or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RR: Poseurama - Page 5

post #61 of 111

Re: Poseurama

> > > I used to sneer as much as the next guy. At some point I just felt
that it
> > > was taking a lot of the fun out of MY ride. If someone can't afford a
nice
> > > bike, I think "well at least they're riding". If someone has a flash
bike,
> > > I tell myself "good for them, the demand drives down the cost of
high-end
> > > bikes." And then I take a deep whiff of sweet mountain air and I feel better. Its all good.
> >
> > Absolutely. As with most things in life, there will always be people
who
> > have better and worse equipment, better and worse skills, and it needn't detract from your
> > enjoyment.
>
> Again hardlow, you nmissed the points.

Err, no. I was responding to BB's post. Not surprised you missed that; you can't even spell my name
correctly.
post #62 of 111

Re: Poseurama

"JD" <CKAGMD@webtv.net> wrote in message news:bff73eaa.0303031643.4c926ea8@posting.google.com...
> One might think that a Monday in Loma might garner empty trails in the Winter. Not if the tourons
> can help it. Figuring on this, I had preplanned by wearing my most obnoxious Three Stooges tshirt
> and bringing the singlespeed.

Boy, what a real man you are......nah just a hypocrite
post #63 of 111

Re: RR: Poseurama

"JD" <CKAGMD@webtv.net> wrote in message news:bff73eaa.0303041930.28e07db8@posting.google.com...

> Yeah, ride all over the desert. It doesn't matter if you are riding off-trail because all that
> matters is that you are having fun. Dimwitted people defend dimwits.
>
> JD

But if it is one of JD's pals it is alright
post #64 of 111

Re: RR: Poseurama

"John Harlow" <effluent@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FIb9a.359433$be.332713@rwcrnsc53...

> JD builds himself up by putting others down; it happens all the time

Ain't that the truth
post #65 of 111

Re: RR: Poseurama

"JD" <CKAGMD@webtv.net> wrote in message news:bff73eaa.0303050521.165ce477@posting.google.com...

> Heed your own advice, hardlow.
>
> JD

Oh oh, looks like JD found a new humpee
post #66 of 111

newsxI9a.381767$Ec4.382676@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net...

> Sorry JD, I was just attempting to enlighten this person of who he is dealing with. Didn't mean to
> hurt your feelings.

Considering how big an asshole JD is, he is rather thin skinned
post #67 of 111

Re: RR: Poseurama

"JD" <CKAGMD@webtv.net> wrote in message news:bff73eaa.0303050534.11bfa14b@posting.google.com...

> I find humor in many things, especially tools who have gear they can't handle. > JD

Nah, sound like you are just jealous
post #68 of 111

Re: Poseurama

"Shaun Rimmer" <shaun@newtronic.co.uk> wrote in message

> John Harlow <effluent@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:miI9a.376995$be.348788@rwcrnsc53...
> >
> > "Some Horse's Hangdown" <pirsquare78@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I don't understand this thread at all. Some people are better riders. Some people have more
> > > disposable income. Why do you care? Go ride and enjoy yourself, what's the point of this "I'm
> > > rougher and tougher and better and smarter" stuff?
> >

> > Sadly, it's what some need to do in order to feel better about
themselves.

> FFS, go and have a wank - your hardon is disturbing the natives.
>

> Shaun aRe

You go Bean!!
post #69 of 111

Re: Poseurama

> No, I was referring to those who need to put others down in order to feel good about themselves

You hit the nail on the head. Ole JD is just a surly insecure turd because the guilt of running away
from his child is eating away at his soul.
post #70 of 111

Re: Poseurama

Curt McClure <curtmcclure1941@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Shaun Rimmer" <shaun@newtronic.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > John Harlow <effluent@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:miI9a.376995$be.348788@rwcrnsc53...
> > >
> > > "Some Horse's Hangdown" <pirsquare78@hotmail.com> wrote in message
tougher

> > > Sadly, it's what some need to do in order to feel better about
> themselves.
> >
> > FFS, go and have a wank - your hardon is disturbing the natives.
> >

> > Shaun aRe
> >

> You go Bean!!

I go, I stay - sometimes I just wander around aimlessly for the hell of it - what's yer point?

Shaun aRe
post #71 of 111

Re: RR: Poseurama

CKAGMD@webtv.net (JD) wrote in message news:<bff73eaa.0303062226.6e8c5ac8@posting.google.com>...
> mtb_ogre@softhome.net (Dennis Baker) wrote in message
> > Now if you wanted to poke fun of a bunch of shuttle jockey's who get to the bottom of a 5 mile
> > trail and strut around and brag like they are 'leet cyclists then I will laugh right along with
> > you but it sounded to me like the only crime was not meeting JD's fitness standards and spending
> > too much on clothing.
> >
> > I'm probably making this into an issue when it really isn't. I just think that perhaps we should
> > spend more time encoraging people to do the right thing (stay on the trail damnit !!) instead of
> > laughing at people for not meeting our expectations of what a mountain biker should dress like.
>
> You need to reread it Dennis. They failed to return a genuine greeting. They are not mountain
> bikers, they are just more dorks on bikes. Their level of fitness and attire only made it funnier.
> Read the Mike Ferrentino article on litter. That describes their type, multiple times.
>
> JD

Problem is I can too easily see a buddie of mine coming off of a contract job and deciding to get
into mountain biking. He would want to do it "Right" and would probably spend $5K on a nice bike and
gear. Then he would be exactally the guy you described.

Only he wouldn't be an obnoxious poseur to me, he would be an ignorant newbie who needs a little
direction. As far as not returning your greeting, I can think of hundreds of times when folks
haven't returned my "hello's" and "good afternoons". Seems like the more skilled cyclists are no
more likely than others to return my greetings.

-- The Ogre http://ogrehut.com
post #72 of 111

Re: Poseurama

> The Dewbies who almost ran over me and my daughter last summer didn't even stop to see if we were
> OK, or holler "Sorry!" over their shoulders.

Heh.. Were your eyes as "wide as saucers"?
post #73 of 111

Re: Poseurama

"JD" <CKAGMD@webtv.net> wrote in message news:bff73eaa.0303031643.4c926ea8@posting.google.com...
>> pretty gt jerseys and all. They didn't bother returning my greeting
> as the others had.

What a hoot, JD complaining about someone not being nice to him
post #74 of 111

> I go, I stay - sometimes I just wander around aimlessly for the hell of
it -
> what's yer point?
>
> Shaun aRe

Sorry, American lingo. Something you Brits don't understand, much like good dental care
post #75 of 111

Re: Poseurama

Dave W wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 16:55:11 GMT, "G.T." <ethan_t@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>>John Harlow wrote:
>>
>>>"Some Horse's Hangdown" <pirsquare78@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>Sadly, it's what some need to do in order to feel better about themselves.
>>>

>>You're talking about the original post now, right? About the guys that are all show and no go?
>>These are the same types of people who go in to work on Monday and tell everyone what a mtn bike
>>stud they were on the weekend. Deceitful morons, just like guys who drive Corvettes. It's a small
>>penis issue.
>>
>>Greg
>

> and this effects you how? are you just jealous that they actually have a job they can go into and
> talk about the weekends festivities concerning the bike.

Um, dude, I have a job and I don't go in on Monday to brag about my imaginary mtn bike exploits like
the poseurs do.

> Or are you jealous of the fact that they also have a life, filled with friends and family, and
> responsibilities that are beyond the bike.....finding time to ride is a struggle at best.

What's that got to do with bragging poseurs?

> truth is I'd love to be able to ride daily like you JD, and the independently wealthy Mr. Fagerlin
> but alas my attentions are required elsewhere most of the time. I squeeze a ride when I can,
> weather permitting. (and it hasn't been lately down here in the south :-( )

Again, what's that got to do with bragging poseurs?

The whole thread was about poseurs, not about how much you ride or how much you spend on your
equipment.

Too much pot this week?

Greg

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: