Rocks Roots & Rubber (2004 New York Muni Weekend Video)

evil-nick

Guest
Hey all! For those of you who missed the 2004 NY Muni Weekend, here's a
vid of what you missed! Featuring tons of riders who's names sometimes
escape me, 'cause I'm bad with names...
WARNING!!! 103 Meg download!

http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/univid/rrr.mpg

--
evil-nick - Unicyclist, Linux Geek, & swell guy

Never kick a unicyclist in the groin... it will only make them grow
stronger...

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

****! I read "103 MB Dl" only after I clicked save target as. My
bandwidth limit!

Oh well, no going back. I have to see what I missed!

--
TheObieOne3226 - Judge me by my size, do you?

[image: http://img54.exs.cx/img54/4743/yodaweedresize.jpg]
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT
singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com

evil-nick wrote:
> *It's called having a homepage on a CS Club server at university, and
> the admin giving you 1 Gig of storage :D *

I was wondering if you were crazy for hosting a 103MB file. :)

The file I got was only 95.9MB (100,564,992 bytes). Did I get the
entire file?

That's a well done video. Bagpipes are always a plus. Is the film from
just one day at the NY Muni Weekend, or is it a combination of several
days of riding?

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

john_childs wrote:
> *The file I got was only 95.9MB (100,564,992 bytes). Did I get the
> entire file? *

It seems that my first download was incomplete. I downloaded it again
and got the entire file. 103 MB (108,988,192 bytes). Sorry about
wasting the bandwidth. :p

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

The footage was taken from each day of the Weekend (Friday through
Sunday) on my girlfriend's Canon A60.
Suck down the bandwidth, that server handles 1/3rd of all outgoing
traffic from the school... That's what happens when you mirror a
half-dozen different Linux Distributions, kernels, and assorted Open
Source software! :D

--
evil-nick - Unicyclist, Linux Geek, & swell guy

Never kick a unicyclist in the groin... it will only make them grow
stronger...

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

> Suck down the bandwidth, that server handles 1/3rd of all outgoing
> traffic from the school... That's what happens when you mirror a
> half-dozen different Linux Distributions, kernels, and assorted Open
> Source software!

Holly **** I have no idea what that just meant...:eek:

Anyways...still downloading the video....I betcha it's gonna make me
feel sorry for myself...

--
Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

"Cyclists of the world unite!
You have nothing to lose but your other wheel!"

~Owen Kirby

Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

All that means is that the school IT department really really hates us
;)

Look on the bright side Murde Mental... there's a reason that I was
behind the camera... I think Brian (the Artist Formerly Known as Sofa)
filmed me 5 or 6 times on Sunday, and I think I fell at least 4 of those
times ;)

But ya gotta go next year :)

--
evil-nick - Unicyclist, Linux Geek, & swell guy

Never kick a unicyclist in the groin... it will only make them grow
stronger...

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

Ok, I got a Divx version (at least I think it's divx) posted, weighs in
at about 50 Megs, and just a wee bit crappier quality (I find)...

http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/univid/rrr.avi

Laterz!

--
evil-nick - Unicyclist, Linux Geek, & swell guy

Never kick a unicyclist in the groin... it will only make them grow
stronger...

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

AWSOME VIDEO!!!

the bagpipes are awsome, and i especially love the shot of me doing the
drop that gets paused :D

I like the video and it is great

--
JVTFm - J.V.T.F.M. remember I AM THE MAN

"you know i had a friend who broke his rists eating poptarts once"-Brian
MacKenzie to me while i ate poptarts with harbingers on

"ridonculous, its beyond ridiculous"-kyle and joel

"dude shut up before i castrate you with a lemon wedge"-me
JVTFm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6432

evil-nick wrote:
> *The footage was taken from each day of the Weekend (Friday through
> Sunday) on my girlfriend's Canon A60.
> *

Do you mean ZR60? The A60 is just a digital camera where the ZR60 is a
camcorder. That would be a lot of video to store on a memory card and
the quality/framerate seemed to be much better than the A60. I'm just
curious.

--
BoojiBoy - Punk Rock Rider

www.skawabunga.com
www.purevolume.com/skawabunga
www.epluribusfunk.tk
gallery.unicyclist.com/epluribusfunk
BoojiBoy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3923

HAHAHA, you ignorant fools! What are compact flash sizae limitations
when you have a laptop! MWUHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yeah, it's an A60, I got a 256M flash card, and I took almost no stills,
then dumped them all onto the laptop. All told I took about 500 megs of
raw footage. I didn't use nearly all of the footage ;)

Actually, I feel the quality is less than it was before I converted it
(The camera uses a funky mjpeg standard that Adobe Premiere couldn't
deal with) and the conversion washed out some of the color and blurred
it a wee bit. Which is more than anyone wanted to know.

Oh, and I forgot to credit "Session" by Linkin Park...

--
evil-nick - Unicyclist, Linux Geek, & swell guy

Never kick a unicyclist in the groin... it will only make them grow
stronger...

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

Thanks for a good video! I get envious - so many pedal freaks getting
together. By the way, I notice that in several uni movies all the
crashes occur in the end of movie. Is this some sort of editing
tradition?

Yeah, from what I gather in skate/snow etc movies you've got the crash
section near the end... 'Cause hey, you didn't buy a vid to watch all
these "good" riders mess up right?

Sorry you weren't in the vid Tim... If it makes you feel better,
neitehr was I (And I made it!) Next year!