

Cyclist crashes, dies during practice Sunday, May 18, 2003
(05-18) 00:12 PDT BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. (AP) -- Japanese cyclist Haruko Fujinaka was killed in a
crash Saturday morning while practicing for an event at Snow Summit Mountain Resort. Fujinaka, 33,
appeared to clear a jump but lost control in the air and fell to the ground around 10 a.m. Fire
Dept. Capt. Richard Flint said she was breathing and had a pulse when he reached her minutes
later. "But when I arrived, she was unconscious and not responsive to any stimuli," Flint said.
She was taken to a hospital, and then transported by helicopter to Loma Linda University Medical
Center in Riverside County. The Kyoto native was pronounced dead at 11:51 a.m. Deputy coroner Jim
Sedgwick said Fujinaka died from multiple injuries, and said an autopsy would be performed later
this week. Flint said it was the first fatality he could recall in the history of the National
Championship Mountain Bike Series at Big Bear Lake. Fujinaka competed in professional mountain
biking events on several continents, and finished in the top 10 in races in Australia, Japan and
the United States. Finals in most events remained scheduled for Sunday at Snow Summit, about 100
miles east of Los Angeles.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

In all forums, and topics, it is always useful to have debates, about whether what we do is fun, or
useful, or meaningful, or dangerous, etc. Mike, I don't agree with everything you say, but I do
agree with a small part, and in any case debate is always interesting. That said., to use the
unfortunate demise of a fellow human being to advance your agenda, whether you agree with what
the're doing, or not, says more about the smallness of your soul than anything you could possibly
write To risk something is to gain reward, whether it be in mountain biking, or environmentalism
(sic?), no life is worthless, whether they are mountain bikers, or environmentalists. I'm not a
godly man, but I'll ask someone who is, to pray for your soul's redemption. BR to mountain bikers, &
environmentalists Steve

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> The definition of an addiction is a compulsion so strong that a mountain biker is willing to risk
> EVERYTHING, including their own worthless life, to pursue their selfish, destructive sport!
>
> Mike
>
> P.S. I wonder why they need an autopsy? It is obvious that the cause of death is TERMINAL
> STUPIDITY!
>

> Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 Subject: Mountain biker dies on practice run
>
> Cyclist crashes, dies during practice

Seriously Mike, have some respect, someone died. There is no need to stoop that low. Anything and
everything has a degree of danger to it.

I wanted to post something in reply to this message, but I am a little appalled by what I have
just read by Mike, usually what he writes is amusing, I never realised that it was because he
was soulless

Mike, tonight I will pray for you, may you go where somebody who can gloat at the death of
another should go

Live fast, crash faster

http://www.mtbbikes.co.uk

On Wed, 21 May 2003 14:19:05 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:

<SNIP>
>P.S. I wonder why they need an autopsy? It is obvious that the cause of death is TERMINAL
> STUPIDITY!
<SNIP>

I recently had to reload my computer and I lost some data. Thanks for reminding me to update
my killfille

> The definition of an addiction is a compulsion so strong that a mountain
biker
> is willing to risk EVERYTHING, including their own worthless life, to
pursue
> their selfish, destructive sport!
>
> Mike
>
> P.S. I wonder why they need an autopsy? It is obvious that the cause of
death is
> TERMINAL STUPIDITY!

Mike, you have a right to your opinion; but please think before posting.

Free climbing? Diving? Hang gliding? Spelunking? There are dozens of adventurous activities that
could kill you quite easily if you lose control, become too adventurous, get caught in a storm, etc.
Happens all the time.

I'm glad that you're trying to preserve wild habitat. It's a noble cause. (I've backed you on this,
years ago, on a-m.b). If you want to villify humans for their destruction of the Earth, start with
the auto industry. Mountain bikers are far down the list of offensive groups, IMO. You need some
perspective, sir. Visit emerging industrialized nations and see what wholesale destruction of
natural habitats looks like.

Humans are a blip on Mother Nature's timeline. We're as insects under Her feet. The Earth will
continue to morph in mysterious and wonderful ways millions of eons after our civilization is
crushed into a thin strata of interesting molecules.

Barry

Oh my Lord so is Driving!! So is walking down the street! So is going outside!! The bacterium!! Oh
no I'm a paranoid freak named Vandeman who is just making really lame, weak, whiney arguments!
P.S. Mike if stupidity is terminal, my condolences to your family, since you apparently will be
dying soon.

> The definition of an addiction is a compulsion so strong that a mountain
biker
> is willing to risk EVERYTHING, including their own worthless life, to
pursue
> their selfish, destructive sport!
>
> Mike
>
> P.S. I wonder why they need an autopsy? It is obvious that the cause of
death is
> TERMINAL STUPIDITY!
>

> Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 Subject: Mountain biker dies on practice run
>
> Cyclist crashes, dies during practice Sunday, May 18, 2003
> (05-18) 00:12 PDT BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. (AP) -- Japanese cyclist Haruko Fujinaka was killed in a
> crash Saturday morning
while
> practicing for an event at Snow Summit Mountain Resort. Fujinaka, 33, appeared to clear a jump but
> lost control in the air and
fell
> to the ground around 10 a.m. Fire Dept. Capt. Richard Flint said she was breathing and had a
> pulse when he reached her minutes later. "But when I arrived, she was unconscious and not
> responsive to any
stimuli,"
> Flint said. She was taken to a hospital, and then transported by helicopter to Loma
Linda
> University Medical Center in Riverside County. The Kyoto native was pronounced dead at 11:51 a.m.
> Deputy coroner Jim Sedgwick said Fujinaka died from multiple injuries, and said an autopsy would
> be performed later this week. Flint said it was the first fatality he could recall in the history
> of the National Championship Mountain Bike Series at Big Bear Lake. Fujinaka competed in
> professional mountain biking events on several continents, and finished in the top 10 in races in
> Australia, Japan and
the
> United States. Finals in most events remained scheduled for Sunday at Snow Summit, about
100
> miles east of Los Angeles.
>

> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Doh, almost forgot... PLONK you moron.

> The definition of an addiction is a compulsion so strong that a mountain
biker
> is willing to risk EVERYTHING, including their own worthless life, to
pursue
> their selfish, destructive sport!
>
> Mike
>
> P.S. I wonder why they need an autopsy? It is obvious that the cause of
death is
> TERMINAL STUPIDITY!
>

> Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 Subject: Mountain biker dies on practice run
>
> Cyclist crashes, dies during practice Sunday, May 18, 2003
> (05-18) 00:12 PDT BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. (AP) -- Japanese cyclist Haruko Fujinaka was killed in a
> crash Saturday morning
while
> practicing for an event at Snow Summit Mountain Resort. Fujinaka, 33, appeared to clear a jump but
> lost control in the air and
fell
> to the ground around 10 a.m. Fire Dept. Capt. Richard Flint said she was breathing and had a
> pulse when he reached her minutes later. "But when I arrived, she was unconscious and not
> responsive to any
stimuli,"
> Flint said. She was taken to a hospital, and then transported by helicopter to Loma
Linda
> University Medical Center in Riverside County. The Kyoto native was pronounced dead at 11:51 a.m.
> Deputy coroner Jim Sedgwick said Fujinaka died from multiple injuries, and said an autopsy would
> be performed later this week. Flint said it was the first fatality he could recall in the history
> of the National Championship Mountain Bike Series at Big Bear Lake. Fujinaka competed in
> professional mountain biking events on several continents, and finished in the top 10 in races in
> Australia, Japan and
the
> United States. Finals in most events remained scheduled for Sunday at Snow Summit, about
100
> miles east of Los Angeles.
>

> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

"Flint said it was the first fatality he could recall in the history of the National Championship
Mountain Bike Series at Big Bear Lake."

... and you say that this is newsworthy? Driving a car is dangerous, walking down the street is
dangerous, boiling an egg is dangerous.

On Wed, 21 May 2003 07:47:15 -0700, Steve Petree <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Vandeman wrote:
>
>>The definition of an addiction is a compulsion so strong that a mountain biker is willing to risk
>>EVERYTHING, including their own worthless life, to pursue their selfish, destructive sport!
>>
>>Mike
>>
>>P.S. I wonder why they need an autopsy? It is obvious that the cause of death is TERMINAL
>> STUPIDITY!
>>

>>Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 Subject: Mountain biker dies on practice run
>>
>>Cyclist crashes, dies during practice Sunday, May 18, 2003
>>(05-18) 00:12 PDT BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. (AP) -- Japanese cyclist Haruko Fujinaka was killed in a
>>crash Saturday morning while practicing for an event at Snow Summit Mountain Resort. Fujinaka, 33,
>>appeared to clear a jump but lost control in the air and fell to the ground around 10 a.m. Fire
>>Dept. Capt. Richard Flint said she was breathing and had a pulse when he reached her minutes
>>later. "But when I arrived, she was unconscious and not responsive to any stimuli," Flint said.
>>She was taken to a hospital, and then transported by helicopter to Loma Linda University Medical
>>Center in Riverside County. The Kyoto native was pronounced dead at 11:51 a.m. Deputy coroner Jim
>>Sedgwick said Fujinaka died from multiple injuries, and said an autopsy would be performed later
>>this week. Flint said it was the first fatality he could recall in the history of the National
>>Championship Mountain Bike Series at Big Bear Lake. Fujinaka competed in professional mountain
>>biking events on several continents, and finished in the top 10 in races in Australia, Japan and
>>the United States. Finals in most events remained scheduled for Sunday at Snow Summit, about 100
>>miles east of Los Angeles.
>>
>In all forums, and topics, it is always useful to have debates, about whether what we do is fun, or
>useful, or meaningful, or dangerous, etc. Mike, I don't agree with everything you say, but I do
>agree with a small part, and in any case debate is always interesting. That said., to use the
>unfortunate demise of a fellow human being to advance your agenda, whether you agree with what
>the're doing, or not, says more about the smallness of your soul than anything you could possibly
>write To risk something is to gain reward, whether it be in mountain biking, or environmentalism
>(sic?), no life is worthless, whether they are mountain bikers, or environmentalists. I'm not a
>godly man, but I'll ask someone who is, to pray for your soul's redemption. BR to mountain bikers,
>& environmentalists Steve

The definition of an addiction is a compulsion so strong that a PhD is willing to risk EVERYTHING,
including their own worthless reputation, to pursue their selfish, destructive crusade!

By the same logic, the death of Dale Earnhart should lead to a crusade to ban all cars.

Any person who takes such pleasure in the death of another, and uses it to promote their cause (no
matter how much of a stretch), shows the symptoms of a psychopath, with no empathy for others. He
has done this a number of times before.

On the other hand, we are all supposed to grieve for Mikey's cat (run over by accident when he let
it run loose) even after several years.

But this is the same person who encourages and applauds people putting dangerous traps on bike
trails, even if he has not clearly admitted to doing that himself. The lack of empathy and
willingness to endanger others makes him a possible threat to the community.

If it was possible for Mikey's credibility to be lowered, this would do it. It would make for
additional evidence at his commitment hearing, but certainly should be shown to anyone considering
supporting him in any way.

Happy trails, Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

> The definition of an addiction is a compulsion so strong that a mountain
biker
> is willing to risk EVERYTHING, including their own worthless life, to
pursue
> their selfish, destructive sport!
>
> Mike
>
> P.S. I wonder why they need an autopsy? It is obvious that the cause of
death is
> TERMINAL STUPIDITY!
>

> Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 Subject: Mountain biker dies on practice run

<SNIP>

Well, then I guess I don't suffer from TERMINAL STIPIDITY as you so eloquently phrase (must have
looked in the mirror to get that one) since I ride a mountain bike and have no desire whatsoever to
risk EVERYTHING in pursuit of my rather enjoyable sport. I don't race (and let's not forget that she
died while practicing for a race on a sanctioned course rather than bombing down the local hiking
trail as I'm sure you would rather have had happen) downhill and I am very much aware that if I
can't ride something I walk it. That's just common sense. I'm not about to risk personal injury or
death just to ride my bike.

Now, getting in my car every day is far moe dangerous than riding my bike, but then, you're so close
minded and psychotic that you'd never buy that argument either.

"TacomaBoy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Oh my Lord so is Driving!! So is walking down the street! So is going outside!! The bacterium!! Oh
> no I'm a paranoid freak named Vandeman who
is
> just making really lame, weak, whiney arguments! P.S. Mike if stupidity
is
> terminal, my condolences to your family, since you apparently will be
dying
> soon.

freak named Vandeman who is just making really lame, weak, whiney arguments!

Well, yeah. That's his general method.

Michael

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> The definition of an addiction is a compulsion so strong that a mountain biker is willing to risk
> EVERYTHING, including their own worthless life, to pursue their selfish, destructive sport!

Search Google for "Died while Hiking" returns 86,000 results. "Died while Mountain Biking" only
returns 11,000. Not exactally a statistical analysis but it backs up what I recall: a lot more
people die while hiking than mountain biking. By your arguement hiking is even more selfish and
destructive than mountain biking. Why don't you bring some statistics to the table Mike and we'll
see exactally which sport is more dangerous.

The fact is that very few people get killed while mountain biking and most of those who do get
killed are on the extreme edge of the sport (in this case downhill racing).

This has got to be the dumbest, most insensitive threads you have ever started confirming for the
world exactally how little character you have.

-- The Ogre

> The definition of an addiction is a compulsion so strong that a mountain
biker
> is willing to risk EVERYTHING, including their own worthless life, to
pursue
> their selfish, destructive sport!
>
> Mike
>
> P.S. I wonder why they need an autopsy? It is obvious that the cause of
death is
> TERMINAL STUPIDITY!
>

> Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 Subject: Mountain biker dies on practice run
>
> Cyclist crashes, dies during practice Sunday, May 18, 2003
> (05-18) 00:12 PDT BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. (AP) -- Japanese cyclist Haruko Fujinaka was killed in a
> crash Saturday morning
while
> practicing for an event at Snow Summit Mountain Resort. Fujinaka, 33, appeared to clear a jump but
> lost control in the air and
fell
> to the ground around 10 a.m. Fire Dept. Capt. Richard Flint said she was breathing and had a
> pulse when he reached her minutes later. "But when I arrived, she was unconscious and not
> responsive to any
stimuli,"
> Flint said. She was taken to a hospital, and then transported by helicopter to Loma
Linda
> University Medical Center in Riverside County. The Kyoto native was pronounced dead at 11:51 a.m.
> Deputy coroner Jim Sedgwick said Fujinaka died from multiple injuries, and said an autopsy would
> be performed later this week. Flint said it was the first fatality he could recall in the history
> of the National Championship Mountain Bike Series at Big Bear Lake. Fujinaka competed in
> professional mountain biking events on several continents, and finished in the top 10 in races in
> Australia, Japan and
the
> United States. Finals in most events remained scheduled for Sunday at Snow Summit, about
100
> miles east of Los Angeles.
>

> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike, Could you for the court show us on the doll where the bad man touched you?

TJ

Remember!

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. Sir Winston Churchill

Gyp

As the inscription on the Alex MacIntyer memorial in the Annapurna Sanctuary puts it:- "It is better
to live one day as a Tiger, than 10,000 days as a Sheep."

> The definition of an addiction is a compulsion so strong that a mountain
biker
> is willing to risk EVERYTHING, including their own worthless life, to
pursue
> their selfish, destructive sport!
>
> Mike
>
> P.S. I wonder why they need an autopsy? It is obvious that the cause of
death is
> TERMINAL STUPIDITY!

You really are a sick, sad, small man. I'd rather die a mountain biker that live one second as YOU!

What an awful thing to say, Mike. Mocking another human's death in order to promote your political
cause is pretty pathetic.

From this, and previous posts, you seem like a profoundly unhappy person, filled with self-loathing,
and by extension, hatred for the rest of humanity. It looks like you've wrapped up your hate in an
environmental "cause" which keeps you from looking at the true source of your unhappiness (here's a
clue...it's not mountain bikes).

Do you have anyone close, emotionally, in your life? With your strident negativity, I doubt it. I
really think you should look inside yourself, and seek out professional help for you obvious
emotional and mental issues.

Posting stuff like this is a pretty awful way to live, don't you think?

GG

Steve Petree <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> In all forums, and topics, it is always useful to have debates, about whether what we do is fun,
> or useful, or meaningful, or dangerous, etc. Mike, I don't agree with everything you say, but I do
> agree with a small part, and in any case debate is always interesting.

You're retarded, aren't you? There is no "debating" with a psycho, unless you are like-minded.

JD

On Wed, 21 May 2003 18:02:42 +0000 (UTC), Gyp <[email protected]> wrote:

>Remember!
>
>A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. Sir Winston Churchill

Interesting quote, and oh so relevant.

Even the sock puppets will not support this bit of lunacy.

The worst thing about Mikey is what a bad image he creates for real environmentalists. Happy trails,