Bending the BikeE handlebar stem

Laurel Thomason

Guest
Would it be possible to take the stock BikeE stem (with the welded on
handlebar), fill it with sand and bend it in a pipe bender? I ask
because I'd like to bring the handlebars about 3" closer to me so I
can recline more fully.

Or--if the above is a dumb idea (and probably is) does anyone know
what gauge and type of tubing the stock BikeE stem is made from? I am
too broke right now to go for the more elegant CalhounCycles solution.

Maybe you could find a bent stem on eBay - I've seen a good bit of BikeE
stuff there . . .

news:[email protected]...