Shimano FC 7400 cranc

John Reinders

Guest
Hello,

I am new in this newsgroup.

I have a Shimano FC 7400 (7 speed) crancset on my bike. I am cleaning it
now.

The left cranc has a mark "LI"
The right cranc has a mark "LG"

The 52 camwheel has a mark "FC"
The 42 camwheel has a mark "LG"

How do I fit things in the right way?

Thanks,

John

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 10:19:20 +0200, "John Reinders"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am new in this newsgroup.
>
>I have a Shimano FC 7400 (7 speed) crancset on my bike. I am cleaning it
>now.
>
>The left cranc has a mark "LI"
>The right cranc has a mark "LG"
>
>The 52 camwheel has a mark "FC"
>The 42 camwheel has a mark "LG"
>
>How do I fit things in the right way?
>
>Thanks,
>
>John

This image
http://www.parktool.com/images/repair_help/racefaceXtype_20.jpg
shows the proper way to orient chain rings. The large one has a chain
catching pin that fits near the crank arm. The others usually have a
small tab on the ID edge that also lines up with the crank.

> On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 10:19:20 +0200, "John Reinders"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I am new in this newsgroup.
>>
>>I have a Shimano FC 7400 (7 speed) crancset on my bike. I am cleaning it
>>now.
>>
>>The left cranc has a mark "LI"

September, 1987

>>The right cranc has a mark "LG"

July, 1987

>>The 52 camwheel has a mark "FC"

March, 1981

>>The 42 camwheel has a mark "LG"

July, 1987

>>How do I fit things in the right way?
>>

> dianne_1234 wrote:
>
> This image
> http://www.parktool.com/images/repair_help/racefaceXtype_20.jpg
> shows the proper way to orient chain rings. The large one has a chain
> catching pin that fits near the crank arm. The others usually have a
> small tab on the ID edge that also lines up with the crank.

Right.

Sheldon "http://sheldonbrown.com/shimano.html" Brown
| This message has been sent to you using recycled electrons |
| exclusively. Please do not discard them after use, |
| send them along and help conserve these irreplaceable |
| sub-atomic resources for future generations. |
Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide