Semi OT: Lance Armstrong Nike Commerical

Mark wrote:
> I just seen this a few minutes ago. I think it is good ad, it makes me
> want to go for a ride....And my 12 year old daughter thinks it's
> "cool"...so it must be a great ad!!
>
> http://www.nike.com/wearyellow/seelanceride/main.html\

And in other breaking news, I Dream of Jeannie is a pretty fun little show.

Bill "hmmmmm, Barbara Eden..." S.

> And in other breaking news, I Dream of Jeannie is a pretty fun little show.
>
> Bill "hmmmmm, Barbara Eden..." S.

With comments like this...now I see why people do not like posting to
this newsgroup. This is certainly going to be my last post.

This was not meant to be "breaking news", rather to share something that
others may not of seen before. Remember not all us of see the same
commericals that are shown in other countries/markets....Nor do some of
us watch TV on a regular basis.

"Mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I just seen this a few minutes ago. I think it is good ad, it makes me
> want to go for a ride....And my 12 year old daughter thinks it's
> "cool"...so it must be a great ad!!
>
> http://www.nike.com/wearyellow/seelanceride/main.html

I hadn't seen this commercial for awhile. Thanks for the link. It's one of
my favorites.

Beverly

Mark <[email protected]> wrote:
>> And in other breaking news, I Dream of Jeannie is a pretty fun
>> little show.
>>
>> Bill "hmmmmm, Barbara Eden..." S.

> With comments like this...now I see why people do not like posting to
> this newsgroup. This is certainly going to be my last post.
>
> This was not meant to be "breaking news", rather to share something
> that others may not of seen before. Remember not all us of see the
> same commericals that are shown in other countries/markets....Nor do
> some of us watch TV on a regular basis.

Please, please, please just one more post! We'll be nice, I
promise........seriously though, lighten up.

Frankly, I thought the I Dream of Jeannie comment was pretty funny.
Remember, not all of us lack a sense of humor or see the same jokes shown in
other newsgroups.

And Barbare Eden was hot! C'mon, any male born between between 1955 and
1970 had fantasies of spending time in that bottle!.

Tom

:
: > And in other breaking news, I Dream of Jeannie is a pretty fun little
show.
: >
: > Bill "hmmmmm, Barbara Eden..." S.
:
: With comments like this...now I see why people do not like posting to
: this newsgroup. This is certainly going to be my last post.
:
: This was not meant to be "breaking news", rather to share something that
: others may not of seen before. Remember not all us of see the same
: commericals that are shown in other countries/markets....Nor do some of
: us watch TV on a regular basis.

That commercial hasn't been on in Texas for months now. Where are you
located that you are still seeing it?

Pat

"tcmedara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Mark <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> And in other breaking news, I Dream of Jeannie is a pretty fun
> >> little show.
> >>
> >> Bill "hmmmmm, Barbara Eden..." S.

> > With comments like this...now I see why people do not like posting to
> > this newsgroup. This is certainly going to be my last post.
> >
> > This was not meant to be "breaking news", rather to share something
> > that others may not of seen before. Remember not all us of see the
> > same commericals that are shown in other countries/markets....Nor do
> > some of us watch TV on a regular basis.

> Please, please, please just one more post! We'll be nice, I
> promise........seriously though, lighten up.
>
> Frankly, I thought the I Dream of Jeannie comment was pretty funny.
> Remember, not all of us lack a sense of humor or see the same jokes shown

in
> other newsgroups.
>
> And Barbare Eden was hot! C'mon, any male born between between 1955 and
> 1970 had fantasies of spending time in that bottle!.
>
> Tom

Barbara Eden. Wow.

Hey, lets start a new thread. Who was hotter ... Ginger or Mary Ann? I'm
in the Mary Ann camp. Ginger was too ****ty.

Bob C.

In article <[email protected]>,
"psycholist" <[email protected]> writes:

> Hey, lets start a new thread. Who was hotter ... Ginger or Mary Ann? I'm
> in the Mary Ann camp. Ginger was too ****ty.

When I was a li'l kid, we had these Saturday matinees at the
local theatre. Two bits & a dime would get you in, and some
popcorn or a slab of MacIntosh's Toffee. Anyhow, the old Tarzan
flicks w/ Johnny Weismuller and Maureen O'Sullivan were among
my faves, 'cuz Maureen had gams up to here. I never did
understand how some white Euro orphan dumped into the heart of
jungled Africa could know the environment better than the black
people who'd been living there all along.

And of course, there was Gail Storm in the 50's.

Then there was Diana Rigg's 'Emma Peel' in 'The Avengers'.

In re Gilligan's Island:

1) Mary Ann always seemed to be the one pedalling the generator.

2) Sometimes the theme music from Gilligan's Island gets into
my head -- especially when grinding up hills longer than
I anticipated: '... a three hour tour ...'

cheers,
Tom
--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

Mark <[email protected]> wrote:

>> And in other breaking news, I Dream of Jeannie is a pretty fun little show.
>>
>> Bill "hmmmmm, Barbara Eden..." S.

>With comments like this...now I see why people do not like posting to
>this newsgroup. This is certainly going to be my last post.

Don't let the trolls stop you from contributing.

--Blair
"They're dry litter under your slicks."

Mark <[email protected]> wrote:

>> And in other breaking news, I Dream of Jeannie is a pretty fun little show.
>>
>> Bill "hmmmmm, Barbara Eden..." S.

>With comments like this...now I see why people do not like posting to
>this newsgroup. This is certainly going to be my last post.

Don't let the trolls stop you from contributing.

--Blair
"They're dry litter under your slicks."

Thanks for posting this -- very well done, and I appreciate having the link.

-- M. Powell

"Mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>I just seen this a few minutes ago. I think it is good ad, it makes me

((SNIP))

Tom Keats wrote:
> 2) Sometimes the theme music from Gilligan's Island gets into
> my head -- especially when grinding up hills longer than
> I anticipated: '... a three hour tour ...'

Here's a factoid: you can sing the words of "Amazing Grace" to the tune
of Gilligan's Island. And vice versa.

-km

--
Only cowards fight kids -- unidentified Moscow protester

proud to be owned by a yorkie

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:36:29 -0400, "psycholist" <[email protected]>
wrote:

<snip>

>Hey, lets start a new thread. Who was hotter ... Ginger or Mary Ann? I'm
>in the Mary Ann camp. Ginger was too ****ty.

Plus MA was just prettier, and better put-together.

Michael J. Klein [email protected]
Dasi Jen, Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC
Please replace mousepotato with asiancastings

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:02:29 -0700, [email protected] (Tom Keats)
wrote:

>And of course, there was Gail Storm in the 50's.
>
>Then there was Diana Rigg's 'Emma Peel' in 'The Avengers'.

Annette Funicello as a Mouseketeer (hey, I wasn't all that old
either). And Mary Tyler Moore's limited appearance in ?Richard
Diamond?, especially if you like gams. She was the legs at the
beginning of each show, attached to her voice.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

In article <[email protected]>,
the black rose <[email protected]> writes:

> Here's a factoid: you can sing the words of "Amazing Grace" to the tune
> of Gilligan's Island. And vice versa.

Heh :) I'd like to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir pull
that off.

Reminds me, I've heard claims that Pink Floyd's Dark Side of
the Moon is uncannily in sync with The Wizard of Oz.

Maybe Pink Floyd's 'One of These Days' would make good
sound track to some B-roll of the TdF. I sometimes think
there's some interchangability between that tune and the
Dr Who theme.

cheers,
Tom

--

Beverly wrote:
:: "Mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
:: news:vf%ad.90321$a41.86119@pd7tw2no...
::: I just seen this a few minutes ago. I think it is good ad, it makes
::: me want to go for a ride....And my 12 year old daughter thinks it's
::: "cool"...so it must be a great ad!!
:::
::: http://www.nike.com/wearyellow/seelanceride/main.html
::
:: I hadn't seen this commercial for awhile. Thanks for the link.
:: It's one of my favorites.
::
:: Beverly

I often hum that tune while riding my bike.

tcmedara <[email protected]> wrote:
> And Barbare Eden was hot! C'mon, any male born between between 1955 and
> 1970 had fantasies of spending time in that bottle!.

ack, leave me out of this (1969). for me it was diana rigg.

diana rigg
http://www.staylace.com/films/indexfiles/a/avengers.jpg
http://www.poster.net/rigg-diana/rigg-diana-photo-diana-rigg-6204023.jpg
http://rubtsov.penza.com.ru/calendar/pict/rigg.jpg

barbara eden
http://www.scrumptious.com/BarbaraEden2.jpg

no contest. not even close.
--
david reuteler
[email protected]

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 01:09:47 GMT, Mark wrote:

> I just seen this a few minutes ago. I think it is good ad, it makes me
> want to go for a ride....And my 12 year old daughter thinks it's
> "cool"...so it must be a great ad!!

Looking out of the window and seeing nice weather makes me want to
go for a ride. Who needs to watch TV?

--
bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo

David Reuteler wrote:
:: tcmedara <[email protected]> wrote:
::: And Barbare Eden was hot! C'mon, any male born between between
::: 1955 and 1970 had fantasies of spending time in that bottle!.
::
:: ack, leave me out of this (1969). for me it was diana rigg.
::
:: diana rigg
:: http://www.staylace.com/films/indexfiles/a/avengers.jpg
:: http://www.poster.net/rigg-diana/rigg-diana-photo-diana-rigg-6204023.jpg